• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Hog

Quote from: Richard Groyper on September 26, 2019, 10:40:29 AM
i believe all future GabCasts should be 5 hours in length and girth.
"HMMMMM-HMMMMM    OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!  HAaaaaaHAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh!
(in creepy George Takaei voive LOL)

peace
Hog

pate

Quote from: LucaParcelli on September 29, 2019, 09:55:06 PM
Hi Brig!

I just downloaded the Paranormal Radio app on my phone just to join all of you.

Hi -p!

-l

Is that something we are going to do that podcast with?

I didn't miss your PM with the details did I?

-p

MV/Liberace!

I'd love to do a GabCast Saturday night if anyone would like to host with me. All you need is Skype (phone or PC).

pate

Outstanding Lee!

Hope some people step up to the plate.

-p

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pate on October 10, 2019, 07:08:17 PM
Outstanding Lee!

Hope some people step up to the plate.

-p

If you choose not to host, feel free to call in.

I'm lobbying the Gunner over in the Dietrich thread.  The last show would not have been right for him to share his saga with all the Heather noise as a distraction.
This is the bus for him to catch!

pate

Good lordy-Lee!  I thought it was universally agreed that I was terrible as a co-host but I am happy to help take the GabCast to new lows if you like.

Tell you what;  if you don't get your normal desired complement of 3 co-hosts I'd be happy to hang around and befoul the pod-waves again.

You be the carrot and I will be the stick;  the threat of another GabCast with me as a co-host should get you tons of volunteers.

You are brilliant in your machinations and schemings, sir.  Thank you for your service!

-p

ediot:  I think perhaps Irish Coffee will be my beverage of choice whether I co-host or not.   I am marking my calendar now.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pate on October 10, 2019, 07:42:27 PM
Good lordy-Lee!  I thought it was universally agreed that I was terrible as a co-host...

Fuck em.

Tell you what;  if you don't get your normal desired complement of 3 co-hosts I'd be happy to hang around and befoul the pod-waves again.

I think one or two co-hosts at most would be optimal.

You have a seat if you like.

I'm gonna be finishing off that bottle of Cuervo that I was tugging on during the last show.

Taaroa

Quote from: Liberace! on October 10, 2019, 06:55:35 PM
I'd love to do a GabCast Saturday night if anyone would like to host with me. All you need is Skype (phone or PC).

Are skype to skype calls free even when using a number like you do for the Gabcast? Asking for a cheapskate friend.

Lilith

Good lordy-Lee!  I thought it was universally agreed that I was terrible as a co-host but I am happy to help take the GabCast to new lows if you like.

You be the carrot and I will be the stick;  the threat of another GabCast with me as a co-host should get you tons of volunteers.

You are brilliant in your machinations and schemings, sir.  Thank you for your service!

-p

ediot:  I think perhaps Irish Coffee will be my beverage of choice whether I co-host or not.   I am marking my calendar now.

I thought you were AMAZEEN!!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Taaroa on October 10, 2019, 08:44:18 PM
Are skype to skype calls free even when using a number like you do for the Gabcast? Asking for a cheapskate friend.

I have to pay for the incoming phone number, but it costs you nothing to call that number. It also costs nothing for the regular Skype call you'd use to co-host.

Taaroa

Quote from: Liberace! on October 10, 2019, 09:03:37 PM
I have to pay for the incoming phone number, but it costs you nothing to call that number. It also costs nothing for the regular Skype call you'd use to co-host.

Thanks for the info. Don't think I'm a suitable candidate for co-hosting the Gabcast because I don't follow the drama-centric topics and timezones are a problem, but maybe one day I'll call in... maybe.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Taaroa on October 10, 2019, 09:09:05 PM
Thanks for the info. Don't think I'm a suitable candidate for co-hosting the Gabcast because I don't follow the drama-centric topics and timezones are a problem, but maybe one day I'll call in... maybe.

It seems like it's always the people who think they'd be the least suitable who wind up being great. I'm sure you'd do fine.

Gunner65

Would someone volunteering to participate also need to have SKYPE? All I have right now is landline phone.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on October 10, 2019, 08:58:47 PM
I thought you were AMAZEEN!!!
Yes, indeed. The Pate and Lee GC was a classic. Hic.

ItsOver

-p

Pate, don't forget to save a booze run for DURING the show.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 11, 2019, 03:16:05 PM
Would someone volunteering to participate also need to have SKYPE? All I have right now is landline phone.

Do you not have a computer? I think it would be a bit awkward if you were on the phone. Then again, I didn't think it was possible to do a show where everyone was shitfaced so it's possible that the normal rules no longer apply.

Corona Kitty

I think you should be the focus.

Gunner65

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 11, 2019, 03:47:14 PM
Do you not have a computer? I think it would be a bit awkward if you were on the phone. Then again, I didn't think it was possible to do a show where everyone was shitfaced so it's possible that the normal rules no longer apply.
Of course I have a computer.  What I don't have is SKYPE or a proper head-set.  I'm not even sure I have the required operating system or reliable connection to do it.  And If I did, I just might also be "shit-faced" Hehe  ;)

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 11, 2019, 03:54:58 PM
I think my voice sucks!

Doesn't matter, I think most would enjoy hearing what you have to say.

Gunner65

Quote from: username on October 11, 2019, 04:08:48 PM
Doesn't matter, I think most would enjoy hearing what you have to say.
I have been interviewed on-air regarding Dietrich only once before. A small show called the "Patriot Outlaws" a couple of years ago. I still listen and chat with them every Saturday night from around 7-9 pm EST.

It was before the time that Dietrich used one of his people to access my records at the VA.  This resulted in an investigation by the VA Inspector General.  So the interview was likely prior to July 2017.  So much has occurred with Dietrich it is difficult to remember precisely.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 11, 2019, 03:58:36 PM
Of course I have a computer.  What I don't have is SKYPE or a proper head-set.  I'm not even sure I have the required operating system or reliable connection to do it.  And If I did, I just might also be "shit-faced" Hehe  ;)

If you don't want to do it that's fine, but a lot of us think you would be interesting. Skype is a free download and as long as it sounds OK it doesn't matter if you don't have a proper headset. Frankly, pate was all too audible on the last one, and you can't be any worse than that inebriated old cockchafer.

ItsOver

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 11, 2019, 03:47:14 PM
The GabCast.  Always reaching for the stars.

Gunner65

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 11, 2019, 04:17:50 PM
If you don't want to do it that's fine, but a lot of us think you would be interesting. Skype is a free download and as long as it sounds OK it doesn't matter if you don't have a proper headset. Frankly, pate was all too audible on the last one, and you can't be any worse than that inebriated old cockchafer.
I am seriously considering it, but it appears I would require the latest SKYPE version and a proper headset.  (I have used SKYPE before in about 2004-2007). As for the quality of my voice, well, not much I can do about that.  It is what it is.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 11, 2019, 04:24:33 PM
I am seriously considering it, but it appears I would require the latest SKYPE version and a proper headset.  (I have used SKYPE before in about 2004-2007). lol

It would take a minute or two to get Skype going and there's a way you can test the audio on Skype. Jesus Christ, man! Falkie can use Skype and this is a man who tapes his glasses to his head.

Gunner65

So I guess I will download SKYPE tonight and then go shopping for a proper head-set tomorrow. Pending the approval of MV for such an adventure on the Gabcast.

I could also arrange a "test call" with the "Patriot Outlaws" show and to a system/audio check with them.

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 11, 2019, 04:24:33 PM
I am seriously considering it, but it appears I would require the latest SKYPE version and a proper headset.  (I have used SKYPE before in about 2004-2007). As for the quality of my voice, well, not much I can do about that.  It is what it is.

Hope it works out.  It would make for a great Gabcast!

MV/Liberace!

Skype, yes. Doesn't have to be a full blown computer. You can use Skype on any mobile device.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 11, 2019, 04:44:47 PM
So I guess I will download SKYPE tonight and then go shopping for a proper head-set tomorrow. Pending the approval of MV for such an adventure on the Gabcast.

I could also arrange a "test call" with the "Patriot Outlaws" show and to a system/audio check with them.

Approval granted!