• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

laserjock

Well, I shared the torrent like crazy, but unfortunately, there's a cap on my ISP so I have to take a break.  Sucks there's so many leechers out there that take but don't give, otherwise the rest of us wouldn't have to share to the point we get charged for overages.

onan

Quote from: laserjock on May 15, 2014, 05:25:40 AM
Well, I shared the torrent like crazy, but unfortunately, there's a cap on my ISP so I have to take a break.  Sucks there's so many leechers out there that take but don't give, otherwise the rest of us wouldn't have to share to the point we get charged for overages.

If you look on TPB, there are 3 pages of Bell shows. There are few if any seeders.

wr250

Quote from: onan on May 15, 2014, 01:44:30 PM
If you look on TPB, there are 3 pages of Bell shows. There are few if any seeders.

thats the way it goes, people want to take and not give back.

weeberwubber

I'm pretty ignorant.  When the stats say "Seeds: 0 ot 20 connected, 14 in swarm" and "Peers: "1 of 6 connected, 2 in swarm" does that mean just two people are pulling from 6 people and 8 more seeds are just sitting idle?   I can't make sense of it.   It seems to feed at only about half my max bandwidth whenever I have it on and take a look at it.

williedee

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 15, 2014, 03:44:19 PM
I'm pretty ignorant.  When the stats say "Seeds: 0 ot 20 connected, 14 in swarm" and "Peers: "1 of 6 connected, 2 in swarm" does that mean just two people are pulling from 6 people and 8 more seeds are just sitting idle?   I can't make sense of it.   It seems to feed at only about half my max bandwidth whenever I have it on and take a look at it.

you should be connecting to both seeds and peers.. I'm not sure why it isn't pulling at your max speed :/

jazmunda

Quote from: williedee on May 18, 2014, 10:44:20 PM
you should be connecting to both seeds and peers.. I'm not sure why it isn't pulling at your max speed :/

I thought you can only pull as fast as the person/people you are pulling from? That is if they have slow uploads then you can't pull down faster than they are uploading even if you have a super fast connection. I could be wrong.

bigchucka

Quote from: jazmunda on May 18, 2014, 11:47:15 PM
I thought you can only pull as fast as the person/people you are pulling from? That is if they have slow uploads then you can't pull down faster than they are uploading even if you have a super fast connection. I could be wrong.

That's the way I always thought it worked as well.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on May 18, 2014, 11:47:15 PM
right, but you can pull from more than one person at the same  time.

jazmunda

Quote from: wr250 on May 19, 2014, 06:08:13 AM
right, but you can pull from more than one person at the same  time.

I understand that but if there combined upload speeds are weak you can only pull what they are dishing up no matter how fast your connection is.

RcCle

Quote from: laserjock on May 15, 2014, 05:25:40 AM

I made my ISP cranky...They cut me off.

I pulled the whole 60GB in about an hour...  Then received an email.  Then received a letter.  Then got a new ISP...

Be aware and set DL speeds to under 1.5 MB/s

wr250

Quote from: RcCle on May 19, 2014, 07:21:55 AM
I made my ISP cranky...They cut me off.

I pulled the whole 60GB in about an hour...  Then received an email.  Then received a letter.  Then got a new ISP...

Be aware and set DL speeds to under 1.5 MB/s

they literally dropped you as a customer?

wr250

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 15, 2014, 03:44:19 PM

i believe its :
seeds: 0 of 20 connected - they have no new parts (chunks) for you ,thus you are not connected to them.
peers 1 of 6 connected ,2 in swarm -you have no new parts for them, so they are disconnected. you have parts for 1 and they are connected.
2 in swarm means you and they are in the swarm.   

TheSheriff

I seeded for a few weeks but my PC ran out of space (had about 500meg left) so had to transfer a lot of the files to an external hard drive.

For some reason it actually slows my PC down having the hard drive connected?!

ziznak

1mbps  :) should take a day it says...

steelbot

Seeding for a couple of hours here folks.

WOTR

I have been off and on for the last few days... For some reason it is uploading the other files that I am sharing at a much higher rate than the Bell torrent.  Anyhow, I assume that it will keep going bit by bit...

Lunger

FYI:  Show 1996-10-24 is mismarked.

Show is Open Lines not Hoagland

williedee

Looks like people are still grabbing the files! :)

wr250

ive pushed 258GB so far

laserjock

Next month when my account cap cycles I'll seed again, but I can't seem to get some people I know to understand, leeching and not seeding is a morality thing in a way.  Nobody likes the risk, but there's safety in numbers, everybody should chip in.  Don't take if you won't give, or things will collapse.

wr250

Quote from: laserjock on May 29, 2014, 10:53:54 AM
Next month when my account cap cycles I'll seed again, but I can't seem to get some people I know to understand, leeching and not seeding is a morality thing in a way.  Nobody likes the risk, but there's safety in numbers, everybody should chip in.  Don't take if you won't give, or things will collapse.

there are blocklists for known govt,RIAA,MPAA,ect ips you can add to your torrent client.

laserjock

PM me!  I do very little torrenting these days, so I don't know about that.  I'm using Azureus...

wr250

Quote from: bigchucka on June 01, 2014, 01:25:50 PM
Unzip .gz file, go to IP filters on Vuse, copy unzipped document, and paste?

i dont use that program,so i dont know for sure. accd to the link you can import it into the program.

El Kragen

I've been meaning to come on here and say a big THANK YOU for putting this together. I had a shit ton of Art Bell stuff but it was a big mess so a while back I snagged this monster torrent to replace my collection. Also thanks to those who were (are) seeding it.

ziznak

got it ... and now seeding. thanks to all who made this possible!!!

ziznak

have it all.... nobody sucking it down tho... but i leave it up for a while when this machine is on just in case.... its my music machine so.... when i record i kill the torrent but otherwise... if anybody needs I BE SEEEEEEEDING

Jtown

Agreed. I just logged on to seed some more. It appears the torrent is DEAD. I too will be seeding.

williedee

Quote from: Jtown on June 03, 2014, 03:13:14 AM
Agreed. I just logged on to seed some more. It appears the torrent is DEAD. I too will be seeding.

Yeah.. I don't really know how to "advertise" it haha. But I'll be seeding it for as long as I can, which should be at least a few more years.