• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

Unreversable

Quote from: williedee on December 12, 2015, 10:25:47 AM
I'd like to release the MiTD shows in both mp3 and AAC this time. There is a very distinct difference in quality that I'd like to preserve.

I've been using mp3directcut which allows for lossless mp3 and aac editing to cut commercials and stuff.

Before we go any further, I might keep 3 versions of every show:

mp3 - No commercials, no news, only music
aac/m4a - No commercials, no news, only music
aac/m4a - Raw uncut 3 hour show with everything.

Would that work for most of you? I'd estimate total size would be around 25-30gb.

No ads, no news but bumper music left intact would be awesome. Any format would be fine.

Thanks for all your hard work with the torrent. I have gotten many hours of enjoyment from it.

dot hash

The drive which all my archives of radio shows were stored on failed recently after years of collecting, so this torrent is sweet medicine. Thanks for all the effort and time.
I only even found out a few days ago that Art was broadcasting again, I hadn't heard new stuff for years.
Then as soon as I find out, he's off again lol, so this collection softens the blow a little.  :'(

Echo

Quote from: williedee on December 12, 2015, 10:25:47 AM
I'd like to release the MiTD shows in both mp3 and AAC this time. There is a very distinct difference in quality that I'd like to preserve.

I've been using mp3directcut which allows for lossless mp3 and aac editing to cut commercials and stuff.

Before we go any further, I might keep 3 versions of every show:

mp3 - No commercials, no news, only music
aac/m4a - No commercials, no news, only music
aac/m4a - Raw uncut 3 hour show with everything.

Would that work for most of you? I'd estimate total size would be around 25-30gb.

No Commercials
No news
No Music

Intro song for each show wouldn't be that bad, just do away with bumper music. After awhile the songs start to get old. They cut into the time people have to listen to back to back shows.

Please release an update!! That would be awesome with SIT shows not included since released. That would be awesome. I'd be willing to donate or something even.

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 12, 2015, 05:35:20 PM
Please release an update!! That would be awesome with SIT shows not included since released. That would be awesome. I'd be willing to donate or something even.
Yeah, I don't know how torrents "work" (like if they can be updated or new one would need to be posted/hosted?) But now that Art is over, again, the 'ultimate' torrent needs to have the shows. I love the idea of combo scenarios: some with commericals etc some without (because a decade from now, like with the current torrent is now, the commercials, news, etc can be fun to hear.) Even include some of the "new" Somewhere In Times.

williedee deserves lifetime recognition for the original work done, even if not updated.

Quote from: albrecht on December 12, 2015, 06:46:33 PM
Yeah, I don't know how torrents "work" (like if they can be updated or new one would need to be posted/hosted?) But now that Art is over, again, the 'ultimate' torrent needs to have the shows. I love the idea of combo scenarios: some with commericals etc some without (because a decade from now, like with the current torrent is now, the commercials, news, etc can be fun to hear.) Even include some of the "new" Somewhere In Times.

williedee deserves lifetime recognition for the original work done, even if not updated.

Yeah, the torrent was a lifesaver, especially on long walks.  I'd just plug in a show on the old MP3 player and away I go.  As for an updated torrent, I'd love for someone to do it, especially as some of the latest Somewhere in Time's have had shows that weren't on the original release.  As for MITD, I'd wait until a bit longer, maybe until the archive for subscribers is finally taken down (and it will be, eventually).

csummers

I vote for no dark matter news segment. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If there would have been an option to download the show podcast without that vomit on them i would have paid extra for it.
thanks again

Coffeeman

Hey, if/when Art-era MitD shows becomes "open" for distro, and you want to include it, I'd be happy to help with editing. PM me or whatever and we can work out the details.

Part of me says no news, but you gotta leave it in. If you hear it years later it's kind of neat to remember what was going on it the world. I love hearing old news segments from classic shows.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 16, 2015, 08:38:20 AM
Part of me says no news, but you gotta leave it in. If you hear it years later it's kind of neat to remember what was going on it the world. I love hearing old news segments from classic shows.

You really think anyone will ever wax nostalgic over shit tier MUFON reports?

williedee

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 16, 2015, 08:38:20 AM

I totally agree with what you're getting at, but the news segments really weren't that up on current events. My favorite classic shows are the ones with the old news segments and Art's news briefing at the beginning.

Jeremiah

Hi, I've been downloading this torrent for a few days now and am stuck at 70%. If anyone could seed it, that would be great! Thanks.

henge0stone

Is there a new torrent yet? Did anyone find any older shows that arent in the 1300 show archive?

phrodo

Quote from: henge0stone on December 22, 2015, 07:02:51 PM
Is there a new torrent yet? Did anyone find any older shows that arent in the 1300 show archive?

Or the Ultimate Torrent Pt.2? Basically a bump to keep it on the first page.

henge0stone

Quote from: wr250 on January 03, 2016, 08:24:04 PM

I'm approaching the end of the current torrent  :( The only thing left is the dozens of Ed Dames shows I skipped.

can someone post the link for the most updated torrent?

norland2424

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on January 06, 2016, 10:56:53 PM

I think they are updating it, so id wait a bit.

henge0stone

The link to the old torrent is the first page of this topic, the one with 1300 shows, but you mine as well just wait for the new one at this point.

Jackstar

Quote from: henge0stone on January 07, 2016, 06:23:45 AM
The link to the old torrent is the first page of this topic, the one with 1300 shows, but you mine as well just wait for the new one at this point.

Does this one have the complete show from November 14th 1997, or not? Asking for a friend.

henge0stone

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2016, 06:31:14 AM
Does this one have the complete show from November 14th 1997, or not? Asking for a friend.

1997-11-14 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Whitley Strieber - Fiery Lights Over Northwest (partial)
its only 19 minutes long though

Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 is so horrible...except for that scene.

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on January 18, 2016, 04:17:48 AM
Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 is so horrible...except for that scene.

Ha there was a couple other funny scenes as well. Its no Troll 2 though!

bigchucka

Apparently the update to the collection never got around to happening, or I don't know where to find the topic page and its posting...

henge0stone

Someone needs to get a c2c insider sub and record some shows, I think there are a lot of new ones coming out.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/somewhere-in-time-shows

Pizzapunch

Is this the kind of thing I should use a vpn to download in America? I've been out of the torrent scene for years but have heard of people getting piracy notices for certain files. Is this file a risk for such things really, or am I safe to download.

norland2424

Quote from: Pizzapunch on June 04, 2016, 04:12:49 PM
Is this the kind of thing I should use a vpn to download in America? I've been out of the torrent scene for years but have heard of people getting piracy notices for certain files. Is this file a risk for such things really, or am I safe to download.

Its safe

Pizzapunch

What's the best way to insure my safety while downloading. I don't want Snoory showing up at my door or filing a lawsuit if I download

Quote from: Pizzapunch on June 04, 2016, 06:50:52 PM
What's the best way to insure my safety while downloading. I don't want Snoory showing up at my door or filing a lawsuit if I download

Have somebody from a country with a no extradition treaty with the U.S. split the torrent into many, many encrypted RAR files, copy to USB, and delivered to you via migrating geese.