• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

bobo17

Is the GabCast available on the Dark Matter Digital network?
I listen to radio through my C Crane wifi Radio and it requires a specific URL in order to listen to a station.
I listen to The Ultimate Artbell, The Very Best of Art Bell u7, and recently added Dark Matter Digital Network to get ready for Art's return.  I would like to hear the GabCast live via my wifi radio but don't know if this is possible and the name of the station to add via reciva
thanks
bobo

Roswells, Art

Quote from: bobo17 on June 23, 2015, 07:57:56 PM
I listen to radio through my C Crane wifi Radio and it requires a specific URL in order to listen to a station.
I listen to The Ultimate Artbell, The Very Best of Art Bell u7, and recently added Dark Matter Digital Network to get ready for Art's return.  I would like to hear the GabCast live via my wifi radio but don't know if this is possible and the name of the station to add via reciva
thanks
bobo

The Spec Sheet is on Dark Matter Digital Network, you can find the Gabcast on tunein.

Quote from: turdphaseofmoon on June 23, 2015, 05:07:43 PM
All good days start out as hump days.

lol so GabCast must not be happening tonight?

-Cousin Blake

Morgus

Quote from: bobo17 on June 23, 2015, 07:57:56 PM
thanks
bobo

The Gabcast stream is on TuneIn, but the stream is called "UFOShip" which also is used for the Spec Sheet show too.
The direct URL for the stream is: http://50.7.98.106:8457/
At other times, the stream plays old archived shows.

Obviously I have to figure out my Skype...that was very fun!!!! Highpoint of my shitty day

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 23, 2015, 03:53:51 AM
I just listened through all of the latest episode. I'm surprised how good it was

You are a master of the backhanded compliment, sir/madam. I think my favourite part of the show was (Redacted) saying something like, 'you naughty boys'. I damn' near fell out of my chair. Perhaps that is going to be her role in Art's Masterplan for radio domination. He already has Ross Mitchell sounding like God, asking if we want to take a ride. The mind, frankly, boggles. And will continue boggling until we get some answers!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 24, 2015, 10:27:57 AM

You are a master of the backhanded compliment, sir/madam. I think my favourite part of the show was (Redacted) saying something like, 'you naughty boys'. I damn' near fell out of my chair. Perhaps that is going to be her role in Art's Masterplan for radio domination. He already has Ross Mitchell sounding like God, asking if we want to take a ride. The mind, frankly, boggles. And will continue boggling until we get some answers!

I apologize if that was backhanded. I think I've heard so many bad podcasts with terrible hosts that anything remotely good surprises me. Also you have to admit the premise of a podcast about a forum devoted to a radio show that's been dead for a decade sounds pretty niche at best.

Then again we're all bound by our common hatred of the Nooron and have spent the last several years on this website expressing that. It stands to reason a podcast along the same lines would probably be just as fun and awesome as the website.  ;D

I don't know if it made the recordings or not, but MV playing music while he went to the bathroom, then spilling his drink on himself and the aftermath of "What do we do now" was great radio. Had to turn off at 7:15 and don't know if y'all restarted the show, but my wife and I were laughing so much it really made it a good night here.

Looking forward to picking up the gabcast where left off. Heard the whole Spec Sheet show, would love to call in sometime. Good podcasts on this site.

-ASC

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ASC on June 24, 2015, 12:28:44 PM
I don't know if it made the recordings or not, but MV playing music while he went to the bathroom, then spilling his drink on himself and the aftermath of "What do we do now" was great radio. Had to turn off at 7:15 and don't know if y'all restarted the show, but my wife and I were laughing so much it really made it a good night here.

Looking forward to picking up the gabcast where left off. Heard the whole Spec Sheet show, would love to call in sometime. Good podcasts on this site.

-ASC

thanks, buddy.

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 24, 2015, 11:55:36 AM
I apologize if that was backhanded. I think I've heard so many bad podcasts with terrible hosts that anything remotely good surprises me. Also you have to admit the premise of a podcast about a forum devoted to a radio show that's been dead for a decade sounds pretty niche at best.

Then again we're all bound by our common hatred of the Nooron and have spent the last several years on this website expressing that. It stands to reason a podcast along the same lines would probably be just as fun and awesome as the website.  ;D

Really?  Anyone else?  Actually, now that you mention it...

The General

Good Gabcast.
I loved Nancy Birnes'call.
What a sweetheart.

Quote from: The General on June 24, 2015, 03:23:38 PM
Good Gabcast.
What a sweetheart.

Going by the chat, she liked you too  ;)

The General

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 24, 2015, 03:43:19 PM
Going by the chat, she liked you too  ;)

Oh realllllly.
I wasn't in the chat.
I was standing in my yard.

Quote from: The General on June 24, 2015, 03:49:44 PM
Oh realllllly.
I wasn't in the chat.
I was standing in my yard.

I shouldn't talk for Nancy, but she did say she liked your voice.

The General

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 24, 2015, 03:52:26 PM
I shouldn't talk for Nancy, but she did say she liked your voice.

My voice was good, but that was the beer talking.

Heather Wade

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 24, 2015, 10:27:57 AM

We aim to boggle minds.

Roswells, Art

ok ok, I'll listen to the rest of it. I got sleepy listening to the first part and went to bed. Sounds like all the action happened after that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on June 24, 2015, 03:23:38 PM
Good Gabcast.
What a sweetheart.

i'm a nancy fan, too. 

Roswells, Art

that was a great call Morgus. And I have to say, MV when you said you thought horrorreporter was a woman I audibly said "huh" because I thought so as well.

The General

Quote from: MV on June 24, 2015, 04:15:06 PM

i'm a nancy fan, too.

Well aren't we just a couple of nancy boys.

nbirnes

Quote from: MV on June 24, 2015, 04:15:06 PM

i'm a nancy fan, too.

Glad to hear that. However, I do think you hung up on me and I have a nightmare still clinging to my brain cells today to show for it. I deserved it, in any case. I'm going off the rails trying to figure out broadcasting. I was glad for the mercy-killing.

You do a fine show and it's so much fun to listen to. You should give yourself a pat on the head-hair.

nbirnes

Quote from: The General on June 24, 2015, 04:17:02 PM
Well aren't we just a couple of nancy boys.

A male harem. Used mostly for chores and reaching high shelves. Deeply appreciated!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nbirnes on June 24, 2015, 04:19:52 PM
However, I do think you hung up on me and I have a nightmare still clinging to my brain cells today to show for it.

please don't take it personally.  i hang up on everybody.

aldousburbank

It is a mystery as to what makes this otherwise trainwreck of a show entertaining enough to enjoy. But it is. So I do.

Carry on.

chefist

Another great GabCast! Eddie's recordings of Dave were perfectly matched and timed! Hilarious...

MV...funny as always...PHABULOUS!...maybe a show per week could be supported up to July 20? I would listen weekly for sure...

nbirnes

Quote from: MV on June 24, 2015, 04:23:49 PM

Makes sense. That's possibly why it's such a good show.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on June 24, 2015, 04:26:07 PM
maybe a show per week could be supported up to July 20? I would listen weekly for sure...

i'm pretty sure that's in the hopper already. thanks buddy.

The General

The only reason I call is to get hung up on.

Jackstar

True story. I was about to say, "Michael, in the last two years I have listened to you, you have become a better host," and then you hung up on me. Again.