• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on November 27, 2013, 09:28:57 PM
I've got tons of ideas.

Who say dat?

Take a random post and hosts/callers have to guess "Who Say Dat?".

Name That Avatar

Host/Caller is shown or described an avatar and they have to name the poster that it belongs to.

Chick or Dick?

Take a random poster's name and hosts/callers have to guess whether it is a girl or guy and why.

Ban Camp

Hosts/Callers reminisce about their favorite or not so favorite banned posters.

Lame I know but the best I could come up with on short notice.

I think a smart plan is to discuss what we want the show to be. And there are lots of details to look at before we start listing topics. Not that I want to stop ideas. But the problem with listing a bunch of concepts is, if some aren't used someone is going to feel a bit left out, and I don't want that.

lonevoice

Quote from: onan on November 27, 2013, 09:23:08 PM
You have no idea how many different thoughts danced through my brain when I first read your post.

Yes, repulsive...and strangely interesting. 

I've got tons of ideas.
The peculiar genius that is jazmunda.  Jaz, you need your own show!  Truly.

Shadow Wolf

Quote from: b_dubb on November 27, 2013, 09:08:38 PM
12/2 we'll push forward with the gabcast.  if anyone has any suggestions for discussion please post them.  god knows we hosts are bereft of talent and ideas

Other than myself, everyone on here seems to have one talent or another, ask them if they would be willing to be guest. Book Authors, what have you written, where can an individual purchase a copy of your book. Musician, what kind/type of music do you play/sing, any albums out there, where can our listeners can listen. Artist, what is your favorite type of medium, have you been shown in any galleries, where is the most interesting place your art has shown up?

How long are the initial shows going to be while you three get your feet wet? What is something that really interest you? What fasinating thing happened to one of you on your way to The Forum. I remember during a training class I took, it takes a lot of time and energy just to make a 3 minute presentation to a group of strangers. Be prepared for the unexpected if you have call-ins, be patient, and try not to rush any speakers, or talk to much over each other.

Other than that, I have no clue what your show is going to be about, or what you want it to be about. Just have fun while you have the chance, get the sh** scared out of you and then Mr. Hankey can poke fun at you on the message boards.LoL.

bateman

I've got tons of ideas.

Who say dat?

Take a random post and hosts/callers have to guess "Who Say Dat?".

Name That Avatar

Host/Caller is shown or described an avatar and they have to name the poster that it belongs to.

Chick or Dick?

Take a random poster's name and hosts/callers have to guess whether it is a girl or guy and why.

Ban Camp

Hosts/Callers reminisce about their favorite or not so favorite banned posters.

Lame I know but the best I could come up with on short notice.

I would love to hear a Jazmunda co-hosted show.

jazmunda

Quote from: lonevoice on November 27, 2013, 09:38:40 PM
Yes, repulsive...and strangely interesting. 
The peculiar genius that is jazmunda.  Jaz, you need your own show!  Truly.

Quote from: bateman on November 27, 2013, 09:50:21 PM

Thank yeeewwww.

To be honest I am more comfortable in a group setting providing "color" commentary as opposed to hosting my own show. I just don't have that special something that MV has where he can just pick up a mic and go. I truly believe MV could host a show by himself and still sustain a few hours and an engaged audience. Not sucking up to the guy as I hear he's a prick in real life. ;)

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on November 27, 2013, 09:58:55 PM
Thank yeeewwww.

To be honest I am more comfortable in a group setting providing "color" commentary as opposed to hosting my own show. I just don't have that special something that MV has where he can just pick up a mic and go. I truly believe MV could host a show by himself and still sustain a few hours and an engaged audience. Not sucking up to the guy as I hear he's a prick in real life. ;)

Agree on all points. Good "stage" presence, but levels of douchebaggery not often seen.

;)

Heather Wade

Thank yeeewwww.

Ah, you'd warm right up to it, Jaz.  I have no doubt.   ;D 

steelbot

Thank yeeewwww.

I don't know, you did pretty good there on my open lines day, hell you were on for about 2 hours plus that day.  But once a week or twice a month is def a responsibility...plus you torpedo all the shows anyways  ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: bateman on November 27, 2013, 10:02:16 PM
Agree on all points. Good "stage" presence, but levels of douchebaggery not often seen.

;)
Yes, we're proud of our the MV.

aldousburbank

Quote from: steelbot on November 27, 2013, 10:06:10 PM
YOU LURKER =P hows the trip going!
It's trippy!  Actually at Burbank station now. Heh.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 27, 2013, 10:08:10 PM
It's trippy!  Actually at Burbank station now. Heh.

That's the nexus of the universe for your online persona.

lonevoice

To be honest I am more comfortable in a group setting providing "color" commentary as opposed to hosting my own show.
The jazmunda and aldousburbank show - one of them's upside down and the other one's twisted.  It would shred the fabric of the space-time continuum, making Art Bell's non-compete agreement expire last year.  Honestly, I'd pay actual money to listen to that.

Also, is the next podcast going to be streamed over Art's site again? Life is once again in the way and I haven't kept up with developments at all since pretty much the last show.

BobGrau

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 27, 2013, 09:14:52 PM
For example, GNS = "the gin", "genius", etc.  ABQDM = "ab quit emm" or something.

The Thread About The Host That Sucks, and The Thread That Sucks, About The Host.

Quote from: lonevoice on November 27, 2013, 10:17:59 PM
The jazmunda and aldousburbank show - one of them's upside down and the other one's twisted.  It would shred the fabric of the space-time continuum, making Art Bell's non-compete agreement expire last year.  Honestly, I'd pay actual money to listen to that.

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 27, 2013, 11:44:35 PM
Jesus Christ. You just blew my mind

:)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)

Spinner

Quote from: bateman on November 27, 2013, 09:50:21 PM
His job as co-host would be to interject delightful giggles when appropriate. :)

jazmunda

Quote from: Spinner on November 29, 2013, 11:47:24 PM

His job as co-host would be to interject delightful giggles when appropriate. :)

As long as the right host is tickling. ;)

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on November 30, 2013, 12:24:27 AM
As long as the right host is tickling. ;)

Onan is a master tickler,  :o
I believe he is French! ;D

The General

Quote from: onan on November 27, 2013, 09:06:56 PM
If everything falls into place next monday 12/2/13
So is today the GABCAST or what?

jazmunda

We are going to be doing a live test of the GabCast stream. We would like to test with some calls so please call on (602) 399 7131. Go to ufoship.com.

Looking good, gentlemen. I had the phone in my hand, and dweebed out. Next time. I'll also shave my leg.  ;D

jazmunda

Thanks to all the people that listened and a special mention to those that called.

It really was a test of all the equipment and hopefully we'll be a bit more polished next Monday for Gabcast 2.0.

We would love any feedback or suggestions.

It's tough when you go into a game without your starting quarterback and bring in a foreigner who doesn't know the rules of the game.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on December 02, 2013, 09:24:22 PM
Thanks to all the people that listened and a special mention to those that called.

It really was a test of all the equipment and hopefully we'll be a bit more polished next Monday for Gabcast 2.0.

We would love any feedback.

It's tough when you go into a game without your starting quarterback and bring in a foreigner who doesn't know the rules of the game.

I wasn't able to listen tonight, but I'll check it out next week. You'll find your groove.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on December 02, 2013, 09:24:22 PM

We would love any feedback or suggestions.

I will def listen next week. However, I wish there was a way to know the schedule or something, like an email blast that let me know when gabcast will be on, I rarely come back to these threads at the right time. Always after an airing haha

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on December 02, 2013, 09:40:23 PM
I will def listen next week. However, I wish there was a way to know the schedule or something, like an email blast that let me know when gabcast will be on, I rarely come back to these threads at the right time. Always after an airing haha

We plan to do them every 2nd Monday unless we are bought out by the juggernaut that is Keith Rowland's Dark Matter Network or the Falkie2013 YouTube Channel.

The plan at the moment is for Monday 10th December at 5pm PST, 7pm CT, 8pm EST (12pm AEDT Tuesday) but as with all things in life things can change. I will endeavor to promote the show through this thread and the Art Bell Quits Dark Matter Thread as most people seem to pop their head in there at some point in the day.

We need an audience because we want callers. This is a show about the forum so we need all the colorful characters calling in presenting to us and the rest of you their unique perspectives on the world and on the world of bellgab.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on December 02, 2013, 10:16:30 PM
We plan to do them every 2nd Monday unless we are bought out by the juggernaut that is Keith Rowland's Dark Matter Network or the Falkie2013 YouTube Channel.

The plan at the moment is for Monday 10th December at 5pm PST, 7pm CT, 8pm EST (12pm AEDT Tuesday) but as with all things in life things can change. I will endeavor to promote the show through this thread and the Art Bell Quits Dark Matter Thread as most people seem to pop their head in there at some point in the day.

We need an audience because we want callers. This is a show about the forum so we need all the colorful characters calling in presenting to us and the rest of you their unique perspectives on the world and on the world of bellgab.

Here we go again...

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on December 02, 2013, 10:18:02 PM
Here we go again...

Hey at least this way I can't call in to the show.

I was thinking a good segment would be A Minute with Mary-Ann where Mary-Ann shares her wisdom with the world.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on December 02, 2013, 10:27:35 PM
Hey at least this way I can't call in to the show.

I was thinking a good segment would be A Minute with Mary-Ann where Mary-Ann shares her wisdom with the world.

Ahahahaha, I, I mean, er, she, would love to do that.

I could work up a little intro/theme song too.