• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131030 - Michael and Nicole Sebastian - Night Terrors and Dream Intrusion

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 30, 2013, 06:24:36 PM

littlechris

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 30, 2013, 09:27:51 PM
Wha...?  I just ate, don't do that Art!

lol, that was definetly a first for Artie. I dont mind rap, but at least keep with the theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3k7ajNcrs4

Heather Wade

What is the difference between hu and om, then?  Is hu a Tibetan monk thing?  Where did they come up with hu?

SgtRocko

Quote from: littlechris on October 30, 2013, 09:19:46 PM
Sgt, is there any way to tell how popular arties show is? Has xm released listener numbers? Im curious myself. If he gets his own channel, then YEAH, hes popular!! lol!!!!!

I'm going based on them extending the refresh time for Art's show - I listen to a lot of other shows on XM, and they're always complaining about the short refresh time - Art's on like a month and he gets it done.

Other hosts read from "Talkers Magazine" ratings - they're now always mentioning Art, which is amazing.  Also, with Sirius/SM stock getting more interest, a lot of the stories mention Howard Stern, Jimmy Buffet, and now Art Bell as being significant reasons to invest.

I have to laugh at a local morning guy (COMPLETE scumbag, seriously an idiot - imagine the It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia crew trying to imitate Howard Stern after 3 listenings...).  Before I had to stop listening to his idiotic ranting, he kept doing looooooong tirades on how he "listened for a few hours to satellite radio, and the sound quality was terrible, and it was all the same stuff".  He even said Sirius/SM was 'losing listeners, and is probably down to less than a million subscribers' - the day before the latest numbers show 25-27 million subscribers, and several automakers announcing they're making it available in all their vehicles LOL   BEST of all, he said that "Loony Mort Bell (sic) is doing so badly he's going to be cancelled because he just talks about UFOs and the Loch Ness Monster and nobody cares" - he said this 2 weeks before Art's (or Mort's?) show even premiered.  Paid by Clearchannel much?

aldousburbank

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 30, 2013, 09:38:25 PM
What is the difference between hu and om, then?  Is hu a Tibetan monk thing?  Where did they come up with hu?
Huh?

SgtRocko

Om is an actual mantra.  Not sure where this Hu thing came from.  I lived in Nepal for nearly a year, and never heard anyone do "huuuu"

Now's the time for: Dream a little dream of me Mamas and Papas, Roy Orbison In dreams
For bumper music.

Spinner

Quote from: Chine on October 30, 2013, 09:26:02 PM
When did he say he would announce this? During tomorrow's show?
This is what Art said at the beginning of tonight's show:

"After tomorrow night's show, I'm gonna have an announcement of some significance, before the end of the program. And, in poker parlance, I will simply say, We're all in."

Chine

Om is one of the divine vibrations, Sanskrit in Hinduism, Buddhism. It's one of many in chants and so forth. I'd suggest googling on it as there's a great deal on it and bit too complex to answer here in a post.

Spinner

Quote from: SgtRocko on October 30, 2013, 09:39:03 PM
. . . he said this 2 weeks before Art's (or Mort's?) show even premiered.  Paid by Clearchannel much?
Nah. He was probably just trying to get cheap Sirius stock.  8)

I had a dream that I went into a restaurant bathroom and someone was keeping a boa constrictor in the sink. What does it all mean?

Spinner

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on October 30, 2013, 09:43:31 PM
Now's the time for: Dream a little dream of me Mamas and Papas, Roy Orbison In dreams
For bumper music.
Dream Weaver!

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Spinner on October 30, 2013, 09:43:59 PM

This is what Art said at the beginning of tonight's show:

"After tomorrow night's show, I'm gonna have an announcement of some significance, before the end of the program. And, in poker parlance, I will simply say, We're all in."

Finally a weekend host?
Anyone but George Knapp wouldn't mean much to me.

midnight

All I can find from googling is that Hu is an ancient name for God.  Couldn't find which ancient languange it's from though.

bateman

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 30, 2013, 09:52:43 PM
I had a dream that I went into a restaurant bathroom and someone was keeping a boa constrictor in the sink. What does it all mean?

Ron Jeremy was giving his junk a bird bath?

SgtRocko

Okay, gonna open up to you guys a bit.

My most vivid dream ever came about 2 years after my mom died of cancer.  It was THE most real, vivid, clear dream I've ever had.  I dream that my mother came back, but in good health and all.  I showed here everything that was going on - some redecorating going on, a new car, the promotion I got at work, etc.  She kept holding my hand like she liked to do in life.  I remember that just as I was about to take her out to show her the summer place my family goes to, she smiled, and said "oh, but I have to go now.  I'm proud of you, but I have to get back. You're doing well and I love you".  Then... she was just gone.

It was SO real, and I still remember every detail.  It feels like an actual memory.   The ending...  I felt so UP about it... but when she was gone again, it was the same raw wound as the day she died.  VERY hard.  But... weird, and I can't explain it... while it was wrenching, I also noticed the raw grief I had inside was gone.  I'm at peace with her Going Home now.  Still miss her, of course, but I feel... well, that overused word "closure" is about the best word.

Mock away, but it was one heckuva real dream.

Chine

Quote from: WildCard on October 30, 2013, 09:52:56 PM
Only reference I find is Eckanar.

Ok...so there's a HU chanted 'Whooo'...and a Hu pronounced 'Hugh'. Good grief. Searched 'Hu Chant'