• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

BellBoy

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 20, 2016, 09:42:31 AM
...OK, I apologise, it should have gone something like:

1. Heather, what's your favourite colour?
2. Heather, how do you handle the job of being so talented?
3. Heather, say my name so I can spank it one more time.

The whole thing was a colossal abortion and clusterfuck of epoch-making proportions. And I say that with respect.

Other than that, I loved it.  :)

Yes, it would have been great if they had only asked of Heather, more of the same kind of brain-dead questions that Heather would have asked!

Gruntled

That was my first GabCast ever. Very cool.
I was typing away like a fool. :D

Good for Heather and Bateman to call in.
Scredni's got a lot of valid questions, to be sure, but unless prepped with them in advance I probably wouldn't have thought to ask half of them either.
The hosts all did fine, Mud, Gravity, StarMtn. and ShowroomDummy. Sorry if I left anybody out. No intent meant.
ShowroomD, you do have a great voice for radio, clearly stood out as such.
  Just about the LAST THING I would have thought I'd be doing when subscribing to MITD and here last July or whatever, was that I would be seriously considering calling into a live internet show called GabCast to participate in an on air fracus.
Way fun.
When's the next one? :)

Roswells, Art

Yeah, it's that kind of acuity that made the show such a thrill-fest. I don't want to know what her name is - I asked whether it was her real name. There is a bloody difference!! If you are reluctant to reveal stuff about yourself, then don't put yourself in that job. I don't give a damn what her name is, but I'm curious why someone continues to play that game. It leads to all sorts of questions, and she would be better off coming clean. I doubt it's her real name, and if you had any balls you'd agree with me.

If you weren't so busy tossing her salad, you might have asked why she thought it was right to get a guy fired for trying to help the network get advertisers. She is not a reluctant star, she is ambitious and wants that job, clearly. But, no, all you do is hear a cute voice and go all gooey. You can ask these things without being a dick. She even said that she wanted tough questions. It sounded like something was hard among those hosts, but it's a pity that it didn't extend to the questions she was asked.

Why the fuck do you care? You are hosting the fucking show!! You are there to ask interesting, possibly revealing, questions. Don't faint at the smell of cordite in the air. Be a pain in the arse, make some noise if they don't answer how you want them to. I thought there was a problem with my plumbing, but it turned out that I was groaning every time you missed another opportunity to say something interesting.

OK, I apologise, it should have gone something like:

The whole thing was a colossal abortion and clusterfuck of epoch-making proportions. And I say that with respect.

She has posted "I go by" Heather Wade, not "My name is". Hope that helps.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Gruntled on January 20, 2016, 09:59:13 AM
That was my first GabCast ever. Very cool.
Way fun.
When's the next one? :)

I don't know how often themudking plans on hosting the show. My guess would be about every two weeks.

Make sure you sign up for notifications. The instructions for how to do the are in the "How to use BellGab" thread.

You should consider cohosting. All you need is a good internet connection, skype and some type of headset mic. I have a 10 year old gateway PC with a cheap Logitech USB headset mic and its seems to do fine.

p.s.  If they ask you to do show notes, just copy some random text out of War and Peace. They won't actually read them or use them. If you don't have War and Peace, try 50 Shade of Gray.

Hog

Observations of some common phrases I've heard that are incorrect:

1) I called up Bateman just to "rattle the cage."
It's rattling someones cage.  Not rattling the cage.

The idiom "rattling his/her cage" is derived from the act of shaking a cage with an animal inside of it. This action angers/startles the occupant of the cage.  Its meaning is "to make someone angry on purpose, often in order to make them seem silly."

"Rattling THE cage" implies that someone is disturbing someone else as well as themselves.  The more appropriate idiom in that case would be "rock the boat".

eg "I called up Bateman on Monday night just to rattle his cage, so sue me."

2) Call the show and we'll get you "on the line" as quick as we can.

When you call in to a radio show, you are already "on the line", then when the host picks up your call and you begin to converse, you are then "on the air".

eg "Hello this is Dr. Ruth, you are on the air."

3)   Hi everybody, "what's the good word on the street"?

This is incorrect as it combines two common phrases to form one incorrect one. It's either "What's the good word?" or "What's the word on the street?"

eg.  "Hey man, what's the good word?"  or "Hey, what's the word on the street?"

A good radio host should be well versed in common phrases and idioms. Improper use really detracts from my listening experience.

peace
Hog

GravitySucks

Yeah, it's that kind of acuity that made the show such a thrill-fest. I don't want to know what her name is - I asked whether it was her real name. There is a bloody difference!! If you are reluctant to reveal stuff about yourself, then don't put yourself in that job. I don't give a damn what her name is, but I'm curious why someone continues to play that game. It leads to all sorts of questions, and she would be better off coming clean. I doubt it's her real name, and if you had any balls you'd agree with me.

If you weren't so busy tossing her salad, you might have asked why she thought it was right to get a guy fired for trying to help the network get advertisers. She is not a reluctant star, she is ambitious and wants that job, clearly. But, no, all you do is hear a cute voice and go all gooey. You can ask these things without being a dick. She even said that she wanted tough questions. It sounded like something was hard among those hosts, but it's a pity that it didn't extend to the questions she was asked.

Why the fuck do you care? You are hosting the fucking show!! You are there to ask interesting, possibly revealing, questions. Don't faint at the smell of cordite in the air. Be a pain in the arse, make some noise if they don't answer how you want them to. I thought there was a problem with my plumbing, but it turned out that I was groaning every time you missed another opportunity to say something interesting.

I'm still royally pissed off that (Redacted) and Bateman even called in. Self-promoting, arrogant twats they are. The show is GabCast. Not MITDCast or DCCast dammit. They can call each other out on their own shows.

We had important stuff to discuss. Falkie had just been to a Woo Woo Con. The number of Trump posts on the forum heavily out weigh the number of posts for all other candidates. There was bacon in the Bella-Haven thread. People were mourning the passing of David Bowie. On January 17, 1916 something happened. I don't remember what, but I saw a post on it. LittleChris is back. EddieCoyle isn't. Everybody knows Clinton is a crook, but there is heated debate about whether or not she will be indicted. Chine has new artwork. Haiku production has slowed way down.

THESE were the issues we should have been discussing. Things that are the heart and soul of BellGab.

The interviews were a travesty. Not because of the questions that were asked or were not asked, but by the mere fact that they happened at all.

I ask you again... What difference does it make???

sampson2625

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 20, 2016, 07:29:42 AM
1. Is Heather Wade your real name?
2. If you are so reluctant to be on the air, why did you pull a hissy fit and get a man fired who was trying to find a replacement to take the heat off you?
3. Isn't it more likely that, instead of saying 'we don't want a woman on the air', they actually said 'we don't want that woman on the air'?
4. Did Art ever explain why your co-hosting gig a few months ago ended after one badly-received appearance? If he thought you were an embryonic talent, why didn't he find you a low-profile spot on DMDN to cut your teeth and learn from your mistakes?
5. Did Art explain why you got the producer's job based on zero experience or demonstrable aptitude for the position?
6. If you failed as a co-host, why have you been considered suitable (by the man who canned you previously) to be the sole host of the show?
7. Why are you so reluctant to reveal anything about yourself? The first thing people tend to think when people do that is that they have been in jail.
8. Why are you so confident that there is a stalker? Do you have first-hand knowledge, or is it all based on Art's testimony? If it was, then why did you think you had the authority to file a police report without his knowledge?
9. Are you living in Pahrump?
10. Did you come on the show of your own volition, or did Art tell you to?

That's for fucking starters! I listened to the whole bloody show waiting for someone to ask an interesting question, but everyone seemed more interested in trying to play kissyface. You could have started by asking both of them whether they stood by their statements on the forum: Does Bateman think Heather is a shambling, hysterical no-hoper, who has no place being on the air? Does Heather think Bateman is a gutless pussy who soils himself at the thought of live radio?

Another problem was they had had time to cool down a bit, but you could have easily stirred things up a bit with those questions. It's pretty obvious that Heather really wants to be on the air, and flipped out when she heard she was being replaced, and that call to Bateman was an hysterical attempt to fuck with his head. Getting someone fired for doing their job is a shitty thing to do, but you let that slide as if it was nothing of importance.

From the comments yesterday it sounded like Heather was really rattled, but when I listened you let her have an easy time of it. She said she wanted to be asked the difficult questions, and you avoided every single one of them. Rather than this being a sexist thing, the only reason I can see that she is being given a pass is because she's a woman and people think she's cute. If it were a man in that gig giving a similar performance the cat-calls and insults would have been deafening. Other women, in particular, are very reluctant to criticise Heather for fear of seeming jealous.

I am sure we call second-guess things, but there were so many missed opportunities on that show that I was close to tearing my bloody hair out. Other than that, you all did an excellent job. Well done!  :)

Love this post. That gabcast was great! Bell and redacted deserve the punishment. Im glad people are calling them out - kudos to Bateman. #FREEMV

ItsOver

Quote from: Hog on January 20, 2016, 10:36:14 AM

...A good radio host should be well versed in common phrases and idioms. Improper use really detracts from my listening experience.

peace
Hog

"That's true."

Diabhal

Both sides were children imo but Art is still fully to blame for doing another runner.

BobGrau

You're just being a cunt for the sake of it.

Auslandia

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 20, 2016, 10:37:35 AM
I'm still royally pissed off that (Redacted) and Bateman even called in. Self-promoting, arrogant twats they are. The show is GabCast. Not MITDCast or DCCast dammit. They can call each other out on their own shows.

We had important stuff to discuss. Falkie had just been to a Woo Woo Con. The number of Trump posts on the forum heavily out weigh the number of posts for all other candidates. There was bacon in the Bella-Haven thread. People were mourning the passing of David Bowie. On January 17, 1916 something happened. I don't remember what, but I saw a post on it. LittleChris is back. EddieCoyle isn't. Everybody knows Clinton is a crook, but there is heated debate about whether or not she will be indicted. Chine has new artwork. Haiku production has slowed way down.

THESE were the issues we should have been discussing. Things that are the heart and soul of BellGab.

The interviews were a travesty. Not because of the questions that were asked or were not asked, but by the mere fact that they happened at all.

I ask you again... What difference does it make???

I hope that guy's dogs are behaving though.

ItsOver

Quote from: ziznak on January 20, 2016, 12:22:49 PM
what about this guy's dog?
Heh.  You mean the supposed dog he palmed-off on his neighbor in St. Louie?  I'm sure he misses the daily heaping helpings of tooomeric.

ziznak

Quote from: ItsOver on January 20, 2016, 12:27:36 PM
Heh.  You mean the supposed dog he palmed-off on his neighbor in St. Louie?  I'm sure he misses the daily heaping helpings of tooomeric.
seriously IF jorchy even fed his own dog he wouldn't be giving it tumeric... the thing would be half starved sleeping by the trash waiting for the next turkey sammich end or flaming pizza roll to land!  :)

heater

Quote from: ItsOver on January 20, 2016, 11:18:07 AM
"That's true."

I am a sophomore at Noorie University.  I got a scholarship based on my podcasting record.

Good Questions !   do you have any hair left !
I'm glad you feel   "you all did an excellent job. Well done! "

i wish you could have called in or posted some of these in the forum
i believe heather has answered some of these questions on the radio already

some of your questions have a leading attack stance
which not sure if  Gabcast is     GABCAST WE EXPOSE THE TRUTH AT ANY COST
also  prying into heather personnel questions for me  would have felt like    i was looking to stalk / or date her  or something   lol
the question  you seemed to have missed   "heather are you and art sleeping together "  blah blah blah
we had no idea both would be on
on a positive they both seem to have worked it out

you said    "Another problem was they had had time to cool down a bit, but you could have easily stirred things up a bit with those questions "
again not sure but i don't think anyone was looking to do  a      "stir it up howard stern show " 

But i think it did have a feel of    a fun filled playful playground fight  among friends  where no one got hurt  i hope ----------except maybe your hair    lol
thanks dude i appreciate the input   -points well taken

pyewacket

I think Shredni's posts reflect how many of us feel. I do see why the hosts may have been reluctant to intervene in the confrontation between Heather and Bateman, but I do think it was an opportunity to gain some perspective on this ongoing drama.

Yes Gravity, I understand that you expected to discuss specific topics from Bellgab's threads but this MITD conflict has been affecting the forum way before the recent dust up with Bateman. The series of events from last year's build up and Art's departure has been the main source of conflict on the forum. If you'd like to dedicate a show to other threads than maybe set up designated times - 15 minutes per segment and people can tune in or out for the topics that interest them.

The pattern appears to be posts from other forums and FB reported here causing conflict and debate. The main focus becomes directed on MITD and the people involved. Maybe that's the motive and we keep taking the bait.

The only way to break the cycle is to let in the sunshine, so to speak, and give Bellgabbers the opportunity to ask questions and be done with it. I suspect we'll be blamed for everything going to hell anyway.   

I don't tune in for a FB "praise me or be banned" mentality.  I'd rather walk away bruised from a good debate than be drowned out in an echo chamber.

Tarbaby

Quote from: themudking on January 17, 2016, 03:47:03 PM
Yeah we are doing a new episode soon.  I've got a new podcasting computer and figure I could let some bellgabbers do a gabcast as I run it through a test show.

Thanks GS for throwing that out there. I would really like to give my co-hosts the chance to guide the episode and I'll keep things connected and moving along.  So if you've ever wanted to be the lead on a show this is your chance.
I hope that commodore Vic 20 I sold you works out for you! (This might be a joke that only WR250 gets)

PathoJen

Quote from: sampson2625 on January 20, 2016, 10:48:02 AM
Love this post. That gabcast was great! Bell and redacted deserve the punishment. Im glad people are calling them out - kudos to Bateman. #FREEMV
I missed the gabcast and frankly don't want to hear everyone playing "kissyface" with Hearher. So, are there threads and comments available so I can play catch up here? What's this about Bateman and what's this about replacing Heather. Also, who did heather get fired for doing their job? Thank you in advance for bringing me up to speed

starrmtn001

Quote from: jazmunda on January 20, 2016, 12:46:40 AM
I haven't quit anything. Well I have quit a diet or two but all the bad foods just taste sooooo good. What have I missed?
Oh, just the SOS Jaz.  BellGab is in kind of a lull lately.  But, we've missed you.  Now that you're back, things should pick up. ;D

starrmtn001

That's for fucking starters! I listened to the whole bloody show waiting for someone to ask an interesting question, but everyone seemed more interested in trying to play kissyface. You could have started by asking both of them whether they stood by their statements on the forum:
Um, yeah.  That would be me.  But it's YOUR FAULT!!!  If you had volunteered, I would have stepped back.  You'd be asking the poignant questions and I wouldn't be feeling so humiliated. YOUR FAULT!  So there! :P

littlechris

Quote from: starrmtn001 on January 20, 2016, 02:08:13 PM
Um, yeah.  That would be me.  But it's YOUR FAULT!!!  If you had volunteered, I would have stepped back.  You'd be asking the poignant questions and I wouldn't be feeling so humiliated. YOUR FAULT!  So there! :P

(BIG HUGS)

coaster

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 20, 2016, 12:40:04 PM
Good Questions !   do you have any hair left !
I'm glad you feel   "you all did an excellent job. Well done! "

i wish you could have called in or posted some of these in the forum
i believe heather has answered some of these questions on the radio already

some of your questions have a leading attack stance
which not sure if  Gabcast is     GABCAST WE EXPOSE THE TRUTH AT ANY COST
also  prying into heather personnel questions for me  would have felt like    i was looking to stalk / or date her  or something   lol
the question  you seemed to have missed   "heather are you and art sleeping together "  blah blah blah
we had no idea both would be on
on a positive they both seem to have worked it out

you said    "Another problem was they had had time to cool down a bit, but you could have easily stirred things up a bit with those questions "
again not sure but i don't think anyone was looking to do  a      "stir it up howard stern show " 

But i think it did have a feel of    a fun filled playful playground fight  among friends  where no one got hurt  i hope ----------except maybe your hair    lol
thanks dude i appreciate the input   -points well taken
Wow, you type weird. Reminiscent of Falkie. 

effluenza

I wonder how the on air Mr Nice Guy persona of Sredni would have handled Heather as opposed to his cunty online persona. Good thing he has 20/20 hindsight going for him of how he would have been such a pitbull with giant balls.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PathoJen on January 20, 2016, 01:32:24 PM
I missed the gabcast and frankly don't want to hear everyone playing "kissyface" with Hearher. So, are there threads and comments available so I can play catch up here? What's this about Bateman and what's this about replacing Heather. Also, who did heather get fired for doing their job? Thank you in advance for bringing me up to speed
tl;dr

henge0stone

The sadness in Heather's voice when she said she calls art every day asking him to come back  :(

Value Of Pi

Quote from: BobGrau on January 20, 2016, 11:44:49 AM
You're just being a cunt for the sake of it.

No, I think you're overreacting. Sredni is in-your-face and abrasive here, but not the "C" word. As Pyewacket pointed out, there is one paramount issue roiling the forum these days -- Heather, Art and the future of MITD, if it even has one -- and that issue should have been the focus of the Gabcast in the minds of the hosts.

Heather calling in and offering to deal with the tough questions was a great opportunity to tackle this issue, and her spat with Bateman was directly relevant to it. Anyone who wanted to just do a nice, happy show should have waited for another opportunity to host.

As it turned out, we could have learned more, but thanks to Bateman (who got the ball rolling) we learned plenty about Heather and the state of things. The hosts, by action or inaction, managed to keep her on the air long enough to show her truer colors, even if that wasn't their intent.

It was a podcast with a group of non-professional hosts questioning another non-professional host that they think of as a friend or buxom buddy. We're lucky it turned out as well as it did.