• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

nbirnes

This is great radio! I am so bummed that I missed it last night, but it's great to be able to download. It's great to hear Falkie in person, and I have some helpful info for him re: copyright and trademarks.

His trolls really aren't going to spend upwards of $400 for each trademark. Plus, they would have to prove who they are and why they are using that particular name or logo, etc.

And he may be criticized for his raw edges, but I have to say that as a stranger to this forum, he was the one I totally remembered.

And that criss-crossing voice thing that Skype and cel phones gives us? That's why I sound like I'm interrupting. I swear I hear a pause and thinks it's a real pause. Anyway, great show.

area51drone

Best GabCast ever.   

Where can I buy Falkie Enterprises stock?

#teamfalkie

b_dubb

Damn that is some entertaining cast.  Can we get an Emmy for this shit?

Also ... feel better Onan. You were missed Dude!

aldousburbank

Quote from: MV on January 07, 2014, 10:30:45 AM
the latest episode of the gabcast is now posted at ufoship.com.
Nice, short GabLag MV. (= the temporal span between the conclusion of the GabCast and its posting for replay.)

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 07, 2014, 05:21:10 PM
Nice, short GabLag MV. (= the temporal span between the conclusion of the GabCast and its posting for replay.)

So that means a GabGag is when one of the hosts, let's say eddie, takes his penis .... oh nevermind.

ziznak

Great show guys.  LET JAZ SPEAK!!! he got cut off so much more than the rest of you guys.  Eddie I gotta say man your doing yer best to keep the circus inside the tent.  Good luck with that :)

bateman

Quote from: ziznak on January 07, 2014, 06:21:09 PM
Great show guys.  LET JAZ SPEAK!!! he got cut off so much more than the rest of you guys.  Eddie I gotta say man your doing yer best to keep the circus inside the tent.  Good luck with that :)

In fairness, Jaz just wants to talk about penises.

ziznak

Quote from: bateman on January 07, 2014, 06:27:04 PM
In fairness, Jaz just wants to talk about penises.
Lately I'd prefer penises to the fort ro... ahem... i mean "Falkie-gate."

jazmunda

I agree.

#FreeJazmunda.

I thought that the show excelled from a technical perspective.  I don't want my next comments to detract from that.

I listened to the show later, not live, and it saddened me.

First, Falkie is obviously psychotic.  His claim that he could discover the identity of his detractors by rushing down to Apple and talking to Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak and that they would help him to find out their IRL identities so that he could sue them was terribly sad in its pathetic self-delusion.   The man is obviously disconnected from reality, and to string him on, as the hosts did with their sniggering and leading questions to him, was indecent.

Second, after Falkie got off the phone, the hosts and guests chortled about how the parodies of Bart Ell were so amazingly accurate that one could not tell the difference between Bart Ell and Falkie.  In fact, at least one of them thought it was Falkie with a second account.  Need I remind you that Falkie thought Bart Ell's parodies were so wrong and so pejorative and unfair that he quit the site for 30 minutes.   He does not see ANY of himself in Bart Ell, but he does believe that he is part of a "family" here on bellgab.  He is probably crying this very moment in light of the knowledge that the people he believed are "family" are holding up this cruel mirror.

On the other hand, he's such an attention queen that he vocally ran roughshod over everyone else that was trying to speak, so fuck him.

Falkie2013

I have to say one thing about this. I KNOW that one can find out from where someone is posting and from what computer they are doing it on.

Don't you think that the NSA and other Federal agencies can do that ? The FBI alone has a whole division that does nothing but search out internet scams that come from Africa, India and elsewhere.

Cyber attackers can download everything off corporate and private computers in seconds and are doing it.

And if they can, others can too.

Back in the day, I knew a lot of hacker types. I didn't always sit around and type on anonymous boards.

As for my running roughshod over people when they were talking, I was out on the street and couldn't hear at times what they were saying. Its hard to understand who's saying what and when they're done or not under those conditions.

I am NOT an attention queen nor any other kind of queen either, so go fuck off pig snuggler.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 07, 2014, 09:27:27 PM
I am NOT an attention queen nor any other kind of queen either, so go fuck off pig snuggler.
8)

aldousburbank

I think many would be surprised by what little hassle the ab has being the dude, with no funky paranoia-ness or deciet. Flew next to a pilot last night who shared the flight details on his iPad, whilst I ate fortified cookies, swigged heinikies, and bullshat through the flight. Dab equip in carry on, check. Reinforcements below check. Hassles, zero. I could tell you lots of interesting stories, the usual point being that kindness, humor, straight-eye looking, and confidence are my bestest safety devices, spiritual insulators, and guardian angels. Other than standard common sense procedures, not having anything to hide means you don't have to.

eddie dean

I'd agree with that. We all get cut off  from time to time in a relaxed and informal talk show format. Jaz might have been on the short end of the stick this time. If he felt slighted, my apologies Jazmunda. It certainly wasn't planned that way & I know you understand this Ziznak.
Each show will have itiosyncrocies, one host might be particularly vocal one week, and another host will the next.  The 12.23.13 show, I remember Jazmunda being very vocal. I even mentioned this to him, on the show, and after.

I try my best to avoid people talking over one another on the show. Call it a pet peve of mine. Listeners can't follow the dialog, or understand the participants, in broadcasts when this occurs. When I listen to any show, where people gabber over eachother, I switch it off.  Probably why I don't listen to certain  political talk radio shows any longer.

I even stopped the conversation a few times last night and encurraged a repeat  question. No big deal,  I'm not placing fault on anyone for being excited and willing to pontificate on the show.

Trying to keep the circus inside the tent, is a perfect comparison!

I'm answering 2 specific points from 2 posters, using only one quote. So I will end with this:

When Jaz, any host or any caller wants to jump into the conversational pool,  they can. There are no restrictions, other than talking over each other.
jump on in! the water is fine! 602.399.7131  Mondays.  5pst/8est ufoship.com
If it seems slightly warmer and cloudy when you swim by me, it's my urine,  you're in. 8)

jazmunda

I didn't feel slighted at all.

Last time I was more vocal because I had a shit load of notes in front of me. This week as I am on vacation I wasn't really prepared. Also Curtis didn't shut up. ;) :P

Eddie does a fantastic job in hosting and I'm not just saying that because he gives good virtual rim jobs.

It's tough doing a show with two others and a caller when you can't physically see them. It's hard to know when someone is finished talking. Thank god MV isn't on otherwise I could rent out my microphone to another podcast during the Gabcast.

And that's how you insult two forum admins and your co-host in one post.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 07, 2014, 10:21:27 PM
I think many would be surprised by what little hassle the ab has being the dude, with no funky paranoia-ness or deciet. Flew next to a pilot last night who shared the flight details on his iPad, whilst I ate fortified cookies, swigged heinikies, and bullshat through the flight. Dab equip in carry on, check. Reinforcements below check. Hassles, zero. I could tell you lots of interesting stories, the usual point being that kindness, humor, straight-eye looking, and confidence are my bestest safety devices, spiritual insulators, and guardian angels. Other than standard common sense procedures, not having anything to hide means you don't have to.

I've read this post 3 times and it may as well be written in ancient Sanskrit.

Do I need to be high to decipher this ab? ;) :P

area51drone

Curtis is a welcome addition to the show.  As long as we don't have to look at him.  OVER.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on January 08, 2014, 12:18:49 AM

It's tough doing a show with two others and a caller when you can't physically see them.

^^^ This. It's almost impossible for anyone to anticipate when someone has finished their point before pitching in. I think it was mentioned with Falkie about saying 'over' after speaking. The way around it might be round robin and speak in order, however with call ins it might be more problematic when each host is wanting to ask questions of the caller. Not easy.

jazmunda

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 08, 2014, 04:47:24 AM

^^^ This. It's almost impossible for anyone to anticipate when someone has finished their point before pitching in. I think it was mentioned with Falkie about saying 'over' after speaking. The way around it might be round robin and speak in order, however with call ins it might be more problematic when each host is wanting to ask questions of the caller. Not easy.

Add to that trying to keep up with the live chat and trying to incorporate the contributions of the listeners.

Props must go to eddie for hosting and keeping things on track as well as manning the phone lines and our levels.

Eddie I gotta say man your doing yer best to keep the circus inside the tent.

Quote from: eddie dean on January 07, 2014, 11:42:47 PM
If it seems slightly warmer and cloudy when you swim by me, it's my urine,  you're in.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it all up.   :P
I LOVE THIS SHOW.... :-*    Great job, guys.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on January 08, 2014, 12:18:49 AM

Eddie does a fantastic job..........he gives good virtual rim jobs.

And that's how you insult two forum admins and your co-host in one post.

You son of a bitch!
You're fired.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on January 08, 2014, 07:13:12 AM
You son of a bitch!
You're fired.

Any publicity is good publicity. You may get solicited as a result of my glowing recommendations. Remember, it's not gay if you pretend you're a woman.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on January 08, 2014, 04:55:06 AM
Add to that trying to keep up with the live chat and trying to incorporate the contributions of the listeners.

Props must go to eddie for hosting and keeping things on track as well as manning the phone lines and our levels.

You can come back to the show!
I love you jaz.
sigh.... see you friday night for your weekly "paycheck".

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eddie dean on January 08, 2014, 07:27:35 AM
I love you jaz.

Just don't get Duck call Phil on; he'll really take you to task on your methods of recompense.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on January 08, 2014, 07:27:35 AM
I love you jaz.

Yippee! Are you going to be serving Jesus juice again?