• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

TigerLily

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 11:59:19 AM
Where can I get a podcast? FT is Nancy Birnes' show?

http://www.futuretheater.com

Also live and Saturday night 're-run on 

http://aliendreams.ddns.net

Ibby. I also made a little joke about the Mandela Effect and CERN but I did have an experience when CERN was first fired up. Coincidence? I think not

Lilith

Quote from: BobGrau on August 31, 2016, 11:58:04 AM
Heheh yeah, that's the indiscretion I was trying to distract from  ;)

No indiscretion, I was being honest. No need to distract.  I hope people are still allowed their preferences without being called names.

No matter, either way, "sticks and stones" and all that...

Quote from: TigerLily on August 31, 2016, 12:09:15 PM

I did have an experience when CERN was first fired up. Coincidence? I think not

What happened?

Quote from: brig on August 31, 2016, 12:09:18 PM
No indiscretion, I was being honest. No need to distract.  I hope people are still allowed their preferences without being called names.

No matter, either way, "sticks and stones" and all that...

Men's voices are usually deep and soothing. I usually prefer them on radio as well. With tv, it doesn't make as much of a difference for some reason.

TigerLily

I just got caught up on last night's festivities. What a glorious mess. Glad I missed it.  It's a good thing I know I am the "in crowd" or I would be triggered

starrmtn001

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 12:11:51 PM
What happened?
Yes, tell us!  I'll bring popcorn and the dubious  I'll give you a blunt, sister before you begin The Legend Of TigerLily And The CERN Machine. ;) ;D

whoozit

Quote from: chefist on August 31, 2016, 10:48:45 AM
I had a crush on Fran Drescher when I was a kid...
Just in... Chefist admits he's a goat.  :P

starrmtn001

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 12:12:59 PM
Men's voices are usually deep and soothing. I usually prefer them on radio as well. With tv, it doesn't make as much of a difference for some reason.
I'm the same way. I alway kept thinking; what is wrong with me?  Then I figured out it's because up until the last decade, there were not that many female radio hosts.  I just wasn't used to it.  Now, I rather enjoy some of the female voices on the radio.  Of course, there are some, like the thin, slow or whiny voice, I'll never get used to.

Ibby's voice ROCKS!!! ;D

Quote from: whoozit on August 31, 2016, 12:19:59 PM
Just in... Chefist admits he's a goat.  :P
LOL That explains his choice of sex partners. Hey now!

Lilith

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 12:12:59 PM

It's Raining Men! Hallelujah
It's Raining Men! Amen!
Praise MV!

starrmtn001

Okay, my friends, see ya after a while.  Going to my Mandolin lesson. >:(

Quote from: brig on August 31, 2016, 12:22:47 PM
It's Raining Men! Hallelujah
It's Raining Men! Amen!
Praise MV!

This should make Yorkie and SV happy and not just because of the men.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 12:11:51 PM
What happened?

Hard to explain but all that day things looked "different" and I felt a little out of my body. I didn't think too much about it until I turned on my tv and the cable guide was a different format and color. I turned to my friend and said "Look, they re-formatted this and changed the color". He said, "No they didn't. It's the same  as it's always been."  For awhile I felt like I had to make tiny adjustments to things being slightly different than I remembered.  All felt a bit Twilight Zone.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 31, 2016, 12:25:13 PM
Okay, my friends, see ya after a while.  Going to my Mandolin lesson. >:(
Video or it didn't happen.

Quote from: TigerLily on August 31, 2016, 12:27:33 PM
Hard to explain but all that day things looked "different" and I felt a little out of my body. I didn't think too much about it until I turned on my tv and the cable guide was a different format and color. I turned to my friend and said "Look, they re-formatted this and changed the color". He said, "No they didn't. It's the same it as it's always been."  For awhile I felt like I had to make tiny adjustments to things being slightly different then I remembered.  All felt a bit Twilight Zone.
That's a little scary. The whole ME thing is unsettling. Not "remembering" your past correctly is like being on shaky ground.

TigerLily

Quote from: chefist on August 31, 2016, 10:48:45 AM
I had a crush on Fran Drescher when I was a kid...

He's still breathing

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 31, 2016, 12:17:00 PM
Yes, tell us!  I'll bring popcorn and the dubious  I'll give you a blunt, sister before you begin The Legend Of TigerLily And The CERN Machine. ;) ;D

Sorry. Not that exciting. But it was a little eerie

BobGrau

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 12:29:23 PM
That's a little scary. The whole ME thing is unsettling. Not "remembering" your past correctly is like being on shaky ground.

You must have had a better past than me. If the universe is gradually upgrading itself and our memories I just hope it wipes out the last weekend of january 1994.

TigerLily

Quote from: BobGrau on August 31, 2016, 12:34:08 PM
You must have had a better past than me. If the universe is gradually upgrading itself and our memories I just hope it wipes out the last weekend of january 1994.

Who said it's an upgrade?. You don't look back on that weekend with fond memories as the wild and crazy guy you once were?

Or was it more a chefist weekend?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 12:29:23 PM

There was a time when stuff like this would appear in Reader's Digest with a headline like "Things You Thought You Knew".  Now it's a conspiracy.  Society has changed.

For me, the biggest conspiracy you could conjecture is the one to convince us our memories are fallible.  It's worked on me.

BobGrau

Quote from: TigerLily on August 31, 2016, 12:35:45 PM
Who said it's an upgrade?. You don't look back on that weekend with fond memories as the wild and crazy guy you once were?

Or was it more a chefist weekend?

I like to think it would be an upgrade, rather than just a modern-day designer conspiracy meme based on selling fear (which is probably what this all is), but it could instead be an 'update' - like windows 8 was an update but not necessarily an upgrade.

and no, that weekend fucking sucked.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 31, 2016, 12:38:23 PM
There was a time when stuff like this would appear in Reader's Digest with a headline like "Things You Thought You Knew".  Now it's a conspiracy.  Society has changed.

For me, the biggest conspiracy you could conjecture is the one to convince us our memories are fallible.  It's worked on me.

Unless you have an eidetic memory, its common to not remember things as they took place, and even an eidetic memory sees it as a set of still frames. 'Eye witness' statements are never used in court unless there is corroborating (Forensic) evidence to support it (Well, in the UK anyway). You could have a dozen people witness the same event and you'd get thirteen different accounts. Its what the human brain does naturally; it imagines, it tries to make sense of the nonsensical. That isn't lying, its just a natural function.

Lilith

Quote from: BobGrau on August 31, 2016, 12:44:35 PM
I like to think it would be an upgrade, rather than just a modern-day designer conspiracy meme based on selling fear (which is probably what this all is), but it could instead be an 'update' - like windows 8 was an update but not necessarily an upgrade.

and no, that weekend fucking sucked.

I can relate to that.  It's like fixing an old table made of beautiful wood, instead of going out and spending money on a brand new fancy, modern, fiberboard table.

BobGrau

Yeah there's also False Memory Syndrome. Now that's some shaky ground to find oneself on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory_syndrome

Lilith

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 31, 2016, 12:54:02 PM
Unless you have an eidetic memory, its common to not remember things as they took place, and even an eidetic memory sees it as a set of still frames. 'Eye witness' statements are never used in court unless there is corroborating (Forensic) evidence to support it (Well, in the UK anyway). You could have a dozen people witness the same event and you'd get thirteen different accounts. Its what the human brain does naturally; it imagines, it tries to make sense of the nonsensical. That isn't lying, its just a natural function.

Yes. Shock changes "impressions".

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 12:27:28 PM

This should make Yorkie and SV happy and not just because of the men.  ;)

No Yorkshire flag? Tsk....

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 31, 2016, 12:54:02 PM

Watching my dad suffer from some undiagnosed memory impairment has made me super aware every time my own bicycle chain slips.  Now, you could probably convince me I had eggs for breakfast yesterday.  In a few years, that I had a sibling who died when I was a child.  It is a fragile, fraying thread.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 31, 2016, 01:01:42 PM
No Yorkshire flag? Tsk....

Looks more like the Yorkshire "Pride" flag, if you get my drift, Stephanie.