• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

popple

Quote from: Spinner on November 20, 2013, 10:52:51 PM

Bateman, I think your show should be used to test the ArtBell.com stream.
You are goooooooood. :)

I agree  8)

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on November 20, 2013, 11:40:11 PM
Jazmunda. It's always Jazmunda.

My coq pics are always very tasteful.

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 12:40:09 AM

Yes, they are.

Hey, Jaz. Isn't it overdue for you to call $noory and show him what a classy Aussie caller is like and also knock him off the air forever ?

PLEASE ?

Maybe your cock could steal $noories toupee.

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 20, 2013, 11:13:46 PM
Then who has been sending all these?!?   ???

Bwaaaahahahaha, I blame jaz, too....     :o

(I'm sure they're very tasteful.)   8)

Spinner

Hey, bateman!
I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed your show about the 9 skier who died mysteriously in Siberia. I didn't know about that story. Very, very odd circumstances indeed.
And you did a great job.

Keep 'em coming!

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 12:40:09 AM

That's a quality pic jazmunda.  May make you the cover shot for the new calendar we have coming out from Vandeven Enterprises, now with 33% more firefub.

jazmunda

Quote from: themudking on November 24, 2013, 12:37:44 AM
That's a quality pic jazmunda.  May make you the cover shot for the new calendar we have coming out from Vandeven Enterprises, now with 33% more firefub.

That's not even my best angle. ;)

lonevoice

bateman, your Keith McCloskey interview about the Dyatlov Pass mystery was SO good, I can't wait to listen to it again!     It seemed you used a bit of a different interviewing style with this one as compared to the McGriff interview.  In the McGriff interview you did an excellent job facilitating and guiding McGriff to tell his story.  With the McCloskey interview, it seemed more as though you were almost a co-equal storyteller with McCloskey, and the result was outstanding radio.  I was riveted.  The amount of show prep you  brought to this subject elevated the interview to a level of quality I haven't heard on my radio in a very long time. 

This seems to have an odd affect on many of your listeners.  Now you've got Agent Orange, jazmunda, popple and redacted all dimming their lights, talking about your cute voice and what you're packing, and jazmunda (bless his heart) sending around coq pics!   ;D

Of all the prospective podcast shows being considered for streaming on artbell.com, yours is the one I most want to hear.  I know several of us have lobbied Keith about it.  Have you heard from him, and do you think this is going to happen?

Juan

I want to hear bateman interview Mary Ann from New Jersey.

jazmunda

Quote from: Juan on November 24, 2013, 03:44:58 PM
I want to hear bateman interview Mary Ann from New Jersey.

Seconded x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001.

Did you change your name or did you steal UFO Fill's avatar?

Juan

Changed my name.  I don't want any association with sNoory or cheap channel - even by sarcasm.

jazmunda

Quote from: Juan on November 24, 2013, 04:52:22 PM
Changed my name.  I don't want any association with sNoory or cheap channel - even by sarcasm.

I think Juan is actually George's middle name. George Juan Noory. It rolls off the tongue. :P

So I don't derail the thread, how about that bateman guy? What a great podcast?

Can we get a sneak peak at the subject matter of the next instalment?

bateman

Quote from: lonevoice on November 24, 2013, 02:15:17 PM
bateman, your Keith McCloskey interview about the Dyatlov Pass mystery was SO good, I can't wait to listen to it again!     It seemed you used a bit of a different interviewing style with this one as compared to the McGriff interview.  In the McGriff interview you did an excellent job facilitating and guiding McGriff to tell his story.  With the McCloskey interview, it seemed more as though you were almost a co-equal storyteller with McCloskey, and the result was outstanding radio.  I was riveted.  The amount of show prep you  brought to this subject elevated the interview to a level of quality I haven't heard on my radio in a very long time. 

This seems to have an odd affect on many of your listeners.  Now you've got Agent Orange, jazmunda, popple and redacted all dimming their lights, talking about your cute voice and what you're packing, and jazmunda (bless his heart) sending around coq pics!   ;D

Of all the prospective podcast shows being considered for streaming on artbell.com, yours is the one I most want to hear.  I know several of us have lobbied Keith about it.  Have you heard from him, and do you think this is going to happen?

Wow, thank you. I'm still figuring out exactly how I want to present everything, so yeah, I'm toying with different approaches. I'm continually surprised at the response this has gotten, especially considering how few of these I've done. And yes, there's a significant amount of show prep that goes into every segment. I refuse to be underprepared.

I did email Keith, I haven't heard anything yet.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on November 24, 2013, 05:56:02 PM
I think Juan is actually George's middle name. George Juan Noory. It rolls off the tongue. :P

So I don't derail the thread, how about that bateman guy? What a great podcast?

Can we get a sneak peak at the subject matter of the next instalment?

An hour with Peter Davenport.  8)

Quote from: bateman on November 24, 2013, 06:25:32 PM

Nice, but I think its annoying how when people call in to tell their story he just tells them to report it online and write it up. That does me bupkis.

bateman

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 24, 2013, 06:32:44 PM
Nice, but I think its annoying how when people call in to tell their story he just tells them to report it online and write it up. That does me bupkis.

Yeah, he has a very, um, specific procedure about it.

jazmunda

Nice! Look at you. I'm so proud. It feels like only yesterday you were ......

George Drooly

Oh God, Davenport? Isn't he the guy who used to be interesting and no-BS but who now, every time he's on with Dave, just whines pedantically about people calling and pranking and wasting his time? Seems like a little bitch, frankly. I mean, he asks people to call... about... UFOs... what does he expect, articulate graduate students filing dry reports?

Unless I'm things of someone else, in which case, yeah.

bateman

Quote from: George Drooly on November 24, 2013, 07:23:40 PM
Oh God, Davenport? Isn't he the guy who used to be interesting and no-BS but who now, every time he's on with Dave, just whines pedantically about people calling and pranking and wasting his time? Seems like a little bitch, frankly. I mean, he asks people to call... about... UFOs... what does he expect, articulate graduate students filing dry reports?

Unless I'm things of someone else, in which case, yeah.

For what it's worth, he was pretty interesting with me. No whining about prank calls either, he didn't even mention them.

Quote from: jazmunda on November 24, 2013, 05:56:02 PM
I think Juan is actually George's middle name. George Juan Noory. It rolls off the tongue...

It's actually better than that.  It's Ralph.  George Ralph Noory.

coaster

Its like his folks didn't even try. "fuck it, call him George"

HorrorRetro

Can't wait!  He was one of my favorite guests with Art.

bateman

Quote from: coaster on November 24, 2013, 08:25:25 PM
Its like his folks didn't even try. "fuck it, call him George"

Runs in the family, apparently.

Sounds great. I like Davenport. He's heard a lot of stories in his time and seems to have a good grasp on current UFO activity. When will it be aired?

George Drooly

Quote from: bateman on November 24, 2013, 07:36:02 PM
For what it's worth, he was pretty interesting with me. No whining about prank calls either, he didn't even mention them.

Well, I'm certainly looking forward to it. And as we all know, no one farts up an interview like Gnoory.

urbie88

Quote from: bateman on October 27, 2013, 04:28:53 PM
Thanks, it is. Under wraps til now. :D  I'll have the show posted in a couple of hours.

Nice. Never realized it was your show. On the tower of power no less!

EarthAlien007

Saturday   10pm EST / 7pm PST   Dark Weekend w/Steve Warner
http://artbell.com/

Very cool  ;D

jazmunda

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 26, 2013, 03:41:04 AM

Very cool  ;D

Who is this Steve Warner chap and what has he done with our Bateman?

Cynnie

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 26, 2013, 03:41:04 AM

Very cool  ;D

My goodness , im now hobnobbing wif the stars :)