• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

laserjock

Ok, I'm gonna try to seed too, new month (though I'm not sure if the measure based on billing cycle or by month).  If I had the budget, I'd do a seedbox, but I don't.

So I tried the blocklist on utorrent, and one third of the IP's on my peers list disappeared.  I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or if there were some devious organization types watching my activity.  I've never torrented in my life, so maybe I'm just paranoid.

I mean, I'm just a freaking fan, man. It's not like I'm not out there selling this shit.   I just wants me some Art Bell. 
Not in the gay way though.

Thanks again to Willie and the super friends.

wr250

Quote from: Fields_of_Tron on June 03, 2014, 07:28:44 PM
So I tried the blocklist on utorrent, and one third of the IP's on my peers list disappeared.  I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or if there were some devious organization types watching my activity.  I've never torrented in my life, so maybe I'm just paranoid.

I mean, I'm just a freaking fan, man. It's not like I'm not out there selling this shit.   I just wants me some Art Bell. 
Not in the gay way though.

Thanks again to Willie and the super friends.

those are the ips it blocked.that is all.

Perhaps I worded it wrong.  What I meant to say was that I was watching the list of peers downloading and uploading in real time, and after the blocklist was activated, some of them went away. 
This wouldn't concern me normally, but the only IP's on that blocklist consisted of IP's that are known organizations, not host computers like mine or yours. 

Finally downloading torrent. Thanks very one for hard work!

Pretty happy with download speed a big thank you to all the seeders out there!

area51drone

Is anyone grabbing the latest SIT's and posting them somewhere so we can update our collection?  ie there was one a few days ago that Art had on computers in 1994 that sounded like a fun listen.

Spinner

THANK YOU so much, Williedee, january, jazmunda, widespread, and everyone else who contributed to make this awesome collection possible.

I have not been around lately because I had to move, so the March~May period has been kind of crazy busy for me. Unfortunately, when moving, I had to say goodbye to my superfast free internet connection. So now I'll have to limp along at a slower pace. I wish I could download the entire nicely organized torrent all at once, but I'll probably just download the shows I don't already have.

Thank you again! You guys are awesome!

wr250

Quote from: area51drone on June 07, 2014, 12:53:34 AM
Is anyone grabbing the latest SIT's and posting them somewhere so we can update our collection?  ie there was one a few days ago that Art had on computers in 1994 that sounded like a fun listen.

yes, although mine have the commercials in them

albrecht

Quote from: wr250 on June 12, 2014, 08:18:23 AM
yes, although mine have the commercials in them
Who cares? The shows are so good I can we put with commercials. If you, or anyone, ever puts them up the collection on the internet or in a torrent please let us know.

phku

Just finished downloading this last night.  Thank you thank you thank you, to whoever put it together.

Listening to some if shows while flying. Great way to kill time in an unpleaseant flight!

Raskolnikov

Are you guys downloading from the torrent in the original post? There is only one seeder I have a feeling this might take a while..

williedee

Quote from: Raskolnikov on June 14, 2014, 06:20:00 PM
Are you guys downloading from the torrent in the original post? There is only one seeder I have a feeling this might take a while..

Sorry, I was doing some work on my end. You should be downloading faster now.

Raskolnikov

You have nothing to apologize for my friend, I am very thankful for your effort and enthusiasm. I was afraid that since it was a long time ago since the OP that the torrent was dead. Yes, I am leeching much faster now  :D

I am an subscriber to a lot of Art Bell and GN channels on youtube, mainly old stuff. I have noticed that the channels after a while gets cancelled or shut down and it is getting on my nerves every single night right before bed to see another channel gone.

What is the consequence if I would upload a few shows to my channel? Should I only put a disclaimer stating I don't own any part of the show or what? I don't want my account to get banned  :P

WOTR

Quote from: Raskolnikov on June 14, 2014, 06:20:00 PM
Does anybody know how to tell how many seeders there are?  I had utorrent open for awhile yesterday but there was almost nothing being uploaded so I closed it... If I can find out that there is only one (or two seeders) I would have left it open...

Anyhow, it is open now so hopefully it speeds up your download.

onan

Quote from: wotr1 on June 15, 2014, 02:27:37 AM
Does anybody know how to tell how many seeders there are?  I had utorrent open for awhile yesterday but there was almost nothing being uploaded so I closed it... If I can find out that there is only one (or two seeders) I would have left it open...

I can't tell you about the number of seeders.

But on a similar note. When I seed, I get numerous warnings from malware bytes telling me of potential problems... I mean more than 5 warnings a minute... clicking them to close becomes a real pain in the posterior.

someguy

Quote from: onan on June 15, 2014, 08:44:36 AM
I can't tell you about the number of seeders.

But on a similar note. When I seed, I get numerous warnings from malware bytes telling me of potential problems... I mean more than 5 warnings a minute... clicking them to close becomes a real pain in the posterior.

you should use microsoft security essentials

onan

Quote from: someguy on June 15, 2014, 01:07:13 PM
you should use microsoft security essentials

I hear that from several, yet I got tons of malware when I did use essentials.

And even if this is cutting my nose to spite my face, I would rather give Malwarebytes 50 bucks a year than use anymore products of microsoft's.

steelbot

Quote from: wotr1 on June 15, 2014, 02:27:37 AM

Seeding for a few hours - hope ya can get on.  I'm up an down on seeding as the download numbers dwindled.  It's up from my end.

;D

Onan,
I use Malwarebytes, Security Essentials, and sometimes CC clean, but not often.  Usually those two are all i need.

williedee

So I had to do some more work on my server, but it should be good for a long while now (seeding :P)

diowulf

Wow - this is amazing but Ive never torrented before so I'll have to figure it out

Just discovered Art Bell about a year ago

Bought a program and started recording shows from youtube as well as U7 radio and Advent (but they just repeat he same ones)..couple weeks ago the youtube channels started disappearing. So the hunt began and I wound up here. This is so awesome

Williedee and all involved - thanks

wr250 and catsmile - thanks for helping people out

Star man, weeberwubber, onan, phrodo, zeebo, WhiteCrow - I see you at one time were like me and were just figuring this stuff out. Any advice?

Thanks again and Roswells to you all

diowulf

Whoops phrodo you should have been on my thanks for the help list, not the newbies like me list

s1alker

Awesome torrent! Finished downloading it in about half a day and will seed as long as I can. I was pretty young when Art was doing C2C and couldn't really stay up to listen so I have only a vague memory of the shows. I used to occasionally record the show on a VCR tape for later listening. I love how Art could keep an interview going with a guest for the near duration of the show. I still listen to C2C AM, but unfortunately it has succumbed to today's audience who is used to 20 second youtube clips and have a very ADD-like attention span as it is. There was something magical about listening to Art and his spooky subjects late at night with the AM band fading in and out.

williedee

Quote from: s1alker on June 28, 2014, 07:31:50 AM
There was something magical about listening to Art and his spooky subjects late at night with the AM band fading in and out.

You've got that right!

williedee

Quick update:

For those of you who would like to avoid torrenting, there is now an FTP solution available. PM me for details, I'll release it to everyone after some people try it out. Happy 4th everyone.

Sample one of the many Independence day shows provided by the collection:

1995-07-04 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell -  Open Lines - Unabomber, other topics.mp3
1996-07-04 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Open Lines - Truth or Trash.mp3
1997-07-04 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell -  Michael Hesemann - Beyond Roswell. Linda Moulton Howe - UFO Crash Site Debris.mp3
2004-07-04 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Open Lines - The Prophet Show.mp3

:)

Quote from: williedee on July 03, 2014, 07:58:55 PM
Quick update:

For those of you who would like to avoid torrenting, there is now an FTP solution available. PM me for details, I'll release it to everyone after some people try it out. Happy 4th everyone.

Sample one of the many Independence day shows provided by the collection:

1995-07-04 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell -  Open Lines - Unabomber, other topics.mp3
1996-07-04 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Open Lines - Truth or Trash.mp3
1997-07-04 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell -  Michael Hesemann - Beyond Roswell. Linda Moulton Howe - UFO Crash Site Debris.mp3
2004-07-04 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Open Lines - The Prophet Show.mp3

:)

The torrent was awesome thanks again. Really makes working 3rd shift easier.

Renton

Yo!

Two questions:

1. Will the torrent be updated?

2. I stopped seeding after two weeks because had to move the files to a different hdd. How to I seed now that the file locations have moved?

Cheers,

R.

williedee

Quote from: Renton on July 07, 2014, 02:56:06 PM
Yo!

Two questions:

1. Will the torrent be updated?

2. I stopped seeding after two weeks because had to move the files to a different hdd. How to I seed now that the file locations have moved?

Cheers,

R.

1. I don't know, I have no plans to update it right now. If a bunch of new shows somehow emerge, I might consider doing an update to supplement this one.

2. You'd have to google it for your client, I don't know how to change seeding directories off the top of my head.

phrodo

Quote from: williedee on July 07, 2014, 09:49:57 PM
1. I don't know, I have no plans to update it right now. If a bunch of new shows somehow emerge, I might consider doing an update to supplement this one.

2. You'd have to google it for your client, I don't know how to change seeding directories off the top of my head.

1. That would be nice and greatly appreciated by all I'm sure.

2. It should be in the "options" or "tools" of whatever client you're using - same as setting the default directory for downloads.