• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

George Drooly

Quote from: bateman on December 29, 2013, 12:50:06 PM

Recording this today.

If Nooron were doing this interview, it would consist entirely of "Back To The Future" questions; it's also likely he thinks the DeLorean is a real time machine.

area51drone

Quote from: George Drooly on December 31, 2013, 12:16:40 PM
If Nooron were doing this interview, it would consist entirely of "Back To The Future" questions; it's also likely he thinks the DeLorean is a real time machine.

And his question wouldn't be "How many gigavolts does it take to run the flux capacitor and travel 50 years into the past?"   It would be "How did you come up with that?"

Nice, looking forward to hearing the Bill Birnes interview!!

George Drooly

More suggestions for interviews:

Lawrence Wright, who has written excellent books about 9/11, Scientology, and the 1980s Satanic abuse scare.

Related to Scientology, Jack Parsons is an extraordinarily interesting subject: founder of JPL and, sure, why not, practicer of Black Magic with Hubbard and others. Two books written about him:

area51drone

Re-listening to the Hoagland show.. for the third time.

Has anyone ever actually seen a white crow?

Quote from: area51drone on January 04, 2014, 03:08:20 AM
Re-listening to the Hoagland show.. for the third time.

Has anyone ever actually seen a white crow?

But I really hate how Hoagland throws the white crow around to justify all kinds of unverifiable insanity.

area51drone

Sure, i saw that too, but is that truly a crow?  I saw nothing on wikipedia about albino crows.  If its not on wikipedia, it doesn't exist. 

Quote from: area51drone on January 04, 2014, 04:07:18 AM
Sure, i saw that too, but is that truly a crow?  I saw nothing on wikipedia about albino crows.  If its not on wikipedia, it doesn't exist.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rare-albino-crows-spotted-in-east-vancouver-1.720263

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on December 29, 2013, 12:50:06 PM

Recording this today.

Thank you. Great topic. Looking forward to this one.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: area51drone on January 04, 2014, 04:07:18 AM

No! If hasn't been video'd on an Iphone or Android it never happened..

wr250

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2014, 05:52:19 AM
No! If hasn't been video'd on an Iphone or Android it never happened..

so your saying bigfoot is real then. (been videoed on iphone/android)

area51drone

I want a dead white crow to be examined on a dissection table placed right in front of me before I believe it.

bateman

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 31, 2013, 08:39:36 AM
Cocaine, lots and lots of cocaine.

Quote from: George Drooly on December 31, 2013, 12:16:40 PM

Doc Brown would be a pretty badass guest.

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 02, 2014, 05:28:51 AM
Nice, looking forward to hearing the Bill Birnes interview!!

Hour 2 is online now.  ;D 

https://soundcloud.com/dark-weekend/bill-birnes-discusses-dulce

tertiaryimam

Thanks bateman!

[attachimg=1]

Pam J

Dark Weekend = fabulous!!!
Thank you!

Quote from: bateman on January 04, 2014, 11:42:08 PM

Hour 2 is online now.  ;D 

Another great show. Birnes left us with a heck of a cliffhanger-secret financiers funding invisibility suits and other super secret military tech.

Yorkshire pud

Great conclusion with Bill Birnes Steve. I wish you'd followed up the Bill and Barney hill story, with the question; "What did the 'aliens' call Zeta Reticula? Is there any reference to that anywhere?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: wr250 on January 04, 2014, 06:46:59 AM
so your saying bigfoot is real then. (been videoed on iphone/android)

I was paraphrasing what happens in the wider world these days. Just playing with you, sorry.  :-[

No, I don't think Bigfoots, Yetis etc exist. It doesn't mean they don't of course.

Another really good interview, Bateman. Birnes is a good interview, and you managed to rein him in at one point, kudos to you.

Whenever I hear him going nonstop on one good lungful of air, I think of a three way conversation between him, Bruce Goldberg and Hoagland. It would be incredible.

Ms. C

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on January 05, 2014, 07:02:47 AM
Another really good interview, Bateman. Birnes is a good interview, and you managed to rein him in at one point, kudos to you.

Excellent show Bateman .... (I think you reined him back more than once) ... but you did and back on track the show went ...

Thanks for the good show and thanks to Bill Birnes for sharing his knowledge.

Early Sunday morning, it's still dark out, I have an instant coffee in my hand, snow is piled up to the windows....

I think it's time to catch up on the Dark Weekend shows I've missed :)

AZ/CO

Happy New Year, All!

Please help.  I have an older, Samsung/XM/Nexus Mp3 player/recorder that I use to listen to live XM Radio, and/or record XM Radio.  What program would I download or use to record other internet radio shows such as Dark Weekend to this player?  My computer is a MacBook Pro, 3 years old.  I'm assuming this can be done...technology is overwhelming to me lately.  I don't have a smartphone and don't want one.  But I would be willing to invest in another kind of portable player if necessary.

thank you!!

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 05, 2014, 08:26:22 AM
Early Sunday morning, it's still dark out, I have an instant coffee in my hand, snow is piled up to the windows....

I think it's time to catch up on the Dark Weekend shows I've missed :)

Yeah. I just got done blowing snow (no oral sex jokes, please).

I blew that snow for like 30 minutes. I even blew the neighbors snow. I was a snow blowing fiend.

Great Bill Birnes interviews. Number 2# was my favorite (no poop jokes please). Listening to Bill Birnes is a lot like reading the works of St. Dionysius the Areopagite, as there's a lot of ground covered in a very short amount of time. You weren't kidding about the machine-gun analogy. I've re-listened to the first one already and I'll need to re-listen to the second one.

The questions were especially good on number 2# --- a lot of them were the same things I've asked. The whole UFO abduction phenomena is infuriatingly unboxable. I don't think everyone's an out and out liar, so something strange is apparently going on, but I'm willing to bet that it isn't extra-terrestrial.

I've had lucid dreams / hypnogogic states for a while now, and there's been nothing remotely like an alien abduction. Or pirate heads for that matter. But, I've felt things quite vividly, and had the sort of lucid dream where you dream you wake up, and your house is the same and everything feels quasi-normal, but then some shit goes down.

Here's something I've thought about: what if the so-called "screen memory" is actually what they saw, as a sort of lucid dream, and later the UFO analyst talks them into turning it into an abduction scenario. I've done stupid regression games on friends and I was able to lead them all sorts of places. Were they bullshitting me? Well, when my kitten jumped on them in the middle of it they about had a heart attack. The fear was real, so I dunno.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: AZ/CO on January 05, 2014, 10:56:01 AM
Happy New Year, All!

Please help.  I have an older, Samsung/XM/Nexus Mp3 player/recorder that I use to listen to live XM Radio, and/or record XM Radio.  What program would I download or use to record other internet radio shows such as Dark Weekend to this player?  My computer is a MacBook Pro, 3 years old.  I'm assuming this can be done...technology is overwhelming to me lately.  I don't have a smartphone and don't want one.  But I would be willing to invest in another kind of portable player if necessary.

thank you!!

I have no idea on a Mac.

There are some programs you can download to your browser which will automatically allow you to then download any "streaming" audio or video, whether it be from Youtube, Soundcloud or otherwise. If you use any of these, though, make sure you virus scan them and do a search on them making sure they're relatively tame. They'll ask you a bunch of fucked up shit before you download them like "Do you want to make USELESSGODDAMNSEARCHENGINE your default search engine?" Check no or leave it unchecked. Don't take the "recommended" install settings. Read every screen closely.

Anyway, once you've got the Mp3, I hope its as easy as dragging the file and dropping it into your audio/music folder on whatever program you're using.

AZ/CO

Thanks tertiaryimam, I appreciate the advice.  I know, Mac!  My husband "strongly suggested" I switch from PC to Mac so we could be a uniform family.  With a PC, I could practically write code!  At least the Mac offers a mostly virus-free world.

After a few interruptions I'm up to date! :)

I really love the two part interview and the 2 hour length. This is for me the perfect amount of time to get a lot of information out and really pick someone's brain. I'm hoping that if there are more opportunities you will post more two parters.

Just so you know, around 4:30 in the second part there are a number of WABC station IDs that play over Bill. That was a bit jarring. Also I was unable to find part 1 of the interview on the main DW page and had to go to soundcloud directly to get it.

As usual, great job. Still super impressed with the show and can't wait to learn all about the DeLorean! :)

Juan

Can't you record audio in Garage Band, and doesn't that come with all Macs?

bateman

Thanks, guys. I'll respond to everyone's points when I have some more time tonight, promise. Just wrapped up an hour with Dr. Aubrey de Grey on immortality research. Actual, achievable, biological immortality in our lifetime.

http://www.tendencias21.net/Aubrey-de-Grey-Aging-is-emphatically-not-an-inescapable-destiny_a15346.html

BobGrau

Quote from: bateman on January 05, 2014, 02:32:13 PM
Thanks, guys. I'll respond to everyone's points when I have some more time tonight, promise. Just wrapped up an hour with Dr. Aubrey de Grey on immortality research. Actual, achievable, biological immortality in our lifetime.

http://www.tendencias21.net/Aubrey-de-Grey-Aging-is-emphatically-not-an-inescapable-destiny_a15346.html

Man, that's a serious beard.