• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

NATIONAL MALL

Started by Quick Karl, October 07, 2013, 05:43:38 PM

Quick Karl

Ok so what do the people that are opposed to democrat policies do?

Quote from: Sardondi on October 16, 2013, 10:30:50 PM
Forgive the self-quote, but it's relevant. I said on October 10:

"The only objection I have to the shutdown is that I've had no confidence that Congress will stand fast. From the beginning I've been convinced Congress will begin making unilateral offers of concessions to induce Obama to merely negotiate, which will of course be rejected out of hand, because Obama will recognize them for the admission of abject fear they are. Ultimately Congress will just give up and declare some kind of meaningless victory, which everyone will see through. And it will all have been just one more humiliation for the GOP leadership." http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=4213.msg166028#msg166028

Game, set, match.

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 16, 2013, 10:54:37 PM
Ok so what do the people that are opposed to democrat policies do?
Well, if you believe in democracy, you vote for someone else in 2016, and hope that enough of your countrymen do the same. On the other hand, if you are a crazy eyed Tea Party loon for example, you hate America, Democracy, and everything it stands for.  You feel the only real president is one you personally voted for, and you reject any mandate to govern that doesn't include your personal vote attached.  The fact that the majority of the voting public chose a party you don't like is irrelevant - because again - you hate democracy, and you hate the majority of your fellow citizens.  Ergo, you hate America.

Perhaps you should just leave.

Cynnie

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on October 17, 2013, 05:56:35 AM
Well, if you believe in democracy, you vote for someone else in 2016, and hope that enough of your countrymen do the same. On the other hand, if you are a crazy eyed Tea Party loon for example, you hate America, Democracy, and everything it stands for.  You feel the only real president is one you personally voted for, and you reject any mandate to govern that doesn't include your personal vote attached.  The fact that the majority of the voting public chose a party you don't like is irrelevant - because again - you hate democracy, and you hate the majority of your fellow citizens.  Ergo, you hate America.

^ what he said

So, let me get this straight; if you abhor the out-of-control spending currently destroying the future of this country, you`re a "crazy eyed Tea party loon"?

I take it you have no children or grandchildren and couldn`t give a rat`s ass about the future, because we can always ratchet up the tax rates and "soak the evil rich", right?

Cynnie

And tea party political people arent spending money on their pet projects ? All politicians just want their chance at the trough .
At least lets try to get some help for the less fortunate inbetween them all lining their pockets

Cynnie

And fyi , i am very fortunate ..i make a decent wage and i live in massachusetts where the tax rate is fairly high ..and you know what ? I dont begrudge it one bit.
There are social programs galore out here .. Loads of senior citizen centers , land we have Romneycare!!
Theres always going to be poor people , but im all for being humane and lending them a hand .

You may not have been here during the Bush II years when the "he's not my president" stuff started.  There was every bit as much vitriol directed at him as there is at Obama, it's just that 5 years later memory of the daily details of what was going on then are fading.

And both Bush and Obama deserve everything they have gotten.  Bush was the worst president we had ever had - at the time.  One administration later, Obama has managed to take that title.

I'm still waiting for some examples of Tea Party 'extremism', but I'll take examples of them being 'crazy eyed loons'.  Try to make it something more crazy eyed than some of the Rev Wright's recorded comments that the Obama's sat in that church and listened to for 20 years.   

Quote from: Cynnie on October 17, 2013, 07:11:34 AM
And tea party political people arent spending money on their pet projects ?...

Since there are only a handful in the House and Senate, they are a minority in the national minority party, and they've only been in office for one election cycle and don't have seniority, I'm guessing not.

But it's a good bogeyman story

Cynnie

Aww, you're so sweet in your delusiion

Quote from: Cynnie on October 17, 2013, 08:39:15 AM
Aww, you're so sweet in your delusiion

Do you have some examples of Tea Party Representatives getting new pork projects for their districts and Tea Party  Senators inserting new pork for their states into legislation?

This should be an easy one for you to hit out of the park.

Quote from: Cynnie on October 17, 2013, 07:15:48 AM
And fyi , i am very fortunate ..i make a decent wage and i live in massachusetts where the tax rate is fairly high ..and you know what ? I dont begrudge it one bit.
There are social programs galore out here .. Loads of senior citizen centers , land we have Romneycare!!
Theres always going to be poor people , but im all for being humane and lending them a hand .

I would say to you, enjoy the People`s Republic of Taxachussetts while you can, because 10-15 years from now, you may not have it. You see, it`s collapsing under MASSIVE debt. Amazing, isn`t it? Even with some of the most progressive taxes in the USA, they can`t even come close to paying their bills.

Enjoy your fool`s paradise. I`m quite certain your offspring will not.

Cynnie

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 17, 2013, 08:54:34 AM

I would say to you, enjoy the People`s Republic of Taxachussetts while you can, because 10-15 years from now, you may not have it. You see, it`s collapsing under MASSIVE debt. Amazing, isn`t it? Even with some of the most progressive taxes in the USA, they can`t even come close to paying their bills.

Enjoy your fool`s paradise. I`m quite certain your offspring will not.

Aww , but at least my offspring will be able to read and write .

I lived in texas for a few years and although you dont pay state income tax , somehow it averages out the same as living here in a progressive state . So texas is getting their money ..they just arent spending it in anything worthwhile ..just making sure their rich get richer and their poor stay toothless

Quote from: Cynnie on October 17, 2013, 07:15:48 AM
... Theres always going to be poor people , but im all for being humane and lending them a hand .

There is a difference between elderly, sick, disabled, mentally incapacitated, and people just down on their luck for a short time - a difference between them and a bunch of people claiming victim status and expecting the rest of us to support them forever.

What the people in that second group need mostly is a kick in the pants, not more handouts.  In those cases the redistribution hurts both the people the money is taken from, and the people that receive it.  The people it helps are the Democrat politicians who then get those votes - you know, the people that call the rest of us 'greedy'.

ItsOver

Quote from: Cynnie on October 17, 2013, 09:14:11 AM

....I lived in texas for a few years and although you dont pay state income tax , somehow it averages out the same as living here in a progressive state ....

From http://money.cnn.com/calculator/pf/cost-of-living/

Price difference in Dallas, TX compared to Boston, MA.

Groceries 25% less
Housing 56% less
Utilities 22% less
Transportation 1% less
Health Care 20% less

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ItsOver on October 17, 2013, 10:13:53 AM

Groceries 25% less
Housing 56% less
Utilities 22% less
Transportation 1% less
Health Care 20% less

But we got the Red Sox!  :'(

Cynnie

Quote from: ItsOver on October 17, 2013, 10:13:53 AM

Groceries 25% less
Housing 56% less
Utilities 22% less
Transportation 1% less
Health Care 20% less

All i know is i lived there and now i live here , and the quality of life is better ..and you make more money ..so it balances out .
My electrical bill here is way less than in texas btw
And there are services .
Texas is full of people with no teeth , living in sub par apartments or trailers with no future .

But hey , keep thinking texas is nirvana ..keeps your types out of mass :)

Quote from: Cynnie on October 17, 2013, 09:14:11 AM
Aww , but at least my offspring will be able to read and write .

I lived in texas for a few years and although you dont pay state income tax , somehow it averages out the same as living here in a progressive state . So texas is getting their money ..they just arent spending it in anything worthwhile ..just making sure their rich get richer and their poor stay toothless

Right. I wish I had a nickel for every person I`ve met from MA that`s now retired here in the greater Myrtle Beach, SC area in order to enjoy a much better standard of living than they had in MA.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Ruteger on October 16, 2013, 12:53:33 PM
My question for Libs - when you plug in your LEAF to recharge it, where do the electrons come from? Coal plants or HUSSEIN's magic unicorn factory?
My car strictly runs on magic unicorn factory (excrement, I assume)?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 17, 2013, 10:28:34 AM
...and they have to suffer through Romo and the Cowboys.  Too bad Jerry Jones had his tear ducts welded shut during his latest 'lift.  I love to see him cry when Tony snatches defeat from the jaws of victory... (hey, like Ted Cruz!)

Quick Karl

You cannot have a reason based discussion with people that actually worship duplicity.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 17, 2013, 08:33:13 AM

You may not have been here during the Bush II years when the "he's not my president" stuff started.  There was every bit as much vitriol directed at him as there is at Obama, it's just that 5 years later memory of the daily details of what was going on then are fading.

And both Bush and Obama deserve everything they have gotten.  Bush was the worst president we had ever had - at the time.  One administration later, Obama has managed to take that title.

I'm still waiting for some examples of Tea Party 'extremism', but I'll take examples of them being 'crazy eyed loons'.  Try to make it something more crazy eyed than some of the Rev Wright's recorded comments that the Obama's sat in that church and listened to for 20 years.   

Cynnie

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 17, 2013, 10:36:50 AM
Right. I wish I had a nickel for every person I`ve met from MA that`s now retired here in the greater Myrtle Beach, SC area in order to enjoy a much better standard of living than they had in MA.

I grew up in nc ..sc is a shithole ..i wouldnt even vacation there much less live there

Quote from: Cynnie on October 17, 2013, 10:48:23 AM
I grew up in nc ..sc is a shithole ..i wouldnt even vacation there much less live there

Thank GOD almighty...

Thank you!

Cynnie

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 17, 2013, 10:49:33 AM

Thank GOD almighty...

Thank you!

Oh you live in sc ..ohhh , now i totally understand what your problem is

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: NowhereInTime on October 17, 2013, 10:38:51 AM
...and they have to suffer through Romo and the Cowboys.  Too bad Jerry Jones had his tear ducts welded shut during his latest 'lift.  I love to see him cry when Tony snatches defeat from the jaws of victory... (hey, like Ted Cruz!)

The annual belated Christmas gift, Tony Romo blowing a late December game to ensure that "America's Team" comes up just short of the playoffs. Even better when Goodell expands to 14 playoff teams...and Dallas comes up 15th.

Quote from: Cynnie on October 17, 2013, 10:52:12 AM
Oh you live in sc ..ohhh , now i totally understand what your problem is

So, like totally?

ItsOver

Quote from: Cynnie on October 17, 2013, 10:34:27 AM
All i know is i lived there and now i live here , and the quality of life is better ..and you make more money ..so it balances out .
My electrical bill here is way less than in texas btw
And there are services .
Texas is full of people with no teeth , living in sub par apartments or trailers with no future .

But hey , keep thinking texas is nirvana ..keeps your types out of mass :)

It's terrible in Texas.  EVERYBODY's toothless, living in shacks, with no hope.   It must be why so many people are moving to the state.   ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 17, 2013, 10:28:34 AM

I'll have to give you that one, Eddie.  Thank God you don't have Detroit.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 17, 2013, 10:36:50 AM

Or from New York and now living in Florida.

DanTSX

That totally sounds like the " not MY president bumpers stickers that were so popular with democracy-respecting, difference-accepting liberals during the prosperous Bush II years......

What's the excuse again?  Oh that's right, some flaky, makup-obsessed hag in Florida had single handedly caused Bush to be elected.   Maybe the Koch brothers did it?   Or maybe you just lost..........