Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

jazmunda

I believe it's more like this:

http://youtu.be/EeoYX_OUwY8

See you in 10 hours.

popple

Hey guys... guys... I don't feel so... *FALLS DOWN*

albrecht

It is hard to tell from the website. Any new "Dark City" shows coming soon? Love them and need more....

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on March 01, 2015, 01:47:14 PM
It is hard to tell from the website. Any new "Dark City" shows coming soon? Love them and need more....

I'm actually spending the day blasting out interview requests & firming up the schedule for the next couple months.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on March 01, 2015, 02:43:42 PM
I'm actually spending the day blasting out interview requests & firming up the schedule for the next couple months.
Great news! Keep the good work.

bateman

What does everybody think about this as possible bumper music?

http://youtu.be/xSVJbzt0IUE

Quote from: bateman on March 07, 2015, 06:57:22 PM
What does everybody think about this as possible bumper music?

http://youtu.be/xSVJbzt0IUE

I like it. I listen a lot with headphones and that would be awesome coming through. I like your choice of bumper music on the shows. It's stuff I don't hear all over the place, plus it suits the theme.

b_dubb's /run program is a good selection too, atmospheric and kind of eerie in a way.

bateman

Quote from: b_dubb on March 07, 2015, 07:18:29 PM

http://youtu.be/7Db7CwKwOd4

/run program sentionauts

Wow, that is wild. I may have to get in touch with the label about using it.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 07, 2015, 07:21:58 PM
I like it. I listen a lot with headphones and that would be awesome coming through. I like your choice of bumper music on the shows. It's stuff I don't hear all over the place, plus it suits the theme.

b_dubb's _run program is a good selection too, atmospheric and kind of eerie in a way.

Oh this sounds damn good. 
http://mfi.re/listen/zxmu6a7px276mxm/mix.mp3

And thanks, it's a lot of stuff I've been finding on Soundcloud - much of it is Australian, oddly enough.

b_dubb

Have you seen Beyond the Black Rainbow? It will flip your lid. Hard.

bateman

Quote from: b_dubb on March 07, 2015, 07:52:43 PM
Have you seen Beyond the Black Rainbow? It will flip your lid. Hard.

I'll see if I can find it, um, somewhere. I just finished House of Cards, so I was looking for something to watch anyway. Thanks for the suggestion.

b_dubb

Quote from: bateman on March 07, 2015, 07:59:13 PM

I'll see if I can find it, um, somewhere. I just finished House of Cards, so I was looking for something to watch anyway. Thanks for the suggestion.
Amazon Prime. Be sure to drop some adrenachrome about fifteen minutes before you press play.

cweb

Both of those tunes would be great bumpers.

Here's one I'll throw out there. These guys have a good amount of material that might also work. They're on Young Turks now, with old stuff on Dependent-- both indie labels.

Holy Fuck - Stay Lit

Quote from: bateman on March 07, 2015, 07:43:36 PM

Oh this sounds damn good. 
http://mfi.re/listen/zxmu6a7px276mxm/mix.mp3

And thanks, it's a lot of stuff I've been finding on Soundcloud - much of it is Australian, oddly enough.

That was awesome through the headphones, Bateman!

How long is your show? I found a 10 hour Australian didgeradoo video on youtube that makes me long for the days when I still dropped buds, ha ha.

Hey Steve, If you're still looking for more bumpers, I remember you used one of Junk Orbit's tracks last year, he's put up a lot more stuff since then... https://soundcloud.com/junkorbit

;)

Don't know if you'd want to use anything else from there (I guess you're swamped with mp3's and links right now) but you're more than welcome to any tracks you like. :)

bateman

Quote from: Threaten the Hoover on March 08, 2015, 05:12:35 PM
Hey Steve, If you're still looking for more bumpers, I remember you used one of Junk Orbit's tracks last year, he's put up a lot more stuff since then... https://soundcloud.com/junkorbit

;)

Don't know if you'd want to use anything else from there (I guess you're swamped with mp3's and links right now) but you're more than welcome to any tracks you like. :)

I'll take a look for sure.  8)

Just wrapped up 2 hours with Cheryl Costa on UFOs over New York. I'll have it up in the next day or so. Good stuff.

http://www.syracusenewtimes.com/blogs/new-york-skies-ufo-blog/

basswood

Quote from: bateman on March 08, 2015, 10:36:43 PM
I'll take a look for sure.  8)

Just wrapped up 2 hours with Cheryl Costa on UFOs over New York. I'll have it up in the next day or so. Good stuff.

http://www.syracusenewtimes.com/blogs/new-york-skies-ufo-blog/

'Bout time, man  :) I was about to start burning Mucklestones.

popple

More Dark City?!?! Woooo! I wish this was your real job so we could get even more shows. I like Art's suggestion of 5 nights a week, hahaha. One day. I hope.

Also, I'm really looking forward to this show a lot because I always wondered would it be more difficult to see UFOs in large cities because of light pollution or just so many distractions in the streets? Do people even look up there? lol For the size of the population are the report highs, low or about average? Where are they mostly spotted from? I have many questions that need answers!!!

bateman

Quote from: popple on March 08, 2015, 11:02:18 PM
More Dark City?!?! Woooo! I wish this was your real job so we could get even more shows.

ME TOO.

Quote from: popple on March 08, 2015, 11:02:18 PM
I like Art's suggestion of 5 nights a week, hahaha. One day. I hope.

5 nights a week seems like a little much, but who am I to argue with Art.  ;D

popple

A woman was levitated out of her 10th story apartment and two cops witnessed it? I always wondered how aliens got their abductees out in the city, hahaha!  ;D

Really good show. You should definitely have her back again. She sounds like she has endless stories to share and I never really thought about NY state being such a hotbed. 3-5% of the worlds sightings a year and in the top 10?

The description of the UFO in the field looking like a bus kind of reminds me of the description from the Hill's. All the windows along the side. It's interesting how the reported crafts change over time. Also, good point about experimental testing being done on the west coast.....  :o

jimg

Quote from: bateman on March 07, 2015, 07:59:13 PM

Should still be on Netflix.

jimg

That Project MoonDust stuff you got from the Kevin Randle interview was top notch, Bateman. Really well done.

astroguy

I head to LPSC in two days, and John Brandenburg claimed he'll be presenting his work there.  He's slated for Tuesday night's poster session.  I'll let y'all know if that was all just talk or if he actually shows up.

If he doesn't, I would love for Steve to do a follow-up interview (even just a 5-minute quickie ... after all, how long does the guy need?) to take him to task for that.  After all, a major point of his argument that this is For Realz is that he presents at scientific conferences.  As opposed to just submits his abstracts that get accepted and then he does nothing but use that to claim that they're presented to peers.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: popple on March 13, 2015, 02:35:56 PM
A woman was levitated out of her 10th story apartment and two cops witnessed it? I always wondered how aliens got their abductees out in the city, hahaha!  ;D

Great show, as always! I remember hearing the case of the woman abducted through her window and it being witnessed by the head of the UN. It always sounded pretty freaky. I just looked it up again, and here is another opinion of it.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/cortile.html

WildCard

Richard Belzer? He really is a smart, interesting guy. But I just want to know exactly which parts of his book the moron wrote.

bateman

Quote from: jimg on March 13, 2015, 10:06:51 PM
That Project MoonDust stuff you got from the Kevin Randle interview was top notch, Bateman. Really well done.

Thank yeeww. It's little nuggets like that that keep me digging.

Quote from: popple on March 13, 2015, 02:35:56 PM

Really good show. You should definitely have her back again. She sounds like she has endless stories to share and I never really thought about NY state being such a hotbed. 3-5% of the worlds sightings a year and in the top 10?

The description of the UFO in the field looking like a bus kind of reminds me of the description from the Hill's. All the windows along the side. It's interesting how the reported crafts change over time. Also, good point about experimental testing being done on the west coast.....  :o

NY is ranked #5 according to NUFORC (Peter Davenport's) reports. CA is above & beyond anywhere else though, Cheryl actually sent me a PDF of total reports state by state, so I'll post that in a bit. And as far as east coast sightings of secret aircraft, I got this interesting email:

QuoteLong distance flying requires fuel, and lots of it.  There are a number of aerial refueling units in the Eastern US (including NY/NJ still, I think) as well as at least a couple aerial refueling tracks (designated areas where aerial refueling is undertaken in specified airspace) over parts of the East and New England.  Especially interesting is the significantly lower performance of aerial refueling tanker aircraft when compared to very high performance aircraft.  KC-135 and KC-10 tankers are militarized versions of civilian airliners (Boeing 707/720 and Douglas DC-10, respectively), so advanced aircraft have to fly low and slow (relative to their alleged capabilities) to receive fuel.  Always struck me one would have a better chance of seeing a "black" aircraft in the process (immediately before, during, and immediately after) of aerial refueling because it will be flying lower and slower than it might be capable of.  Seen from the ground at night, aerial refuelings are kind of spooky anyway due to the array of lights involved in the process.

Quote from: WildCard on March 16, 2015, 08:56:10 PM
Richard Belzer? He really is a smart, interesting guy. But I just want to know exactly which parts of his book the moron wrote.

Heh, I'll add him to the list.

bateman

Quote from: astroguy on March 13, 2015, 10:35:33 PM
I head to LPSC in two days, and John Brandenburg claimed he'll be presenting his work there.  He's slated for Tuesday night's poster session.  I'll let y'all know if that was all just talk or if he actually shows up.

If he doesn't, I would love for Steve to do a follow-up interview (even just a 5-minute quickie ... after all, how long does the guy need?) to take him to task for that.  After all, a major point of his argument that this is For Realz is that he presents at scientific conferences.  As opposed to just submits his abstracts that get accepted and then he does nothing but use that to claim that they're presented to peers.
I'd have him on with you at the same time if I didn't feel like it would turn into a knife fight.  ;D

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 14, 2015, 12:30:34 PM
Great show, as always! I remember hearing the case of the woman abducted through her window and it being witnessed by the head of the UN. It always sounded pretty freaky. I just looked it up again, and here is another opinion of it.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/cortile.html
I'll have to spend some time looking that over. There's been plenty of criticism of Hopkins before, but I feel like a lot of it has come from his ex-wife, and whose ex-wife doesn't have disparaging things to say about the guy...

b_dubb

Art Bell.  I think he'd be the sort of fella you'd like to interview. 

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on March 17, 2015, 08:16:07 PM
Art Bell.  I think he'd be the sort of fella you'd like to interview.

This. So much this.