• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

pepsiguy

I just listened to last nights show again.

I have never been so proud to be a member of bellgab.
Awesome job guys.

pepsiguy

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 13, 2013, 04:45:15 AM
Yea sure it's their podcast.. they can be annoying fangirls with butterflies in their stomachs if they want to. seems the cronies here loved it my thoughts are null and void at this point.
You're dead to me.

Chine

I want to hear Evelyn Paglini on GabCast!

(ducking)

The GabCast is now my favorite radio show.  It's great hearing the people on the forum, both as hosts and as callers. 

Do you guys realize that could have been the last time we hear Art?

The only things I would say are that it should be longer - maybe take more callers if there are any or bring up a few other subjects to talk about, each identify yourselves the first 3 or 4 times you speak - I'm still not always sure who is who, and MV cuts away to calls and then drops callers a tiny bit too abruptly - it feels like the person wasn't quite finished. 

steelbot

Enjoyed calling in and the show last night - the nervousness was apparent, MV (Torrets lol - CALLER GO AHEAD YOUR ON THE AIR WITH ART BELL GO>...GOOOOOOOO!!) ...lol couple of times Art was chatting and ya guys interrupted him but it wasn't to a degree that I felt you were trying to cut him off, just had the guest of a "life time" on and wanted to get callers on the air and as much out of him as could be.  I enjoyed it great stuff, and keep it up!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 13, 2013, 03:20:00 AM
You guys kept interrupting him so much I just had to turn it off. Ridiculous. Just give the man an open mic and let him talk jesus.

And the whole "OMG ART BELL" nervous argument. seriously people what are you? 12 year old hannah montana fanatics? I admit we all had a fascination with celebrities who meant something to us at some point in our lives but people are people.

Your comment(s) will be forwarded to the appropriate department(s) or individual(s).  Thank you for your interest.

steelbot

Quote from: MV on November 13, 2013, 02:41:24 PM
Your comment(s) will be forwarded to the appropriate department(s) or individual(s).  Thank you for your interest.
Send em to me I'll disperse them further along the chain of smoke to the appropriate entities to remove this from the record.

steelbot

on a side note 1:04:00 - and slightly before, I WOULD recognize that cough anywhere as my own, and was on hold there on skype...Sorry guys, and maybe let us know - mute our mics - I was ....cleari...clearing my throat yes...thats the ticket... and any who, I just heard it and wanted to criticize  :D

...and I'm not gonna say bong rip and on air with Art in the same sentence...but ....ya never know....

MV/Liberace!

i'm almost finished listening to the show, and yes, there are a couple moments where i accidentally cut art off with the phones.  it was a combination of several factors, including the desire to keep the show moving and the slight audio latency (skype) caused me to incorrectly think art was finished speaking a couple of times, blah blah, so yeah, that was pretty annoying to listen to when i did it.  my apologies.

steelbot

Quote from: MV on November 13, 2013, 03:00:42 PM
i'm almost finished listening to the show, and yes, there are a couple moments where i accidentally cut art off with the phones.  it was a combination of several factors, including the desire to keep the show moving and the slight audio latency (skype) caused me to incorrectly think art was finished speaking a couple of times, blah blah, so yeah, that was pretty annoying to listen to when i did it.  my apologies.
nah only 2 or 3 times did i notice, that and the quick disconnect with callers possibly - but again yes in the interest of moving right along due to the smaller time slot too and it was Fricken ART BELL on the line - it was AWESOME impromptu and the folks that wanted to I think, got on!

conbrio

It was not only cutting Art off it was cutting each other off, a little amateurish but what the hell it was ART!!! no wonder your stomach was feeling funny. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: conbrio on November 13, 2013, 03:05:56 PM
It was not only cutting Art off it was cutting each other off, a little amateurish but what the hell it was ART!!! no wonder your stomach was feeling funny.

well, the cutting each other off part... i'm a little less apologetic about that although i know it is annoying for the listener when it happens, but there's latency in skype which makes that particularly difficult to avoid when you have four hosts.  maybe that means it's time to let onan go.  i can't take his incessant heavy breathing, anyway.

steelbot

Quote from: Treading Water on November 13, 2013, 06:00:36 AM
Let's see.  Four guys who have never met in person, all with an open mic during the SECOND show EVER -- AND ART CALLS IN.

Yeah, epic job, guys.  Enjoyed it, enjoyed it, enjoyed it.  If Art felt ignored or cut off I think he would have hung up.

I lost audio AND the chat. But limped along after finding shoutcast and just smiled myself silly 'til it was over.  Still smiling myself silly.  ;D
STOP SMILING ;D ;D

steelbot

Quote from: MV on November 13, 2013, 03:11:26 PM
well, the cutting each other off part... i'm a little less apologetic about that although i know it is annoying for the listener when it happens, but there's latency in skype which makes that particularly difficult to avoid when you have four hosts.  maybe that means it's time to let onan go.  i can't take his incessant heavy breathing, anyway.
LOL - after I commented I did kinda laugh it off thinking about 4 folks needing to get in on the conversation and how difficult it is already.  It was fun to listen to, i particularly enjoyed the phone beeps  ;)

You asked him nearly every question I wanted him to answer that he could under a NC so what can i say it was a perfect candid session.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on November 13, 2013, 02:41:24 PM

We have a filing cabinet in our office for these such things that we refer to as the circular filing cabinet.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: eddie dean on November 13, 2013, 03:16:24 AM
My favorite moment in the Gabcast:
"So Vietnam isn't next to Hawaii then"

MV you are the fucking man!

Laughing uncontrollably at the replay

This reminded me of the time Noory was wondering on air whether North and South Korea were physically "connected".

coaster

Quote from: conbrio on November 13, 2013, 03:05:56 PM
Its all Jazmundas fault.

Chine

I felt these issues were minor. Yeah, the kinks will work themselves out. Seriously, you guys rock. Love the chemistry, off the cuff communicating feels authentic. As I said when I called in, it has that 'Diner' vibe and your hearing four men shooting the shit. THAT is the magic and makes it work. Having worked professionally in theater and film for years, there's what we call 'happy accidents'...where the script falls and you go to the improv and are authentically 'present'. No, it's not polished clean and sculpted with a calculating perfection but it works and the audience responds to the energy in that. Radio is another animal as you're working more liberally away from script. Yet, still exists ...as in improv, stand up. Sometimes there's a mishap in the formula. But, you can play off it, work with it. I gave up on listening to radio years ago when Art left and I've never been a podcast listener. But, I desire being engaged in dialogue. Even if it's shoot the shit banter. Also, each of you brings a texture in character that is unique but as a collective cast, works well. Trust in that. Yeah, so you fine tune and address the kinks. But adhere to what you have going. Don't muddy that magic.

Quote from: Philosopher on November 13, 2013, 03:16:34 PM

This reminded me of the time Noory was wondering on air whether North and South Korea were physically "connected".

Now there's a gift that keeps on giving. Geography with George - Geo with Geo.

MV/Liberace!

by the way, curtis is working on a solution for us which will eliminate skype entirely from what we do.  there will be near zero latency and audio quality will be even better.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on November 13, 2013, 03:49:52 PM
by the way, curtis is working on a solution for us which will eliminate skype entirely from what we do.  there will be near zero latency and audio quality will be even better.

Will we still be able to call in on Skype? ;)

steelbot

Quote from: MV on November 13, 2013, 03:49:52 PM
YAY - I have a TeamSpeak server up for whenever anyone needs to use it =P

ItsOver

Quote from: Philosopher on November 13, 2013, 03:16:34 PM

I hadn't heard that one.  LOL.  Thanks.  ;D

This show has set an insane bar for itself already, the first two shows had Snoory and Art on the air. Where do we go from there? What now?

I think Noory is also scheduled for a December gabCast, if I remember correctly he said he'd go on the air without the requirement the "sucks" thread be removed?

And I also agree it's a lot of fun to hear the users call in. "What do you mean (Redacted) is a woman?!" :P

Seriously can't wait to listen to this episode again.

Quote from: steelbot on November 13, 2013, 03:11:32 PM
STOP SMILING ;D ;D

Nya, nya, nya...Nope!   :P

Long ago advice from my dad:  "When you're having fun, have fun." 
When I was young, I thought he was a loon.  Now that I'm, errr, uhhhhh, ummmm, older, I know what he meant.

;) ;) :)

bateman

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 13, 2013, 05:58:36 PM
This show has set an insane bar for itself already, the first two shows had Snoory and Art on the air. Where do we go from there? What now?

I think Noory is also scheduled for a December gabCast, if I remember correctly he said he'd go on the air without the requirement the "sucks" thread be removed?

And I also agree it's a lot of fun to hear the users call in. "What do you mean (Redacted) is a woman?!" :P

Seriously can't wait to listen to this episode again.

Both ladies (Redacted & Sherry) had pleasant voices, and did not sound at all like three-pack-a-day Winston smokers with a house full of cats. I guess that's more Noory's crowd.