• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Zombies over run walmart over EBT (foodstamp) failure? (Picture and Videos)

Started by Foodlion, October 14, 2013, 08:38:30 AM

Falkie2013

Quote from: Foodlion on October 14, 2013, 08:11:50 PM
I'm mad at the above mentioned just as much as I am the one(s) whom loaned it to them.
This goes for Republicans and Democrats. The stimulas should have been for the people.

Here are two links.
One lists what they paid out in stimulus and bailout funds.
The other lists banks and financial institutions that received bailout funds.
It's mindboggling to see how many banks still haven't paid the funds back, like the crooks at Citibank ( I used to own Citibank stock and lost $ 30 to 50 a share because they hid the bad news from the investing public before their stock tanked from $ 75 to 44 to 22 to 2. They should all have gone to jail for fraud and the bank put into receivership. ). I hate Citigroup with a passion and their former crooked head CEO who got an airplane, an office for 5 years with a secretary rent free and $ 10 million dollars for driving the company into near insolvency.

http://www.money.cnn.com/news/storysupplement/economy/bailouttracker/

http://www.money.cnn.com/news/specials/storysupplement/bankbailout/

Juan

I think we should just jail all bankers every five years and all politicians at the end of their first term.  Just because we know they've done something illegal, even though we don't yet know what.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 15, 2013, 05:57:52 AM
Here are two links.
One lists what they paid out in stimulus and bailout funds.
The other lists banks and financial institutions that received bailout funds.
It's mindboggling to see how many banks still haven't paid the funds back, like the crooks at Citibank ( I used to own Citibank stock and lost $ 30 to 50 a share because they hid the bad news from the investing public before their stock tanked from $ 75 to 44 to 22 to 2. They should all have gone to jail for fraud and the bank put into receivership. ). I hate Citigroup with a passion and their former crooked head CEO who got an airplane, an office for 5 years with a secretary rent free and $ 10 million dollars for driving the company into near insolvency.

http://www.money.cnn.com/news/storysupplement/economy/bailouttracker/

http://www.money.cnn.com/news/specials/storysupplement/bankbailout/

TARP, which I fully supported, has mostly been paid back - with interest. In fact, when it`s said and done, the taxpayers will enjoy a tidy little profit. http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/

Still not sure what the financial institutions have to do with a bunch of leeches  looting a store bare.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 14, 2013, 07:17:18 PM

Given that a huge number of people are either young and just starting out, or blow everything they make and save nothing, or didn't get an education and maybe aren't very enthusiastic workers and thus don't have good jobs, or had a personal financial catastrophe like a divorce, or live on welfare - based on this stat I'm guessing he bottom 30% own a car, clothes, and personal items, and that's it. 

It's easy for someone with a billion dollars to have more money than a whole lot of people in this category.

It's an example of using statistics for propaganda purposes. 

They want people to conclude it isn't faaair (waaaah) and to be in favor of yet more tax increases. 

The real answer is for these people to be more responsible for themselves - save some money, put in the effort to get an education, be a better employee and get a promotion or put themselves in a better position to get a better job, start their own business, etc.

Building wealth makes a lot more sense that redistributing what we have now and killing growth and incentive.
"Given"  -no.
"I'm guessing" - per usual.
It's easy to "build wealth" if one can acquire capital through their industry. 
People can "save" when every dollar isn't taken up on food, shelter, clothing, transport to and from work. (Forget health care.)
People can get a "promotion" in many of these jobs that still doesn't elevate their socio-economic status.  (Know what a "Shift Manager" at McD's makes? A "Head Cashier" at Wal-Mart?)
The escalating prices of consumable commodities, being manipulated by the wealthy on the CBOT and NYMEX exchanges as a "private tax" on working class and poor people inhibits anyone's ability to climb the social strata no matter how "responsible for themselves" they are.
Why is it you never address the wealthy's ability to "tax" people to generate profit on price inflation?
Why is it you never outline how someone who is trying to keep their family fed and housed is supposed to "start a business"?
Why is it you can offer boilerplate panacea for social ills without actually prescribing a pathway out of the indentured servitude most jobs in this nation have become?
As every conservative, you can mandate how others should behave but never offer a pathway to success for them.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 15, 2013, 09:42:44 AM

TARP, which I fully supported, has mostly been paid back - with interest. In fact, when it`s said and done, the taxpayers will enjoy a tidy little profit. http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/

Still not sure what the financial institutions have to do with a bunch of leeches  looting a store bare.
Of course you aren't.  You see pictures of black people filling up their carts to take advantage of an unusual commerce situation and you see "leeches".  You see white people in suits creating unwarranted, unneeded, and irresponsible products like Credit Default Swaps often ranging in the hundreds of millions to billions of dollars and you want to pin a medal on them.
Looting is looting, regardless of race or economies of scale.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on October 15, 2013, 11:35:32 AM
"Given"  -no.
"I'm guessing" - per usual.
It's easy to "build wealth" if one can acquire capital through their industry. 
People can "save" when every dollar isn't taken up on food, shelter, clothing, transport to and from work. (Forget health care.)
People can get a "promotion" in many of these jobs that still doesn't elevate their socio-economic status.  (Know what a "Shift Manager" at McD's makes? A "Head Cashier" at Wal-Mart?)
The escalating prices of consumable commodities, being manipulated by the wealthy on the CBOT and NYMEX exchanges as a "private tax" on working class and poor people inhibits anyone's ability to climb the social strata no matter how "responsible for themselves" they are.
Why is it you never address the wealthy's ability to "tax" people to generate profit on price inflation?
Why is it you never outline how someone who is trying to keep their family fed and housed is supposed to "start a business"?
Why is it you can offer boilerplate panacea for social ills without actually prescribing a pathway out of the indentured servitude most jobs in this nation have become?
As every conservative, you can mandate how others should behave but never offer a pathway to success for them.

Do you have any vacation time coming up?  Because some real world experience would do you a ton of good.

Instead of immersing yourself in this horseshit from the comfort of your sofa, you should go see it in practice.  I recommend a month in North Korea, it's hopefully still nice this time of year - there is a new crop of fallen leaves the wind blew across the border from China to eat, and it's not quite cold enough that you would be in danger of freezing to death with no heat at night.

shell88

The last thing I feel is sorry for is Walmart.  The company is trash, sells trash, uses people up, demands tax dollars for roads, the whole situation is bad, bad, bad.  Best thing that could happen is all these Walmart stores is if they just burned to the ground.
They are like a cancerous monster eating away at the fabric of society.  Sad thing is I'm not exaggerating. I hope they all just go away by any means - including looted to death.

b_dubb

Quote from: onan on October 14, 2013, 12:57:57 PM
Moral equivalency... that is your stance? really?  OK, so basically it is ok to be aghast at people that tried to scam the system in a grocery store. But big business can't be put on the table to show how it isn't just poor people that scam?

Can you say hypocrite?
Karl is basically the Big Lebowski.  he's an ACHIEVER. 

btw - do you know where Karl can get a toe? he has an underhanded, deceptive scheme to steal money from the charitable foundation that his wife's family set up to benefit children who were born poor and hungry.  the little parasites

Juan

I used to shop at Walmart - back in the days they advertised they had lots of Made in USA stuff.  Then the store near me closed in favor of a superstore about 10-miles down a heavily trafficked, under construction, road.  I didn't shop there for years.  I was very surprised at how junky it has become.  I've also heard how it is the #1 grocery company.  Most of the stuff I saw is stuff I would not eat.  I don't feel sorry for them either.

b_dubb

Quote from: shell88 on October 15, 2013, 12:23:15 PM
The last thing I feel is sorry for Walmart.  The company is trash, sells trash, uses people up, demands tax dollars for roads, the whole situation is bad, bad, bad.  Best thing that could happen is all these Walmart stores is if they just burned to the ground.
They are like a cancerous monster eating away at the fabric of society.  Sad thing is I'm not exaggerating. I hope they all just go away by any means - including looted to death.
allowing WalMart into your area will cost local taxpayers $90k - $150k a year.  why anyone should subsidize a company that makes that much money is beyond me

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/04/news/companies/walmart-medicaid/

I love Walmart. It's a great company.

Not only do they offer healthy food at a very reasonable price with great conveience, it  provides thousands upon thousands of jobs.

Quick Karl

Well yeah but, the Walton heirs are RICH and "they didn't build it" (the fact that WE didn't build it either is irrelevant), so we should be able to take it away from them, damnit!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 15, 2013, 12:47:25 PM

Not only do they offer healthy food at a very reasonable price with great conveience, it  provides thousands upon thousands of jobs.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on October 15, 2013, 11:40:05 AM
Of course you aren't.  You see pictures of black people filling up their carts to take advantage of an unusual commerce situation and you see "leeches".  You see white people in suits creating unwarranted, unneeded, and irresponsible products like Credit Default Swaps often ranging in the hundreds of millions to billions of dollars and you want to pin a medal on them.
Looting is looting, regardless of race or economies of scale.

What the FUCK  are you talking about?? Leave it to a  self-righteous liberal  to interject race into  this. Feel better??

NowhereInTime

Thousands upon thousands of jobs. Yup. Sure do. Living wage? No. Healthcare? No. Full time hours? No. Advancement opportunity? No.  Regular reviews to earn wage increases? No. But plenty of jobs, by goodness.
I wish we had a labor union with balls.

Quick Karl

They say this stuff just to start fights...

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 15, 2013, 12:57:17 PM

What the FUCK  are you talking about?? Leave it to a  self-righteous liberal  to interject race into  this. Feel better??

NowhereInTime

Or a self-righteous conservative to flip his lid at the suggestion.  I think you conservatives protest way too much.
The point really wasn't about race it was about the same activity on two different scales.  One you stated support for by supporting TARP, the other you condemned as "leeches".  So what's the differential?  If it's not race then, what, socio-economic status?  Degree of institutional difficulty?  What permits the one but denies the other?

shell88

Reptilian comments don't count. You have to be from earth.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 15, 2013, 12:59:04 PM
They say this stuff just to start fights...
Either endless bloviation or childish quips.  Try a different path: constructive yet succinct.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 15, 2013, 12:12:05 PM

Do you have any vacation time coming up?  Because some real world experience would do you a ton of good.

Instead of immersing yourself in this horseshit from the comfort of your sofa, you should go see it in practice.  I recommend a month in North Korea, it's hopefully still nice this time of year - there is a new crop of fallen leaves the wind blew across the border from China to eat, and it's not quite cold enough that you would be in danger of freezing to death with no heat at night.
No I do not have vacation time coming up: I get one week a year and had to spend it on sick time. But thanks for asking.
I have no idea what you are talking about regarding North Korea and Chinese leaves.  Is this more of your weak-ass Marxist/Liberal conflation? Can you or any conservative have a conversation without predefining your opponents or preconditioning every remark?
Why should I or any American settle for "not being North Korea"?  Why is it wrong to strive for even more than we have now?  To create a stronger, more unified nation?  To really be the envy of the world?  Why do you always want to limit this nation's true potential?
Want to visit the "real world"?  Visit South Central LA, New Orleans' ninth ward, Detroit, Jefferson County Mississippi, McCreary County Kentucky, Bridgeport, CT then come back and tell me "How well its working" in Bootstraps America.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on October 15, 2013, 12:57:51 PM
Thousands upon thousands of jobs. Yup. Sure do. Living wage? No. Healthcare? No. Full time hours? No. Advancement opportunity? No.  Regular reviews to earn wage increases? No. But plenty of jobs, by goodness.
I wish we had a labor union with balls.

You're full of shit.

One of my best friends is the produce manager for a local Walmart. He LOVES it there. The pay is decent, heath insurance is good, matching 401k, good working conditions, big discounts, and on and on.

Quick Karl

How DARE YOU question the PARTY LINE!

Off to the re-education prison with you, traitor!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 15, 2013, 01:44:59 PM
You're full of shit.

One of my best friends is the produce manager for a local Walmart. He LOVES it there. The pay is decent, heath insurance is good, matching 401k, good working conditions, big discounts, and on and on.

b_dubb

you're obviously a shareholder and an idiot.  as Bill Hicks said ... it's only your dignity ... SUCK IT

b_dubb

You're full of shit.

does your friend live in his parents' basement?. you've confused walmart with google

Quick Karl

This must be one of those reasoned, considerate, intellectually honest, well-thought-out replies that liberals insist on...

Quote from: b_dubb on October 15, 2013, 02:00:44 PM
you're obviously a shareholder and an idiot.  as Bill Hicks said ... it's only your dignity ... SUCK IT

NowhereInTime

You're full of shit.

Really?  The Produce Manager?  Great.  By the by, did he mention how many of his team members also enjoy decent pay, health insurance, 401K, and those loveable working conditions?
LMK, my friend.

b_dubb

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 15, 2013, 02:11:06 PM
This must be one of those reasoned, considerate, intellectually honest, well-thought-out replies that liberals insist on...
it's the sort of response you can expect to receive when you disperse bullshit

Quick Karl

If you want to sit in judgment as to what is bullshit and what isn't, I suggest you start with Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid, and work your way up the feces heap till you get to McCain, McConnell, Graham, Rubio, King...

Stop falling for the politics of envy - no corporation on the planet is perfect, including the corporations owned by democrats, like Google, in bed with the NSA, BILLIONAIRES off of selling YOUR information to marketing firms, and have their PRIVATE jets parked on Military Airbases, that TAX PAYERS pay for.

Quote from: b_dubb on October 15, 2013, 02:35:46 PM
it's the sort of response you can expect to receive when you disperse bullshit

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: NowhereInTime on October 15, 2013, 02:21:10 PM
Really?  The Produce Manager?  Great.  By the by, did he mention how many of his team members also enjoy decent pay, health insurance, 401K, and those loveable working conditions?
LMK, my friend.

Manager kinda sums up why he would enjoy it. The serfs under him, probably not so much.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 15, 2013, 03:01:53 PM
     Manager kinda sums up why he would enjoy it. The serfs under him, probably not so much.

He would tell you that he started as a so-called "serf". Another thing about Walmart I forgot to mention; opportunity to work hard, apply yourself, and advance.

Thanks for reminding me.

Quote from: b_dubb on October 15, 2013, 02:00:44 PM

Well, true, I am a shareholder, but I take umbrage with the "idiot" bit. I`ve held WMT since the days immediately following the big market down turn. I`m smart enough to know if it`s good enough for the Wizard of Omaha; it`s good enough for a small-potatoes guy from Carolina.