• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why Art would promote Bellgab...?

Started by area51drone, October 04, 2013, 02:45:09 PM

b_dubb

we say what he wishes he could say about certain jerks

Gassy Man

I think Art genuinely appreciates his fan base, but he also understands that he has to publicize his show as much as possible -- and where better to start than at a site that has almost universally castigated George Noory while celebrating and hoping for the return of the incomparable Art Bell?  I'm just glad that I was here.

Test4echo

#1. Bell Gab is a microcosm of the entire Art Bell listening audience.

Anything Art or Sirius could wish to know about how the advertising is working , how the listening audience is responding, what works and doesn't work can all be accurately measured here.

This forum is a gold mine for both Art (for ideas , opinions, where to take the show) and for Sirius and its advertisers.

Pretty simple.

shell88

They are good reasons above.  Why wouldn't he support bellgab?
We got George the Snore's number down, and it's the most honest Art Bell forum on the web. Pure unedited facts and opinion. I'm honest to god glad no one is letting George get away with his straight into the garbage can so called "hosting".  Seeing the man made trash of Art's show it would only be natural Art would like this site. Stupid Art's not.  George is still just as dumb as ever. ::)

onan

I think Art supports Bellgab for several reasons. First it is the big dog of forums dealing with c2c and now Dark Matter. Second, this forum as "viscious" as it may be at times is all about conversation. So is Art. And not only conversation but deep meaning and thought with a great deal of wit.

Not to mention this forum, for anyone that spends some time here, is more entertaining than most television and movies... and did I mention pretty damn cheap to use.

steelbot

Quote from: Test4echo on October 07, 2013, 04:19:03 PM
#1. Bell Gab is a microcosm of the entire Art Bell listening audience.

Anything Art or Sirius could wish to know about how the advertising is working , how the listening audience is responding, what works and doesn't work can all be accurately measured here.

This forum is a gold mine for both Art (for ideas , opinions, where to take the show) and for Sirius and its advertisers.

Pretty simple.
Couldn't have said it any better!

Jackstar

It may be something as simple as preferring the forum software in use here. I am not aware of any other sites, but this one's layout is tolerable. And that is important.

There has to be one site. I guess this one is it. Welcome, you've woken the dragon.

stevesh

Quote from: Jackstar on October 10, 2013, 04:09:17 AM
It may be something as simple as preferring the forum software in use here. I am not aware of any other sites, but this one's layout is tolerable. And that is important.

Agreed. Most forums are seriously 'over-styled', with black backgrounds, multi-colored (often huge) text and way too many forums for the number of members. MV does a great job keeping BellGab clean (appearance-wise, anyway) and easy to read and navigate.

Falkie2013

Quote from: onan on October 07, 2013, 04:53:29 PM
I think Art supports Bellgab for several reasons. First it is the big dog of forums dealing with c2c and now Dark Matter. Second, this forum as "viscious" as it may be at times is all about conversation. So is Art. And not only conversation but deep meaning and thought with a great deal of wit.

Not to mention this forum, for anyone that spends some time here, is more entertaining than most television and movies... and did I mention pretty damn cheap to use.

My only problem with the return of Art is that I spend too damned much time on this site when I should be doing other things.
I do thank Ghu that I can now listen to Art ( though listening it on the crummy Imac speakers for now sucks ) while I'm doing housework and going thru all the paperwork and scanning it into the document area of my Imac.
And I'm not forced to listen to Snoory 4 nights a week when there's nothing on tv to watch.
Its one reason I read a lot in the winter because there's not much else to watch on weekends except for football.
I can now putter around the house and get the cleaning done. I hope the sound can reach the 22 feet to my bedroom and eventually I will be able to listen to Art in there once I get that room done. I hope that the older Mac in there can do Sirius. Or at least play the online feeds.
Its mostly being used for storage now, since I have so damned much clothing and seemingly millions of pairs of socks that don't seem to match even though I just washed them yesterday, as an example.

The older Imac as shown below as an example. After I get the gf a better Imac, I'll work on getting a newer one in there. Of course, could get a new to me,  Ipad since Apple usually drops the price once they come out with the newest versions. I don't know how an Ipad sounds with video and audio. I've never heard one only seen them.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Falkie2013

Quote from: stevesh on October 10, 2013, 04:46:05 AM
Agreed. Most forums are seriously 'over-styled', with black backgrounds, multi-colored (often huge) text and way too many forums for the number of members. MV does a great job keeping BellGab clean (appearance-wise, anyway) and easy to read and navigate.

Not only is Bellgab clean and fresh but it leaves no unsightly bathtub ring or ring around the collar and smells even better than Febreeze.
And no cloud of cigar smoke like you get if you go to Rush's site.
;) ;D

MrMajestik

I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere but I'm too lazy to look. Does MV get any Shekels if we click on the banners but go no further in the web-ad?
   I appreciate what he has created here and would like to support it if possible.

The General

Quote from: MrMajestik on October 10, 2013, 12:36:30 PM
   I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere but I'm too lazy to look. Does MV get any Shekels if we click on the banners but go no further in the web-ad?
   I appreciate what he has created here and would like to support it if possible.
I don't know but there's a donate link at the top of the page.
I know he appreciates every nickel people are willing to donate.
Hosting this site is probably very expensive.

Harmness

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 10, 2013, 05:33:05 AM
...I spend too damned much time on this site when I should be doing other things.

I think so, too.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Harmness on October 10, 2013, 08:21:27 PM
I think so, too.

I'm not quite sure how to take that comment.
::)
I don't get why we get links for German and Swiss websites in German.

area51drone

Quote from: The General on October 10, 2013, 01:00:04 PM
I don't know but there's a donate link at the top of the page.
I know he appreciates every nickel people are willing to donate.
Hosting this site is probably very expensive.

I'm sure it's not free, but it is probably more costly in terms of time than it is in terms of dollars paid for bandwidth and hosting.  With that said I will be donating!

dan7800

Art's promoting BellGab is largely a testament to the work that MV has done. Long before Art's comeback, he gave us a home to complain about George and to wish Art back.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: dan7800 on October 11, 2013, 07:56:46 AM
Art's promoting BellGab is largely a testament to the work that MV has done. Long before Art's comeback, he gave us a home to complain about George and to wish Art back.

if i get uncomfortable when people say nice things about me, is that indicative of a social disorder i'm likely suffering from?  help, onan.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on October 11, 2013, 11:24:35 PM
if i get uncomfortable when people say nice things about me, is that indicative of a social disorder i'm likely suffering from?  help, onan.

As a fellow sufferer, constant minimization of one's abilities is a sure sign of social anxiety.

I take heroin through the scrotum for it.

DelphiDreams

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 04, 2013, 06:32:14 PM
We are his long time fans. We have generally supported him through thick and thin. We also promote his new show on our facebooks, twitter, etc. We also followed him over to Sirius and make up a portion of his audience.
+1

onan

Quote from: MV on October 11, 2013, 11:24:35 PM

Complements mean nothing without cash.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 11, 2013, 11:31:21 PM
         As a fellow sufferer, constant minimization of one's abilities is a sure sign of social anxiety.

I take heroin through the scrotum for it.

That is the most effective treatment.

Harmness

You should always listen to that little voice inside yourself that says you're not worthy.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on October 12, 2013, 02:22:11 AM
That is the most effective treatment.

i was awaiting official word.  thank you for that.

onan

If a duck quacks in the forest, does the sound echo in the canyon?

WOTR

If I turn on the kitchen radio and leave the house, did George really flap his gums for all those hours?

area51drone

Quote from: wotr1 on October 13, 2013, 04:24:43 AM
If I turn on the kitchen radio and leave the house, did George really flap his gums for all those hours?

Only if you were using the FM Transmitter from C Crane.