• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Asuka Langley on October 12, 2019, 07:48:58 PM
Is that those machines that Art Bell used to get message sent to him on paper a long time ago?
Yep. They called them fidgets or something. He could only take two of them at a time or something weird.

Gunner65

Er, no, I don't think so. Mine doesn't spit out printed pieces of paper.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Asuka Langley on October 12, 2019, 07:48:58 PM
Is that those machines that Art Bell used to get message sent to him on paper a long time ago?

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2019, 07:47:50 PM
They could’ve been a bit more supportive toward him but instead decided to write and produce their two biggest albums about him and his venture into insanity. Swell mates!

Probably not much you can do with a brain dead front man tho. I seen Gilmour say in interviews that he made sure Syd had enough money to live on until the day he died.

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 12, 2019, 07:46:42 PM
You must be calling another number Groyper.  I don't have voicemail. I have an answering machine.

ive been on hold waiting for the gabcast to start. are you available via Skype? what's a good contact number for you?

albrecht

Quote from: Asuka Langley on October 12, 2019, 07:52:05 PM
Probably not much you can do with a brain dead front man tho. I seen Gilmour say in interviews that he made sure Syd had enough money to live on until the day he died.

Now who is kidding who? With studio musicians and increasingly mixing and what-not now? You don't even need a band at all to make it big.

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 12, 2019, 07:47:54 PM
I'm holding on to whachugot

yeah, well, Gunner has me driftin' on sea of heartbreak (for so long)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Asuka Langley on October 12, 2019, 07:52:05 PM

That's true.  Syd lived a comfortable, six-figure life after Pink Floyd, and that was entirely because of Gilmour looking out for him.  Roger never so much as spoke to him because he said it would have been too awkward and painful for him.

Lilith

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2019, 07:58:48 PM

heh heh, even the tagline at the bottom seems applicable to our little soap opera here.  i think a photoshop job is in order with that poster.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on October 12, 2019, 07:56:57 PM
That's true.  Syd lived a comfortable, six-figure life after Pink Floyd, and that was entirely because of Gilmour looking out for him.  Roger never so much as spoke to him because he said it would have been too awkward and painful for him.
Rog should join BG! A true friend in need is a true friend indeed, after all. I'm assuming the reference "him" in the latter was the do-gooder Roger, afraid it would be "painful" for him. I love people with that logic. Someone gets cancer, or loses a spouse, and avoidance due to their own personal potential pain. Amazing! Praise MV Liberace!

Pizzapunch

Call her and ask why she no showed last night that would make an interesting Gabcast Haha