• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

onan

Quote from: albrecht on April 08, 2014, 05:05:43 PM
The recent messages are a great example of why people don't appreciate things that are given away for free, sadly. Even if the torrent isn't "totally complete" or is taking a long-time I still appreciate it and will try to seed. Considering that huge corporate entities (though hemorrhaging cash apparently) like PRN (and owner CC) have "great announcements" that 5years of C2C will be available if you pay C2C Streamlink (or whatever they call it now). 5years. Basically only Norry, I'm guessing. I have more than that just recording at home on CCrane Pogo deal and then computer and now burning to DVDs. They, being professionals and building new studios and upgrading should be able to make ALL the C2C (and SIT and DL) available. With good quality. But they won't. So a guy, or group, of non-professionals taking some time to get a comprehensive collection, dealing with mislabeled items, repeat broadcasts, cassette tapes, mp3s, torrents, and CDs.... basically for free?! I will not bitch about!! But thank them and wait.

Not only do I want a free torrent, I want it hand delivered, with cake. And a T-shirt.

tastycanadian

Quote from: onan on April 08, 2014, 06:14:09 PM
Not only do I want a free torrent, I want it hand delivered, with cake. And a T-shirt.

woah woah woah...we get T SHIRTS??!?

jazmunda

onan

Quote from: tastycanadian on April 08, 2014, 06:17:16 PM
woah woah woah...we get T SHIRTS??!?

Yeah... some people are sayin' that.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on April 08, 2014, 06:32:43 PM
Wet T-Shirts at that.
Quote from: onan on April 08, 2014, 06:35:26 PM
Yeah... some people are sayin' that.

wet with what we , im not sure i want to know

cweb

Quote from: albrecht on April 08, 2014, 05:05:43 PM
The recent messages are a great example of why people don't appreciate things that are given away for free, sadly. Even if the torrent isn't "totally complete" or is taking a long-time I still appreciate it and will try to seed... So a guy, or group, of non-professionals taking some time to get a comprehensive collection, dealing with mislabeled items, repeat broadcasts, cassette tapes, mp3s, torrents, and CDs.... basically for free?! I will not bitch about!! But thank them and wait.
I agree wholeheartedly!

Don't complain about a freebie, folks. (Unless it gives you an STD...)

jazmunda

I hope everything is ok here and Premiere have not got wind of this venture and decided to throw around some cease and desists in order to spoil the party.

Aristarchus

Quote from: jazmunda on April 09, 2014, 07:37:30 AM
I hope everything is ok here and Premiere have not got wind of this venture and decided to throw around some cease and desists in order to spoil the party.

That's why it is essential that the torrent gets out and gets seeded. At that stage, it won't really matter.

One does have to wonder what has happened, since this is supposed to be "done" and uploaded?

Queen

Good news/bad news:
Good news = Thanks to brugvu/jan, I have even more corrections / new/better shows to add before the torrent releases.
Bad news = It will be delayed by another week or so, maybe more.. I'm going to be out of town for a while so I wont get too much done.

But what's another week when ya'll have been waiting 6 months lol.

Thanks for the kind words, I have done this project so people can enjoy it. I love hearing that there are people honestly enjoying the shows that I put together.

Aristarchus

Quote from: NIN2 on April 09, 2014, 10:34:43 AM

Good news/bad news:
Good news = Thanks to brugvu/jan, I have even more corrections / new/better shows to add before the torrent releases.
Bad news = It will be delayed by another week or so, maybe more.. I'm going to be out of town for a while so I wont get too much done.

Thanks for the kind words, I have done this project so people can enjoy it. I love hearing that there are people honestly enjoying the shows that I put together.

Hmm. Three days ago there was a post stating that everything was uploaded, and that a magnet link was incoming. Is this not the case, after all?

tastycanadian

Quote from: Aristarchus on April 09, 2014, 11:36:11 AM
Hmm. Three days ago there was a post stating that everything was uploaded, and that a magnet link was incoming. Is this not the case, after all?

If the torrent is already 50gigs might be a good idea to leave it as that. That is a huge file size for everyone to seed.

mikealden

Good news/bad news:

I have no problem waiting. These new shows added are likely extremely rare so these will DEFINITELY be worth it.

SP10

Quote from: mikealden on April 09, 2014, 12:52:54 PM
I have no problem waiting. These new shows added are likely extremely rare so these will DEFINITELY be worth it.
I completely agree. A few more shows are definitely worth the wait and extra space. To everyone who is complaining about the size of it, you must to be new to torrents altogether. I understand there are some clients where you can't, but in most, you can select each show you want to download. If you do use a client where you don't have the option of selecting the individual files then install one for just this torrent alone, uTorrent is fine for it. Why anyone would be upset about the uploader adding MORE SELECTION to choose from, makes absolutely no sense to me. If you don't want them all and only want 1GB worth, then select 1GB worth of shows and "skip" the rest. You don't HAVE to download the whole thing at once as you can download as many or as little as you want, this goes for users with lower bandwidth/speeds as well. There's really no excuse these days to not have even 1TB of free space given how cheap space is now, on NewEgg you can buy 2 TB (2,000 GB) for $80-$100 with free shipping.

tastycanadian

Quote from: SP10 on April 09, 2014, 02:38:14 PM
I completely agree. A few more shows are definitely worth the wait and extra space. To everyone who is complaining about the size of it, you must to be new to torrents altogether. I understand there are some clients where you can't, but in most, you can select each show you want to download. If you do use a client where you don't have the option of selecting the individual files then install one for just this torrent alone, uTorrent is fine for it. Why anyone would be upset about the uploader adding MORE SELECTION to choose from, makes absolutely no sense to me. If you don't want them all and only want 1GB worth, then select 1GB worth of shows and "skip" the rest. You don't HAVE to download the whole thing at once as you can download as many or as little as you want, this goes for users with lower bandwidth/speeds as well. There's really no excuse these days to not have even 1TB of free space given how cheap space is now, on NewEgg you can buy 2 TB (2,000 GB) for $80-$100 with free shipping.

The reason the size matters is its more to download to help seed, if you only download certain files then the whole torrent wont be seeded.

jazmunda

Quote from: mikealden on April 09, 2014, 12:52:54 PM

I too have no problem waiting. This is something that is definitely worth the wait.

SP10

Quote from: tastycanadian on April 09, 2014, 02:41:37 PM
The reason the size matters is its more to download to help seed, if you only download certain files then the whole torrent wont be seeded.
While I do agree with your statement, it's unlikely all downloaders, especially those with poor connections would be seeding anyway. Even in those who download the entire collection, there will be few who will stay and actually seed. I wasn't in any way saying that's the way to go about doing it - by only downloading some and not all. I was really only talking directly to those who either have horrible connections or are seriously THAT limited on space. Have you seen the current state of torrents in general? You're lucky if 1/4 of most users seed after downloading.

SP10

I'd take Selection > Size any day. I will be downloading the entire collection regardless and seeding. Forgot to say thanks for everyone who has contributed to this, your hard work and time is greatly appreciated.

Renton

The bigger the better, guys. Just like cake, cock, and cash.  More than happy to wait.

someguy

Quote from: jazmunda on April 09, 2014, 02:42:18 PM
I too have no problem waiting. This is something that is definitely worth the wait.

I bet you're going to have to wait the longest, with the state of australian internet. poor guy

jazmunda

Quote from: someguy on April 09, 2014, 04:37:41 PM
I bet you're going to have to wait the longest, with the state of australian internet. poor guy

Nothing wrong with my dick size internet speed.

byte9

Quote from: jazmunda on April 09, 2014, 05:02:39 PM
Nothing wrong with my dick size internet speed.

Would you look at the itty bitty spitty upstream. 2  :P

jazmunda

Quote from: byte9 on April 09, 2014, 08:21:14 PM
Would you look at the itty bitty spitty upstream. 2  :P

Who cares about upstream? :P

pandafist56

Quote from: jazmunda on April 09, 2014, 08:23:26 PM
Who cares about upstream? :P

why is your upstream so small?

phrodo

Quote from: pandafist56 on April 09, 2014, 08:38:40 PM
why is your upstream so small?

It's an Aussie upstream so it's upside down from normal.

laserjock

the bigger the upstream, the better the torr share...

Mr Bloom

Quote from: laserjock on April 10, 2014, 03:28:07 AM
the bigger the upstream, the better the torr share...
It burns when I stream

onan

Quote from: Mr Bloom on April 10, 2014, 11:38:09 PM
It burns when I stream
Don't worry about it until the sores appear.

zeebo

...Thanks to brugvu/jan, I have even more corrections / new/better shows to add before the torrent releases....

This sounds awesome.  Thanks to all involved.

[attachimg=1]

Queen

Quote from: Aristarchus on April 09, 2014, 11:36:11 AM

i sent willy a private message and thats what he told me so i figured i'd post that portion cos people were asking about it.