• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Cooking

Started by bateman, September 28, 2013, 07:30:28 PM

bateman

By popular demand, tonight's dinner was: Italian roast beef with Muenster cheese & tomato on a croissant.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, CHINE

Earth Pod

Quote from: bateman on October 04, 2013, 07:26:10 PM
By popular demand, tonight's dinner was: Italian roast beef with Muenster cheese & tomato on a croissant.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, CHINE
I love Muenster cheese.  I use to make and opened face sammie.  Mayo, Muenster and under the broiler until it starts to bubble and get brown.  Yummy.   Bet it would also be good too: Mayo, slice tomato, Muenster---herbs would be nice too, then under the broiler.

Chine

Quote from: bateman on October 04, 2013, 07:26:10 PM

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, CHINE

Ahhh...Meunster. Yes, very happy. I also love sandwiches on a croissant. Wonderful texture. Tonight, it was one of my husband's Filipino dishes, Adobo chicken and rice. Also, picked up some homemade butternut squash soup at local gourmet market. 

ksm32

I really wanted to post one of my recipes for all of you. Nobody has asked, so like the very loving prick that I am I will share one. Keep in mind I do this with hurt feelings.

Gourmet grilled ham & cheese sandwich.

You will need;

-Butter (duh)
-Basic grain loaf (FRESH from a deli or bakery) bread you hand cut, two slices about 3/4 inch thick.
-Deli shaved Tuscan ham.
-Deli shaved rosemary ham.
-Dijon mustard. (GOOD STUFF) this is key.
-Cambozola cheese. <be sure to cut the leather off.

Non stick pan @ low med heat so you do not burn (brown or bruise) the butter. Butter the bread slices as you would toast. Lay the slices side by side. and place equal parts Tuscan ham on one side to Rosemary ham on the other. Apply mustard to each ham pile.. amount? let your eyes be the judge (the mustard is there to help, not steal the show)

Cut the cheese (hahahahahaha) into 1/4 inch slices and cover on stack generously. Top with other stack. Cook in a well buttered pan a few minutes per side (remember, it's a thick sandwich so it can take an extra minute or so to heat the middle)

Also be sure to use enough ham in total to equal the thickness of one bread slice and let the cheese etc do the rest, balance is important.

Done right this can make your day. or dinner

I started with red onions, scallions, celery, mushrooms: regular, chandelle, portabella, shitake, in olive and coconut oil, sautéed then I added buffalo(bison) meat. then added some roasted pepper and tomato soup (Pacific),big can of tomato puree, then some purple potatoes sliced, some Lundberg mixed rice, some carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, corn ,okra, field peas, butter beans, seasoned with Hungarian paprika , 3 kinds of ground peppercorns, red Hawaiian salt, dulse, 6 garlic cloves. Sometimes I like to go nuts  with a pot of soup(goulash?)(Gumbo?). works with chicken, sausage, beef, seafood.

ksm32

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on October 06, 2013, 11:12:48 PM
I started with red onions, scallions, celery, mushrooms: regular, chandelle, portabella, shitake, in olive and coconut oil, sautéed then I added buffalo(bison) meat. then added some roasted pepper and tomato soup (Pacific),big can of tomato puree, then some purple potatoes sliced, some Lundberg mixed rice, some carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, corn ,okra, field peas, butter beans, seasoned with Hungarian paprika , 3 kinds of ground peppercorns, red Hawaiian salt, dulse, 6 garlic cloves. Sometimes I like to go nuts  with a pot of soup(goulash?)(Gumbo?). works with chicken, sausage, beef, seafood.

SIR? I suspect you may have an INFLAMED ANUS   with that wonderful mix. Although, if you eat that twice a week? you will never EVER get a cold again.

Mels-hole1984

A few years ago I came up with the idea of trying to make a white lasagna. Alfredo sauce, mushrooms, broccoli, mozzarella, ricotta and the key ingredient....Salami, and lots of it. It would blow your fucking mind! It also works really well as a homemade calzone. I plan on going to culinary school in the near future and hopefully opening my own restaurant someday.

UrbanFool

I had some serious dental surgery last Monday, so dinner for the entire week has been soup or smoothies. As a matter of fact, soup makes my teeth HURT! This is just really bad.

bateman

I had.. two hot dogs off the street & a small can of Coke.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on October 06, 2013, 11:12:48 PM

6 garlic cloves ?

sheesh.

Guess your wife won't be kissing you for awhile.
What are you cooking it in ?
A 50 gallon oil drum ?
That stuff would never fit in any of my pots.

Falkie2013

Quote from: ksm32 on October 01, 2013, 07:44:31 PM
About two weeks ago I was gonna start a "share your recipe's" thread. That being said I am a Chef (uncertified) so I guess I'm a very good cook of fine meals. I love to drink good scotch and cook all day long.

If anyone ever wants a fantastic osso buco (braised lamb shanks) recipe? hit me up. I also have a Fine Dining grilled ham n cheese sandwich that is .. well, awesome.

Everybody should learn to make a home made chicken stock with wholesome ingredients and fresh erbs or herbs even. You'll never go back to store bought cartons. Also! make your own fish stock for chowders and bisque's. Brine your roast chicken for at least 8 hrs.mmm fuckin mmm.

I tried brineing the chicken but it kept hopping back on the dock.

I've never made stock and need to learn but the ancient stove I have keeps burning out the burners for some reason and I have to do everything on one burner.

There is one thing I've made that every girlfriend I ever had went crazy for.
It's definitely NOT low calorie but its fantastic.
I make chicken in wine with mushrooms.
I put 2 cut up chickens in the dutch oven. Add 3 cut up lemons, a 1/2 pound of butter, 3 pounds of mushrooms, green bell peppers,parsley and a whole bottle of Chenin Blanc and cook it at 350 until the bones fall off the meat usually about 4 hours.
The wine marinates the chicken and so does the lemon and butter. The chicken comes out tender and very tasty. ( I wonder if it would work with Canadians ?  :D ).

My first girlfriend loved it so much she drank from this huge glass I had which was full of wine, ate an entire chicken and all of the mushrooms on the plate after saying in her cute child voice " more, more " and fell asleep.
Even my current girlfriend wants me to make it. She loves it too. It was the first attempt at cooking I ever did other than cook steak in a broiler and boiling hot dogs.
After I get the kitchen and living room thoroughly cleaned up I've got to get them to get me a new oven or buy one myself. I'm tired of going over to my gf's to cook a turkey or something. The oven I have now burns everything if I don't keep an eye on it.
I do make very good chicken soup with mushrooms, parsley, bell peppers, and whole chickens. And spaghetti. I hope one day to be in a real kitchen where I can cook everything I'd like to cook. I have about 40 or 50 cookbooks in there. I believe in having a lot of reference materials when I do something. I do manage to cook some things in a toaster oven.

bateman

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 09, 2013, 05:36:29 PM
My first girlfriend loved it so much she drank from this huge glass I had which was full of wine, ate an entire chicken and all of the mushrooms on the plate after saying in her cute child voice " more, more " and fell asleep.

To quote Buffalo Bill...

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 09, 2013, 05:24:18 PM
6 garlic cloves ?

sheesh.

Guess your wife won't be kissing you for awhile.
What are you cooking it in ?
A 50 gallon oil drum ?
That stuff would never fit in any of my pots.
[/quote
10 quart and garlic is not that strong once sautéed into the meat and other sautéed ingredients., No wife though I can smell it coming though my pores. Keeps the vampires away. 6 cloves is not much, six bulbs , now that is a lot.

I make my own modified versions of Thai or Indian food almost every night  usually involving curry, but not always. 

Either that or a salad - typically tomatoes, Persian cucumbers, red or yellow bell peppers, avocado, ground chicken, cubes of cheese, maybe some black beans or black olives, with a sauce from a mix of soy sauce, that Vietnamese hot chili sauce, lime juice, and salad dressing - with parmesan cheese on top.

Tonight it was sliced okra, sliced potatoes, a few bits of tomato and onion, and some cubed chicken simmered in a curry sauce made from coconut milk, chicken stock and a mix of spices.

ksm32