• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

mattjs2732

Quote from: eddie dean on November 12, 2013, 10:46:02 PM
He might post it tonight, but I have been wrong before.
He probably has to edit out all of the Australian callers first! :D

Dying to hear it so bad tonight...

SaucyRossy

Quote from: onan on November 12, 2013, 09:48:17 PM
Thanks to everyone... I don't want to act like a 13 year old but... OMG ART BELL!!!

It's like tonight was a nice reprieve from the shit kicking we've been getting.

MV/Liberace!

tonight's show, featuring an appearance by art bell, is now available at ufoship.com.

ziznak

awesome... waiting for this! thanks for the quick turn around M.

lonevoice

That was a little slice of heaven, guys.   So fun to listen to how excited you guys were, and how very relaxed Art sounded.   This was so needed on this day, and you guys handled it beautifully.  What a thrill for everyone involved!

WOTR

Quote from: MV on November 13, 2013, 12:30:21 AM
tonight's show, featuring an appearance by art bell, is now available at ufoship.com.
What the hell... Do you mean to tell me that Jazmunda did not call Art during this interview?!?  how did Art know that he was on the radio (yes, I'm just joking...)
***Can you imagine that I was typing that just as he called in??? (I am listening to it late...)

area51drone

MV a little constructive criticism, maybe you already understand it, but you kept pulling people on the air with Art quickly when Art was still going to talk, and one time you even broke in over him mid sentence.  I don't know if had to do with lag time or something but definitely something to consider moving forward.   Maybe you were just nervous talking to the master!

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on November 12, 2013, 10:56:46 PM
Hey! I need to get some more Aussies in here to defend our honour (yes we spell it honour not honor - stupid Yanks). :P

That's why we left the Mother Country. It was too hard to write that V instead of an O and a V instead of a U.
There's a public library in San Francisco where it says PVBLIC LIBRARY in huge letters along the top of the building.
We're stupid ?
You had a guy who wrestled alligators, another guy named Donk and animals that hop everywhere instead of walk.
And a guy who had a zoo with a daughter whose show lasted even less time than Art's.
And I'm not even talking abuout the kangaroos, which are even stranger.

Skyehype

Yes Thank You MV.
WOW.. very Kool.
& thank you Art

eddie dean

My favorite moment in the Gabcast:
"So Vietnam isn't next to Hawaii then"

MV you are the fucking man!

Laughing uncontrollably at the replay

Mastodonkey

You guys kept interrupting him so much I just had to turn it off. Ridiculous. Just give the man an open mic and let him talk jesus.

And the whole "OMG ART BELL" nervous argument. seriously people what are you? 12 year old hannah montana fanatics? I admit we all had a fascination with celebrities who meant something to us at some point in our lives but people are people.

onan

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 13, 2013, 03:20:00 AM
You guys kept interrupting him so much I just had to turn it off. Ridiculous. Just give the man an open mic and let him talk jesus.

And the whole "OMG ART BELL" nervous argument. seriously people what are you? 12 year old hannah montana fanatics? I admit we all had a fascination with celebrities who meant something to us at some point in our lives but people are people.

Do you even use your brain to think? "just let him talk" followed with the criticism "what are you 12". But then "we are all people" suggesting we should treat him as an equal; which, by the way, we did. We had a natural conversation. I am sorry you are too obtuse to comprehend that.

Mastodonkey

Well excuse my ass for having my own thoughts and opinions on things. douchebag. All I heard was Art getting interrupted and you guys trying to be witty. In any event it was good to hear him speak in what capacity he did.

onan

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 13, 2013, 03:39:24 AM
Well excuse my ass for having my own thoughts and opinions on things. douchebag. All I heard was Art getting interrupted and you guys trying to be witty. In any event it was good to hear him speak in what capacity he did.

Look man, you started the shit slinging. People will jump back when you do that. again I am seeing that obtuse thing.

area51drone

Jesus Christ.  Onan wasn't the one running the show.  I don't think he interrupted anyone, and multiple times he passed the "mic" back to whomever was speaking.   But, I agree, the interruptions were difficult to listen to.   After I wrote my initial post, I realized that some of it is probably MV trying to move the "show" along, but I do feel like there was some room for improvement.   

Mastodonkey

"Obtuse" or not, my opinions are a little blunt from time to time. no doubt.

jazmunda

I thought the "interruptions" as you put them ARE part of normal conversations between equals.

They were having a chit chat, shooting the shit, chewing the fat.

This is their podcast and Art was their guest. It wasn't the Art Bell show and nor would he want it that way.

I thought they did great given that it wasn't planned.

Normally MV would keep the callers (us) on for longer to get our opinions on topics but he wanted to get as many people on as possible whilst Art was there and I think he did a great job under pressure. It's not easy when you get on the line with your idol, your heart pounds and everything that you planned so carefully to say just spills out like your a babbling idiot. MV said he was so nervous his stomach was hurting. I couldn't tell. I'd love to see how you'd perform under the same circumstances so instead of throwing shit, give a compliment or some thanks for getting Art to give his side which we would never have heard if it wasn't for these guys. Otherwise shut the fuck up.

Sorry to be so blunt but you were too so :P.

WildCard

Bitch. Bitch. Bitch.
Remember when the only new material from Art was that interchange on Ham radio about George's move to L.A.?
Quote from: jazmunda on November 13, 2013, 04:22:32 AM
I thought the "interruptions" as you put them ARE part of normal conversations between equals.

I'd love to see how you'd perform under the same circumstances so instead of throwing shit, give a compliment or some thanks for getting Art to give his side which we would never have heard if it wasn't for these guys. Otherwise shut the fuck up.
Exactly! It was an animated conversation and it was great.

Mastodonkey

Yea sure it's their podcast.. they can be annoying fangirls with butterflies in their stomachs if they want to. seems the cronies here loved it my thoughts are null and void at this point.

area51drone

I hope you two aren't lumping me in with Mastodonkey.   I thought the interview was great overall, riveting in fact, and I *know* I couldn't have done better.  I just think it could have been better and M doesn't just need everyone kissing his ass all the time telling him how great he is.  I do that enough in PM's to him. LOL  It wasn't really that people were interrupting Art as part of a conversation, it was that M was interrupting by abruptly bringing guests on.   You don't hear much of this kind of interruption with Art.  But he's a master, and I'm sure M wants to get there himself.  Everyone aspires to be better. 

Let's see.  Four guys who have never met in person, all with an open mic during the SECOND show EVER -- AND ART CALLS IN.

Yeah, epic job, guys.  Enjoyed it, enjoyed it, enjoyed it.  If Art felt ignored or cut off I think he would have hung up.

I lost audio AND the chat. But limped along after finding shoutcast and just smiled myself silly 'til it was over.  Still smiling myself silly.  ;D

DanTSX

Maybe Junichero Wells will call in next week? 

If Ian calls in, blow a dog whistle into the phone z

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 13, 2013, 04:45:15 AM
Yea sure it's their podcast.. they can be annoying fangirls with butterflies in their stomachs if they want to. seems the cronies here loved it my thoughts are null and void at this point.
What an asshole! Have some consideration or go out and do a better job yourself. Otherwise shut up and stop being a buzzkill. It takes more effort for you to come out here and bitch than it does to say nothing, so everyone will jump on you for being a troll. And you deserve it.

SaucyRossy

Mastodon key, I've met presidents, nfl hall of farmers, mlb hall of farmers, oscar winning actors, huge radio personalities, and your mom.

I was never once nervous or intimidated as I was calling in to talk to Art Bell in this format. Art means so much to me and everyone else and yes I turned into an incoherent "fan girl" as you so eloquently put it, but I don't give a fuck.

Juan

Art said something that deserves top right status - With regard to sNoory - "Paranormal deserves better."

The General

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 13, 2013, 11:04:53 AM
Mastodon key, I've met presidents, nfl hall of farmers, mlb hall of farmers, oscar winning actors, huge radio personalities, and your mom.

I was never once nervous or intimidated as I was calling in to talk to Art Bell in this format. Art means so much to me and everyone else and yes I turned into an incoherent "fan girl" as you so eloquently put it, but I don't give a fuck.
Just wanted to say, never been to the hall of farmers even though I come from a long line of farmers.

ziznak

Great show guys!  There was definitely a fan-boy thing going on after Art got off the line lol.  Can't blame you though I would have just puked all over the place in the same situation.

CampsieNP

Just fantastic to listen to.
MV, all your years of hard work really paid off. Getting an exclusive interview with Art was a well-deserved reward. You handled yourself like a pro, asked many of the questions I would have asked and you made me proud to be a member of this forum. Yeah, I can be a fan-girl and this was pointed out the one time I called in (of course, as always, MV said 'I always thought you were a dude")

Again, thank you for making the forum and the podcast all possible. You are one of my favorite people.
I did wonder IF AB was violating the non-compete being on your podcast?
God, I hope so. F Sirius.