This one is taken, I mean.

That's OK
/yes indeed I've should check the availability first/

Thanks for your trouble.

JesusJuice

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 21, 2016, 07:49:55 PM
Nothing that a few hundred rounds of depleted uranium wouldn't cure

MV/Liberace!

Users now have the ability to change usernames themselves. It's no longer necessary that you request the change. It's done from within your profile settings.

paladin1991

Quote from: mv on November 14, 2016, 02:01:25 AM
Users now have the ability to change usernames themselves. It's no longer necessary that you request the change. It's done from within your profile settings.

Let the fun begin.

Jackstar

What could go wrong? Excelsior!

theONE

GREAT NEWS mv
I'm changing my name to: MV

theONE

Hey mv when you at it what about creating BellGab's sub-forum 100% 4chan style...no registrations,no nothing
total anonimity
You want traffic, that would give you fking traffic you would have to close your shop to manage this joint,
how much 4chan is worth now -almost $600 million ,...what about you bringing BellGab to $6 million and sell it,
[or keep it and collect add revenues, etc-etc]
but perhaps call that sub-forum MVgab , {when you get filthy rich on my suggestion 1% from $6 mill to me would be nice gift :P}
I'm totally serious about creating 4chan style division of Bellgab ,

keep BG as it is..experiment with MVgab [you can always cancel if it fails,..initial set up cost should not brake your bank]

theONE

You suckers think that I'm nuts, but BG has 4.200 members you can do some interesting projects with that many people
and more will join MVgab

theONE

Quote from: theONE..MV on November 14, 2016, 02:18:35 AM

GREAT NEWS mv
I'm changing my name to: MV

mv look it worked , LOL :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jackstar

wait--sorry---this goes here. YOU'RE NOT GETTING MY NAME

theONE

I wonder how long before you change your mind on it, ;)
...I guess we have to wait few days to see how crazy it will get, or perhaps we already reached the crazy zenith of this experiment

Lilith

How Nice!  Thank You MV, and... Done.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: theONE..MV on November 14, 2016, 11:46:13 AM
I wonder how long before you change your mind on it, ;)

i'm looking at it this way:

if people can sign up instantly through an array of social logins (and they can), with no verification/scrutiny on this end, then there's no reason to suddenly get restrictive once they do sign up. 

i like the 4chan idea of no login required, and i'm about four steps ahead of you on that... but spam is my only concern.  ultimately this is where things are headed once i overcome the spam worries.  there are some people who won't like it, but that's the case with any and every change that's made around here.

theONE

Quote from: mv on November 14, 2016, 01:27:32 PM

1.* if people can sign up instantly through an array of social logins (and they can), with no verification/scrutiny on this end, then there's no reason to suddenly get restrictive once they do sign up. 

i like the 4chan idea of no login required, 2.* and i'm about four steps ahead of you on that... but spam is my only concern.  ultimately this is where things are headed once i overcome the spam worries.  there are some people who won't like it, but that's the case with any and every change that's made around here.

1.* good thinking, makes sense

2.* Oooo, you just looking for way out to give me the 1% commission fee .... :P

/P.S. later on I will change my name back to the original.. trying to have some fun/

mikuthing01

but spam is my only concern.
Increase your breast size in days the natural way! visit www.bustmustplus.com/freetrial and tell them mv sent you

Roswells, Art

if people can sign up instantly through an array of social logins (and they can), with no verification/scrutiny on this end, then there's no reason to suddenly get restrictive once they do sign up. 

i like the 4chan idea of no login required, and i'm about four steps ahead of you on that... but spam is my only concern.  ultimately this is where things are headed once i overcome the spam worries.  there are some people who won't like it, but that's the case with any and every change that's made around here.

Yeah, there are some people that won't like it. There is already a bunch of site's like that. One is called 4chan. Anyway, good luck making your forum the McDonalds of websites. I liked how this forum used to be. It's almost like you don't recognize what a unique place this was and how that made it a place for people to want to go to.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 14, 2016, 01:57:54 PM

Yeah, there are some people that won't like it. There is already a bunch of site's like that. One is called 4chan. Anyway, good luck making your forum the McDonalds of websites. I liked how this forum used to be. It's almost like you don't recognize what a unique place this was and how that made it a place for people to want to go to.

if you're going to critique the change, you'll have to be more specific in voicing your displeasure with it.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: mv on November 14, 2016, 02:33:21 PM
if you're going to critique the change, you'll have to be more specific in voicing your displeasure with it.

I did but then I deleted it. It wasn't that eloquent anyway. It still won't be. It seems like before people would opine about anything and mostly get other viewpoints in return with a ton of humor in between. That kept me glued to the site. Now it's more like you post your opinion or just say 'hi' and the response is 'ur 600 pounds and have 4 cats//' then maybe a few pics of children for the pedos. I think you can get that type of low quality interaction anywhere. This place used to be where  people put forth interesting ideas and listened to the mostly well thought out replies with a ton of weird humor thrown in. I wasn't one of those people but I liked reading it.

Juan

Yes.  I think the political campaign soiled us.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Juan on November 14, 2016, 03:19:21 PM
Yes.  I think the political campaign soiled us.

I don't think so. That isn't the problem I was trying to illustrate in my comment above. A few of my favorite posters are vocal Trump supporters. I'm not.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 14, 2016, 03:27:04 PM

I don't think so. That isn't the problem I was trying to illustrate in my comment above. A few of my favorite posters are vocal Trump supporters. I'm not.

For what it's worth, I've always found your posts to be overall positive, creative and interesting and I don't understand why some here attack you but there are some trolls here for whom that's SOP.  :)

Jackstar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 14, 2016, 01:57:54 PM
There is already a bunch of site's like that.

Do they punctuate their sentences correctly there?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2016, 03:38:46 PM
For what it's worth, I've always found your posts to be overall positive, creative and interesting and I don't understand why some here attack you but there are some trolls here for whom that's SOP.  :)

Thanks, Dr.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Bartholomew Domergue Domerick Barnstormer Zeus on November 14, 2016, 04:08:35 PM
Do they punctuate their sentences correctly there?

I doubt it. They type like they are confused.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 14, 2016, 02:50:56 PM
It seems like before people would opine about anything and mostly get other viewpoints in return with a ton of humor in between. That kept me glued to the site. Now it's more like you post your opinion or just say 'hi' and the response is 'ur 600 pounds and have 4 cats//' then maybe a few pics of children for the pedos.

understood, but that environment was likely back when "allowable" content was more restrictive than it is now.  these days, all posts are allowed to stand if they aren't spam and they contain no illegal content/NSFW imagery.  with that new standard, it's difficult to maintain the atmosphere of neighbors chatting over a fence.  i'm not sure what a "no login" policy would do to profoundly change the temperature of things as they currently are, other than to guarantee higher participation rates. 

bottom line: things always change and evolve/devolve (depending on perspective), and hopefully you'll continue to stick around as that occurs.  if not, i'll understand.

norland2424

Quote from: mv on November 14, 2016, 05:10:11 PM
understood, but that environment was likely back when "allowable" content was more restrictive than it is now.  these days, all posts are allowed to stand if they aren't spam and they contain no illegal content/NSFW imagery.  with that new standard, it's difficult to maintain the atmosphere of neighbors chatting over a fence.  i'm not sure what a "no login" policy would do to profoundly change the temperature of things as they currently are, other than to guarantee higher participation rates. 

bottom line: things always change and evolve/devolve (depending on perspective), and hopefully you'll continue to stick around as that occurs.  if not, i'll understand.

maybe its time to bring back the ignore feature, it would make all sides happy i think, and would still bring in the number of users you need to keep bellgab a profitable endeavour.