• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 20, 2020, 12:20:27 PM
It's not the source of the Nile, you soppy tart! Just Google 'Russian fruit cake' like what I did.

http://www.ruscuisine.com/recipes/desserts/n--474/

This is a great recipe!  The sourdough starter plus baking soda suggests an old recipe that has been modestly modernized maybe to avoid a day-long rise.  With the tiny amount of flour (1/2 cup plus what is in the starter) and lots of fruit, it has to be related to the spiced fruit breads and birnenbrots you get at German Christmas markets (which also use a starter sometimes, and rise for a full day or more, being extraordinarily dense and heavy) with the added eastern, Russian twist of apricots, reflecting the influence of Ottoman Black Sea trade.  Nice find, thank you!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 20, 2020, 02:47:00 PM
This is a great recipe!  The sourdough starter plus baking soda suggests an old recipe that has been modestly modernized maybe to avoid a day-long rise.  With the tiny amount of flour (1/2 cup plus what is in the starter) and lots of fruit, it has to be related to the spiced fruit breads and birnenbrots you get at German Christmas markets (which also use a starter sometimes, and rise for a full day or more, being extraordinarily dense and heavy) with the added eastern, Russian twist of apricots, reflecting the influence of Ottoman Black Sea trade.  Nice find, thank you!

I thought it stretching credulity to imagine the Russians didn't do fruit cakes. Easter's their big time of year, I'm sure they bake up a storm then.

pate

Quote from: ItsOver on October 20, 2020, 09:52:08 AM
What about Pate hoodies?  Or are they all reserved for Roswells Art?

I don't have "pate Hoodies," I suppose you could say that the two "Unit Hoodies" I got in the 'stan are "pate Hoodies" in a way, but they are almost ten years old, beat up and honestly I have a sentimental attachment to them.  If she really wanted one of those beat up old rags, I would be honored to give her one, but I doubt that would interest her.

If Roz really wants a "pate Hoodie," of course I will see to it that she gets one that is suitable for her.  It will have to be custom fitted, hand-made and of a fabric that she will enjoy wearing.  I see only one possible way to fulfill that desire should she have it:

A stay of week or two in Kansas City so that initial measurements, subsequent fittings and alterations can be accommodated as the unique piece is finalized.  I recommend Midtown KC for the many entertainments available to amuse her while the work is being done.

Since it would be a "pate Hoodie" I would of course have to be the tailor, designer &c.  Although it has been quite a few years since I sat in front of a sewing-machine in Junior High Home Economics;  for my sweet cookie I would do so again.  As I recall my mother still has the apron I made for her, so I must have been pretty good at sewing.

Maybe my mom would let me borrow/use her sewing machine to make this happen should the need arise?

Anyhow, I figure that is about the only way anyone is going to end up with a "pate Hoodie."  To be sure, it would be awesome and the only one in existence, but I would not hold my breath on that occurring...

-p

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 20, 2020, 02:53:50 PM
I thought it stretching credulity to imagine the Russians didn't do fruit cakes. Easter's their big time of year, I'm sure they bake up a storm then.

Yes I made paska (in the jar, though some regions call the bread the paska which is their word for Easter of course) and a small cheese kulich this year.  When you make a tall one that climbs over the mold and makes a mushroom head and pour the white icing over it looks very suggestive.  I had to use Christmas sprinkles because that was the height of lockdown.  Next year I am getting a proper mold for the cheese with the XPs all over it.

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on October 20, 2020, 02:57:55 PM
I don't have "pate Hoodies," [...] "Unit Hoodies" [...] "pate Hoodies" [...] "pate Hoodie," [...] "pate Hoodie" [...] "pate Hoodie."

... is this code?

ItsOver

Quote from: pate on October 20, 2020, 02:57:55 PM
I don't have "pate Hoodies," I suppose you could say that the two "Unit Hoodies" I got in the 'stan are "pate Hoodies" in a way, but they are almost ten years old, beat up and honestly I have a sentimental attachment to them.  If she really wanted one of those beat up old rags, I would be honored to give her one, but I doubt that would interest her.

If Roz really wants a "pate Hoodie," of course I will see to it that she gets one that is suitable for her.  It will have to be custom fitted, hand-made and of a fabric that she will enjoy wearing.  I see only one possible way to fulfill that desire should she have it:

A stay of week or two in Kansas City so that initial measurements, subsequent fittings and alterations can be accommodated as the unique piece is finalized.  I recommend Midtown KC for the many entertainments available to amuse her while the work is being done.

Since it would be a "pate Hoodie" I would of course have to be the tailor, designer &c.  Although it has been quite a few years since I sat in front of a sewing-machine in Junior High Home Economics;  for my sweet cookie I would do so again.  As I recall my mother still has the apron I made for her, so I must have been pretty good at sewing.

Maybe my mom would let me borrow/use her sewing machine to make this happen should the need arise?

Anyhow, I figure that is about the only way anyone is going to end up with a "pate Hoodie."  To be sure, it would be awesome and the only one in existence, but I would not hold my breath on that occurring...

-p
Here’s your chance to pickup the torch dropped by this bird, Pate!

Just think how many BellGab hotties would love to have a Pate hoodie, plus, how else will you get their addresses for stalking purposes.  For legitimate reasons only, of course.

pate

Quote from: ItsOver on October 20, 2020, 04:51:38 PM
...Just think how many BellGab hotties would love to have a Pate hoodie,..

That sounds kinky, thank the lawd there is no Urban Dictionary entry for "pate Hoodie," that could have potentially been embarrassing!

-p

DanTSX

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 20, 2020, 03:13:02 PM
Yes I made paska (in the jar, though some regions call the bread the paska which is their word for Easter of course) and a small cheese kulich this year.  When you make a tall one that climbs over the mold and makes a mushroom head and pour the white icing over it looks very suggestive.  I had to use Christmas sprinkles because that was the height of lockdown.  Next year I am getting a proper mold for the cheese with the XPs all over it.

The hole in the center is more suggestive than the cumcheese frosting. :-*

How did the hole get there?

DanTSX

Quote from: ItsOver on October 20, 2020, 12:54:45 PM
WTF?  Did she follow this up with tea in the crematoria?

She should had concentrated harder before taking that picture.  Just not on math.

K_Dubb

Quote from: DanTSX on October 20, 2020, 11:33:52 PM
The hole in the center is more suggestive than the cumcheese frosting. :-*

How did the hole get there?

I injected it with special filling.

K_Dubb

I would like to address one additional fiction perpetuated on the last gabcast, the idea that "you can't trust a skinny chef".  This bit of disinformation (probably originated by some aspiring Russian student of the culinary arts -- all Russians have no necks are built like fireplugs and run to fat early) depends on the idea that expertise comes from overindulgence, both in one's own efforts and in the efforts of others.  Nothing could be further from the truth:  what you want is a discriminating chef, one who knows exactly how many pushups/miles/days of fasting it takes to pay for that piece of cake, and who will make sure it is worth the effort.  It is very simple if you think about it.  Even if you are one of those people who will never pay in this manner and just accept the next belt-loop with no more than a shrug of resignation you will reap the rewards of your chef's ascetic discipline.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 20, 2020, 12:38:40 PM
Yep.

Sounds good to me. Its no secret I've fetishized Americana for the large majority of my life to an extreme degree.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Corona Kitty on October 20, 2020, 12:44:36 PM
I think you're right.

And its not often that I'm right. But this time, I'm right.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AZZERAE on October 21, 2020, 12:34:13 PM
Sounds good to me. Its no secret I've fetishized Americana for the large majority of my life to an extreme degree.

Intelligent people have a knack for ferreting out the best and coolest things in life. ;)

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 20, 2020, 09:13:35 AM
You are at least a better co-host than pate.

IN YOUR FACE, MICHAEL DECON!!!

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 17, 2020, 11:44:58 PM
I heard Azz call me out for trolling him hard at one time but then lost my connection briefly and didn’t hear the rest. I’ll just say that if I was trolling him hard at one time it’s because he was asking for it hard here then. Let’s remember that he was an ally of metron until recently. ;)

Hey man, I didn't "call you out", LOL. I just remember our earlier days ... when we weren't exactly friends. I think its safe to say, I was on my bullshit.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: AZZERAE on October 21, 2020, 12:55:10 PM
IN YOUR FACE, MICHAEL DECON!!!

Quote from: AZZERAE on October 21, 2020, 12:36:05 PM
And its not often that I'm right. But this time, I'm right.

Hes a dumb drunk piece of shit, Richard should be co-hosting.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Corona Kitty on October 21, 2020, 01:14:08 PM
Hes a dumb drunk piece of shit, Richard should be co-hosting.

Why don't you step up to the plate? You can't hide in the shadows with shades on forever, bruh.

AZZERAE

"Should be", what you mean, "should be"?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: AZZERAE on October 21, 2020, 01:16:18 PM
Why don't you step up to the plate? You can't hide in the shadows with shades on forever, bruh.

I have my own show, there's countless photos and videos of me on the net.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: AZZERAE on October 21, 2020, 01:28:38 PM
"Should be", what you mean, "should be"?

Meaning I rather see him than you on the screen.

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 21, 2020, 12:07:54 PM
I would like to address one additional fiction perpetuated on the last gabcast, the idea that "you can't trust a skinny chef".  This bit of disinformation (probably originated by some aspiring Russian student of the culinary arts -- all Russians have no necks are built like fireplugs and run to fat early) depends on the idea that expertise comes from overindulgence, both in one's own efforts and in the efforts of others.  Nothing could be further from the truth:  what you want is a discriminating chef, one who knows exactly how many pushups/miles/days of fasting it takes to pay for that piece of cake, and who will make sure it is worth the effort.  It is very simple if you think about it.  Even if you are one of those people who will never pay in this manner and just accept the next belt-loop with no more than a shrug of resignation you will reap the rewards of your chef's ascetic discipline.

Yes indeed. A good chef will discriminate strongly against unsavory and possibly illegal foodstuffs, barring them entry to the kitchen at all or quickly deporting them if they happen to slip through.

Poor chefs aka fatties however, take the open borders policy.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Corona Kitty on October 21, 2020, 01:35:07 PM
Meaning I rather see him than you on the screen.

So you're the little bitch who's been complaining about my happycore appearances. You and your little self-perceived cliqueishness. What a small world. Gay robot boy. Show us your eyes, ching-chong.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Corona Kitty on October 21, 2020, 01:34:38 PM
I have my own show...

Oh, really? I don't think anyone knew that by now.

Quote from: Corona Kitty on October 21, 2020, 01:34:38 PM
There's countless photos and videos of me on the net.

What a pity.

AZZERAE

Hahahahahaha Michael Decon is crying and wanking because he doesn't like seeing me on the GabCast. So fucking gay.

AZZERAE

Oh and I'm just joking with you, before you get your feelings hur--

Oh no wait, robots don't have feelings. Never mind!