• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Fukushim and what is really happening MUST be a primary topic

Started by somatichypermutation, September 29, 2013, 02:24:47 PM

Kaku for about two hours on what a meltdown is and th risks.  Then a guest (maybe with Kaku) on what is actually happening at the plant today and if they have any chance of winning.

I heard they are planning an ice barrier under the plant so huge it has never previously been contemplated.

Morgus

John B. Wells covers this almost every week on his Sat shows...

onan

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on September 29, 2013, 02:24:47 PM
Kaku for about two hours on what a meltdown is and th risks.  Then a guest (maybe with Kaku) on what is actually happening at the plant today and if they have any chance of winning.

I heard they are planning an ice barrier under the plant so huge it has never previously been contemplated.

I believe ice barriers have been used but not anywhere the size needed now.

And John B Wells also believes in black helicopters and the stupidest conspiracy theories going.  I'll take Art.

Onan- I think you are right, it was done at one of our national labs and it worked well.  But won't a meltdown still melt through it? This only contains the water being poured on the reactor?  These are the questions I need answered.

onan

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on September 29, 2013, 03:18:33 PM
And John B Wells also believes in black helicopters and the stupidest conspiracy theories going.  I'll take Art.

Onan- I think you are right, it was done at one of our national labs and it worked well.  But won't a meltdown still melt through it? This only contains the water being poured on the reactor?  These are the questions I need answered.

I don't think any answer, other than we are all screwed to some degree, is coming soon.

WOTR

Quote from: onan on September 29, 2013, 02:50:30 PM
I believe ice barriers have been used but not anywhere the size needed now.
I recalled reading about a company who was planning on doing them in McMurray when I was up there- and they were doing hundreds of feet into the ground.  There was another Canadian company who had done on miles long (I think the reactor was going to be a mile long...)  They have been done- just not on such a large scale in a radioactive area...

There is a really interesting article on this site about the effect that water movement has on freezing when it comes to these projects (not something that I had heard discussed before.)  http://technology.infomine.com/articles/1/606/flooding.mine.groundwater/mine.flooding.aspx

They say that 400 tons of groundwater flows down the hillside at that reactor each day (what a stupid way to measure volume).  I will leave it to the engineers and mathematicians- but it does make you question if it will freeze.  Check the link and there is even the possibility that the wall will freeze some sections but not others.

***Found it.  A company called Moretrench was going to (or possibly has, by now) frozen 500 feet down in our oilsands.  And it was a gold company in Ontario who built the three mile long wall... the price of gold dropped before they actually put it into use- so I suppose it is only proof that they have done it and not that it works.