• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on December 17, 2013, 10:01:23 PM
Both.

And hopefully where in all other timelines, Noory drowned during a tour of the Budweiser factory, thus never taking over Coast.

williedee

Quote from: jazmunda on December 17, 2013, 10:01:23 PM
Both.

lol

Everything is going well guys, I finished my finals today, so I'll be able to knock out a good chunk soon :)

Keep posting ideas and comments, I am reading them  ;

Falkie2013

If you think posters on here are mean, here's a comment from someone on a forum for Pokemon X Y questions, in talking about how to use the roller skates in the game.

mjc0961
Posted 10/13/2013 2:30:00 AM
Can you get rid of the roller skates? I was enjoying using the circle pad to move around and now it's ruined by these awful roller skates.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.

Seems like he'd fit right in somehow.

MikeJ

Quote from: williedee on December 17, 2013, 11:15:22 PM
lol

Everything is going well guys, I finished my finals today, so I'll be able to knock out a good chunk soon :)

Keep posting ideas and comments, I am reading them  ;

Congratulations!  I hope you aced them!

Best of luck on exams Willie

ziznak

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 18, 2013, 12:11:35 AM
If you think posters on here are mean, here's a comment from someone on a forum for Pokemon X Y questions, in talking about how to use the roller skates in the game.

mjc0961
Posted 10/13/2013 2:30:00 AM
Can you get rid of the roller skates? I was enjoying using the circle pad to move around and now it's ruined by these awful roller skates.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.

Seems like he'd fit right in somehow.

Falkie do you play pokemon? It's you isn't it?

oh and can't wait for this final torrent.

Renton

Hi guys!

I've been living off classic Art Bell shows here in the UK, and downloaded various torrents in recent years. Which one is the latest one? I see that you guys are ahead of the game and create the torrents so just wondering what your official one was? Happy to help with seeding.

Is the torrent called "The_Definitive_Art_Bell_Collection_(1993-2003)"

Cheers,

Renton

Subatomix

Quote from: Renton on January 08, 2014, 07:09:35 AM
Hi guys!

I've been living off classic Art Bell shows here in the UK, and downloaded various torrents in recent years. Which one is the latest one? I see that you guys are ahead of the game and create the torrents so just wondering what your official one was? Happy to help with seeding.

Cheers,

Renton

Thanks a lot!! Im downloading right now

ziznak

was just looking at
The_Definitive_Art_Bell_Collection_(1993-2003)
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8714518/The_Definitive_Art_Bell_Collection_(1993-2003)

and comparing it with the download that I have here it seems to be a bit smaller.  It's a lot smaller actually by about 10 gigs and I'm showing 733 files where this is showing 603 files. I'm pretty sure I have an older version of this same torrent.  I know you guys did a lot of work on it with file names and removing dupes or replacing some sketchy versions with better ones.

should I redownload it? would I be better off?  I haven't dipped into my Art Bell collection in a while so it's no big to redownload.  If anybody can shed some light I'd greatly appreciate it and just like last time I will seed this thing for a few months as well.

Jackstar

Is one of the additional 130 files you have from November 14, 1997?

zeebo

I'm just gonna wait it out for williedee & co.'s ultimate torrent, which I'm sure will be awesome.  How's it goin' willie?

williedee

Quote from: zeebo on January 12, 2014, 01:39:25 AM
I'm just gonna wait it out for williedee & co.'s ultimate torrent, which I'm sure will be awesome.  How's it goin' willie?

I just finished 2007 tonight.. Which means 2004-2010 is done! Big thanks to January (the member here, not the month lol) for renaming and merging 2004-2006, which was A LOT of shows.

What is left is mostly just cleanup.. Finalizing a naming scheme, a tagging scheme, and whatnot. Also adding a few new shows that have trickled into my email inbox over the past few months.

williedee

Quote from: Renton on January 08, 2014, 07:09:35 AM
Hi guys!

Cheers,

Renton

That was my previous one, I rushed its release and it really wasn't finished. The one I will be releasing soon is going to be a lot more polished, and will include hundreds of new shows.

williedee

Quote from: ziznak on January 09, 2014, 02:42:17 PM
was just looking at
The_Definitive_Art_Bell_Collection_(1993-2003)
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8714518/The_Definitive_Art_Bell_Collection_(1993-2003)

and comparing it with the download that I have here it seems to be a bit smaller.  It's a lot smaller actually by about 10 gigs and I'm showing 733 files where this is showing 603 files. I'm pretty sure I have an older version of this same torrent.  I know you guys did a lot of work on it with file names and removing dupes or replacing some sketchy versions with better ones.

should I redownload it? would I be better off?  I haven't dipped into my Art Bell collection in a while so it's no big to redownload.  If anybody can shed some light I'd greatly appreciate it and just like last time I will seed this thing for a few months as well.

Well, it will have over 1,000 shows, and everything has been renamed and retagged, reviewed, and most dupes and problem shows have been removed. This new release will not be perfect, but it is as good as myself and the people that worked with me have been able to pull off in our spare time. The current size is 47gb, and I will try to reduce it a bit. Remember, you can individually download files from torrents using most popular clients.

wr250

looking  forward to it. it will help fill my collection in.

ziznak

Quote from: williedee on January 15, 2014, 08:38:05 PM
Well, it will have over 1,000 shows, and everything has been renamed and retagged, reviewed, and most dupes and problem shows have been removed. This new release will not be perfect, but it is as good as myself and the people that worked with me have been able to pull off in our spare time. The current size is 47gb, and I will try to reduce it a bit. Remember, you can individually download files from torrents using most popular clients.
oh lawdy!  salivating over here.  thanks to you and everybody that helped I can't wait to update my current library.

zeebo

Sounds very cool, can't wait, thanks for all your efforts!

williedee

Currently doing a trial re-encoding of some of the larger  (100+ mb shows) to 48kbps, seeing if I can get the overall size of the collection down. I don't think the audio quality will be any worse, but it's worth a shot.

I'm combing through the last few shows that I've got to sort, then I'll be ready for the pre-release testing. I'll need a few volunteers that wont mind downloading the entire collection and going through it for quality control. If you're interested (in actually helping, not just getting the files lol) please send me a PM. From the feedback obtained from the trial, I will make adjustments and finalize a release for general consumption. Thanks!

wr250

anyone have a listing of all the c2c shows from 2012 and 2013?

in considering making a torrent(?) with all the non-noory shows. there will be no art either, as williedee has that covered. currently have 2004-2011 done, but need show listings with hosts for 2012-13, due the ones im getting are labeled "coast to coast <date>.mp3".

rangerdavid

1000 shows   ;D

that's enough to listen to one per night until the non-compete is over!!

Renton

That's amazing news! Thanks, Williedee!  :D This is very cool of you. I can help with the seeding when the torrent is up. Good luck with the testing.

williedee

Quote from: rangerdavid on January 17, 2014, 09:37:37 PM

1000 shows   ;D

that's enough to listen to one per night until the non-compete is over!!

128 days of continuous listening ;)

steelbot

williedee

The emails have been sent to the testers containing the pre-release torrent, stay tuned :)

Noble Eagle

Quote from: williedee on January 19, 2014, 11:05:10 PM
The emails have been sent to the testers containing the pre-release torrent, stay tuned :)

Have fun guys..  ;D

We're excited for the final product.

just69_98

Quote from: williedee on January 19, 2014, 11:05:10 PM

Thanks to all involved with this!

williedee

Alright, so I've gotten some good feedback from the testers. I plan on releasing the final torrent within the next couple of weeks.  :)

Quote from: williedee on January 30, 2014, 08:43:40 PM
Alright, so I've gotten some good feedback from the testers. I plan on releasing the final torrent within the next couple of weeks.  :)

Great. I just hope my net book can handle the size. Great job though. Really looking forward to it!

Spinner

Quote from: williedee on January 19, 2014, 05:11:39 PM
128 days of continuous listening ;)
Art Bell 24/7!
Hmmm... that sounds familiar...