• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130930 - Michael Heiser - UFOlogy

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 30, 2013, 05:01:50 PM

PrairieGhost

Quote from: steelbot on September 30, 2013, 11:36:33 PM
Those listening, stream coming through fine now?

http://willstare.com:8150/

I'm listening through Sirius but I checked and yes it's working.

steelbot

Holy Website Spamming Batman - This guy REALLY want's the publicity onto his site!

Nighthawk

Yes it is coming through great. I am not impressed with the sirius XM player. (was fine for 2 weeks but tonight a total failure) They are going to be receiving an email describing my distaste.

WOTR

Well, I appreciated Art actually bringing up the fact that the guest seems to have different standards of proof between UFO's and God.  I had very little to add to the ocnversation tonight.  This guest reminds me very much of Matthew Alper in that it is mostly hours of the guest explaining how he views the world.  I said with Alper that I have no wish to listen to and atheist, Pentecostal or Buddhist  rambling on for hours and now I will add a self described scholar to that list.  If he were to have talked about ancient texts, different interpretations, some of the debates that actually occur in that community I would have been happier.  To be told that the only (the right way) to interpret and believe is Heisers's way is as insulting as being told that that you have to be an idiot to believe in anything greater than yourself.

If I want to be told what to believe and that there is no room for debate I will tune into the Trinity broadcasting network (or listen to Richard Dawkins...)

steelbot

Hrm.....how does this guy's field of studies - relate it to UFOlogy?  I'm only hearing biblical theory!

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Redacted on September 30, 2013, 11:43:23 PM
Dig Art's little story there.  Awwww.

He just blew my mind with that one...

Morgus

Yep - the stream is running from Winamp on my PC right now.
But the volume level is extremely LOW

Ward

i will definitely enjoy this show more on the replay when i can focus on the conversation, there were some good topics brought up tonight, Yeah it was a change of pace but still with challenging ideas and thought provoking conversation. How far we have come without Snoory.

steelbot

Quote from: Morgus on September 30, 2013, 11:45:23 PM
Yep - the stream is running from Winamp on my PC right now.
But the volume level is extremely LOW
Yeah i turn it down during commercials...thanks for checking though!

Morgus

Quote from: steelbot on September 30, 2013, 11:47:17 PM
Yeah i turn it down during commercials...thanks for checking though!
oh, ok - thanks!

Morgus

I noticed tonight on the Sirius PC app I am now only getting about 2 hours in the play buffer.
Last couple weeks I was getting 5 hours in the play buffer.
So the whole 4 hour show is no longer completely in the buffer, so I can't get all the way back to the start right now.
Anyone else notice this tonight? Is a temporary bug or is Sirius reducing the buffer length permanently?

steelbot

Quote from: Morgus on September 30, 2013, 11:47:29 PM
oh, ok - thanks!
Yep  8) just set your volume to a good level - and let me take care of the rest  ;D

I can't wait for tomorrow night. I'm ready for some UFOs.

steelbot

Quote from: Morgus on September 30, 2013, 11:49:06 PM
I noticed tonight on the Sirius PC app I am now only getting about 2 hours in the play buffer.
Last couple weeks I was getting 5 hours in the play buffer.
So the whole 4 hour show is no longer completely in the buffer, so I can't get all the way back to the start right now.
Anyone else notice this tonight? Is a temporary bug or is Sirius reducing the buffer length permanently?

Problems tonight with Sirius player for some

Heather Wade

Quote from: steelbot on September 30, 2013, 11:44:55 PM
Hrm.....how does this guy's field of studies - relate it to UFOlogy?  I'm only hearing biblical theory!

I still don't know what this show is about, lmao, but I'm having such a good time.

PrairieGhost

Ok going to bed and will finish listening there good night all! I hope a lizard person doesn't get me!

WildCard

Quote from: Ward on September 30, 2013, 11:46:01 PM
i will definitely enjoy this show more on the replay when i can focus on the conversation, there were some good topics brought up tonight, Yeah it was a change of pace but still with challenging ideas and thought provoking conversation. How far we have come without Snoory.
This is the first Dark Matter I want to listen to again/archive.

Spinner

Oooooo... A teaser for the end of the show. :)

Heather Wade

Good evening PrarieGhost.  Have weird dreams!

Quote from: Spinner on September 30, 2013, 11:51:11 PM
Oooooo... A teaser for the end of the show. :)

Glad I stuck around. Time for one more end of show bong rip...

CampsieNP

Hey Art.
I WAS thinking of getting a pair of those cool, wooden, C.Crane headphones you were talking about. But one more mouth-breathing, huffin guest, I am not so sure I want any more clarity in the audio.

Morgus

Quote from: steelbot on September 30, 2013, 11:49:08 PM
Yep  8) just set your volume to a good level - and let me take care of the rest  ;D
ok - just checked the stream again and confirmed now the volume is fine now that the ad break is over.  :)

Quote from: CampsieNP on September 30, 2013, 11:53:21 PM
Hey Art.
I WAS thinking of getting a pair of those cool, wooden, C.Crane headphones you were talking about. But one more mouth-breathing, huffin guest, I am not so sure I want any more clarity in the audio.

This guy has got a lot of mouth noise going on. Ugh.

phrodo

That caller used a fish analogy too ... pretty apropos IMHO.

Heather Wade

Quote from: guildnavigator on September 30, 2013, 11:54:30 PM

This guy has got a lot of mouth noise going on. Ugh.

Popping hella P's like there's no tomorrow.