• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

jan78

Quote from: jazmunda on April 24, 2014, 05:09:53 PM
The commercials are the best part! I love hearing about human growth hormone, hard water and technoginals.

:( Art does do a good commercial....   

The Dreamlands do have all their commercials.  Didn't have the heart to lay a finger on them.

Quote from: mikealden on April 24, 2014, 06:05:38 PM
Whoa! Awesome detective work!!!
Thanks! 

Quote from: mikealden on April 24, 2014, 06:05:38 PM
Also thanks for purging some of those commercials. There were a bunch of shows that I never listened to because I didn't want to deal with all the commercials in a 5 hour show! I'm listening to the 1997-1-21 show for the first time ever today!

I concur mike. What I targeted the most were those 5-hour shows with local news/commercials, now 3 and a half hours, or less, without that.   

Before anyone freaks... I was conservative with editing otherwise.

There've been so many philosophies of how to edit.  I say, ...

Remove bumper music?  NEVER.

Remove Hour 1 or Open Lines?  Of course not.  If a show doesn't have those, it was already like that, or it was recorded that way, and no one has ever had different.... that we know of.

Remove transitions? (that is, the chatter by Art and Ross et al. on the half-hour) (Is there radio lingo for that?) No, I always keep that... except for ads :(.  But some show editors did remove all that stuff (or it never got recorded).  If a show is found like that in this archive, it was already like that.

jazmunda

I actually like all the local news from the 90s. There is just something nostalgic about it. Funny thing is is that when I was listening live all those years ago I hated all that stuff. Now I can't get enough of it. Don't get me wrong I listen for Art. I probably wouldn't listen to the stuff on your cutting room floor if Art wasn't the pay off in the end.

Quote from: williedee on October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM
Update - 4/20/2014 - Its finished!

Wow, this is amazing. Thanks so much to everyone involved!!

Lunger

Quote from: jazmunda on April 25, 2014, 01:30:41 AM
I actually like all the local news from the 90s. There is just something nostalgic about it. Funny thing is is that when I was listening live all those years ago I hated all that stuff. Now I can't get enough of it. Don't get me wrong I listen for Art. I probably wouldn't listen to the stuff on your cutting room floor if Art wasn't the pay off in the end.

When I get a chance I listen to the old CBS Radio Mystery Theater shows from the 70's, maybe as early as the late 60's.  A lot of them will have the local and national news contained within them.  Listen to those and realize how absolutely nothing has changed by the names of the players.

bigchucka

About the only editing I ever did was cutting it down so a show could be burned onto 2 CDs.

zeebo

Quote from: january on April 25, 2014, 12:00:07 AM
...Before anyone freaks... I was conservative with editing otherwise....

January thanks for the conscientious care you took with the project.  You and Williedee and all the other noble souls who helped out with this have delivered a great gift to us.

[attachimg=1]

laserjock

A very hearty gracias and buena suerte to all the peeps that put this together, supplied the parts, and who seed.  I will be seeding also.  Where are people seeding, kickass, but where else, I'd like to add to seeding on other sites.  Has anyone put this on usenet yet, I cannot but hoping someone does and puts a CRC or whatever with it so the evil virus trolls can't harm it/us. 

The Art shortwave thing is a cool add in.

A suggestion:  Someone should add a recording in the extras that is a call for help/recordings not yet in the compendium.  Not everyone knows about bellgab and this thread.  I should have thought of that before now, sorry.

To you people that hit and run:  Please don't hit and run on this one, don't be a sleege.

Guys, Demonoid is back, if anyone wants to start a seed there.

wr250

Quote from: laserjock on April 27, 2014, 06:42:55 AM
A very hearty gracias and buena suerte to all the peeps that put this together, supplied the parts, and who seed.  I will be seeding also.  Where are people seeding, kickass, but where else, I'd like to add to seeding on other sites.  Has anyone put this on usenet yet, I cannot but hoping someone does and puts a CRC or whatever with it so the evil virus trolls can't harm it/us. 

i could, but i would have to reduce the bitrates from what they are now to 16kb/sec , so it wont take weeks to upload. just 3-4 days to upload instead. and i wont be able to seed while doing that. this is because my upload speeds  (like most) suck .

laserjock

I can't afford usenet right now, I've got ok speeds but I don't have a usenet account or a copy of agent.  Hope someone here CAN do it.

As far as upping the torrent, I'm trying to figure out how to do it so I can offer it on demonoid.  It seems it has to be one file, so trying to rar it, it's gonna take a few hours to do that.

Jackstar

e. coli always makes sure that its filenames are spelled correctly before branching out into another organisim--that's why it has been so successful--compartmentilization.

Jackstar

Quote from: laserjock on April 27, 2014, 06:56:30 AM
It seems it has to be one file, so trying to rar it, it's gonna take a few hours to do that.

You are getting screwed.

Do you have a daughter? Let me explain it to her.

Jackstar

I can't afford usenet right now, I've got ok speeds but I don't have a usenet account or a copy of agent.
What is this... Ninety-Ninety Three? Your daughter must be phenomenal.

http://youtu.be/oMXzG1cQHcg

williedee

I can't afford usenet right now, I've got ok speeds but I don't have a usenet account or a copy of agent.  Hope someone here CAN do it.

As far as upping the torrent, I'm trying to figure out how to do it so I can offer it on demonoid.  It seems it has to be one file, so trying to rar it, it's gonna take a few hours to do that.

don't do that.

If you have a demonoid account, just copy the description from kickasstorrents, and upload the .torrent you download from there. Or i can send you the original .torrent. No need to rar anything, they only need a .torrent file.

EDIT: it appears that torrents on demonoid need to have a special text file included in them, which would require a completely new torrent with different seeders. I don't know if its worth it.

laserjock

I don't know what you are spouting off about, but get over it, whatever the hell it is.  Don't be an ass, it's uncalled for.

williedee

Quote from: laserjock on April 27, 2014, 09:38:28 AM
I don't know what you are spouting off about, but get over it, whatever the hell it is.  Don't be an ass, it's uncalled for.

I wasn't being an ass, I was saving you the time and trouble of raring 60gb.

bigchucka

Quote from: williedee on April 27, 2014, 09:41:45 AM

If I had to guess, I think that was directed at the guy who posted just before you.....

Quote from: Jackstar on April 27, 2014, 06:58:45 AM
You are getting screwed.

Do you have a daughter? Let me explain it to her.

Quote from: Jackstar on April 27, 2014, 07:05:15 AM

phrodo

Quote from: bigchucka on April 27, 2014, 12:37:09 PM
If I had to guess, I think that was directed at the guy who posted just before you.....

I'd be willing to bet a cup of coffee that you are correct. Especially since laserjock posted it less than two minutes after williedee's helpful post and possibly didn't even see it. Lesson here is that when directing a post toward an unhelpful post (or even a helpful one for that matter) -- conscientious use of the quote function can avoid any undue confusion or consternation.  :D

williedee

Quote from: phrodo on April 27, 2014, 01:05:25 PM
I'd be willing to bet a cup of coffee that you are correct. Especially since laserjock posted it less than two minutes after williedee's helpful post and possibly didn't even see it. Lesson here is that when directing a post toward an unhelpful post (or even a helpful one for that matter) -- conscientious use of the quote function can avoid any undue confusion or consternation.  :D

i don't even read jackstar's posts, explains why i thought he was talking to me lol. No hard feelings

someguy

Quote from: Jackstar on April 27, 2014, 07:05:15 AM

shut the fuck up and get out

onan

Quote from: williedee on April 27, 2014, 01:58:23 PM
i don't even read jackstar's posts,

wisdom... pure wisdom.

jazmunda

i don't even read jackstar's posts

Top right corner nomination.

laserjock

Quote from: williedee on April 27, 2014, 09:41:45 AM

I wasn't trying to address you, willie, it was the other guy.

zeebo

i don't even read jackstar's posts...

Ah welcome to the club.

bigchucka

Quote from: jazmunda on April 27, 2014, 05:38:47 PM
Top right corner nomination.

Things I learned on the Chapter Business Procedure team when I was in VICA......

I second that nomination.  All those in favor?

laserjock

I guess I've been trolled now, oh well.

RcCle

Nostalgia is the operative word!  You actually had to write a letter to a guest for a mimeographed newsletter..  If they were REALLY big, they had an 800 #!

Also, I miss how Art had those sound effects, namely the water bong for those callers who seemed a little farther out there than the others.

bigchucka

Quote from: RcCle on April 28, 2014, 02:39:36 PM
Also, I miss how Art had those sound effects, namely the water bong for those callers who seemed a little farther out there than the others.

That would be some funny shit!  I don't remember it for some reason though...

jazmunda

Quote from: bigchucka on April 28, 2014, 10:34:04 PM
That would be some funny shit!  I don't remember it for some reason though...

Neither do I. That seems more like a morning radio host schtick rather than a seasoned professional like Art. If true I would love to hear a clip.

jan78

I'm glad it was OK with you.  Some news I never heard the first time - so it was quite fascinating to listen while editing (at least as time permitted). Also I love getting Art's take on '90s news. There was a pretty interesting political hour, with Art (non-SIT version only, included for that reason) (2/18/98).  Same issues, different day.

Quote from: zeebo on April 25, 2014, 09:52:48 PM
January thanks for the conscientious care you took with the project.  You and Williedee and all the other noble souls who helped out with this have delivered a great gift to us.
Thank you very much.

Vulhala

Hey guys! I lurk around here a lot but rarely post.

I just wanted to thank everyone involved with getting this torrent out. I can't imagine the amount of time and work that must have gone into tracking everything down, cataloging every episode and then editing and uploading it. I've been waiting for something like this since I first heard Art.

THANK YOU!!  :) :)