• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130924 - Seth Shostak - Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI)

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 24, 2013, 10:58:29 AM

AshamanWolf

Quote from: ItsOver on September 24, 2013, 08:26:39 PM
I've got a C Crane PoGo MP3 player I'm still using.  It's got to be going on ten years old and it's still humming along. 
I cannot wait for my check for my haunted house job, there is no doubt I will get some C Crane stuff after bills are paid. I used to have that same player, but my brother's ex stole it and sold it.

PrairieGhost

If you guys are sick of the radio app shutting off after 90 minutes you can go to download.com and search for auto mouse mover and it will move every minute and click between now playing and channel tab. You just set the positions by clicking F11 then set mouse click on the two positions to left click. If any of that makes sense.

Just so you know you cant use that same pc for the forum or the clicks won't work right.

AshamanWolf

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 24, 2013, 08:37:32 PM
Alright, WHO requested Doctor Doofus Ed "Army Men" Dames?
I can only imagine it was someone who enjoys stories that we are all going to die. Possibly more than once.

Spinner

Quote from: jazmunda on September 24, 2013, 08:37:49 PM
I'm no scientist but I just love these science based shows.
You don't have to be a scientist to like science. :)

widespread1

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 24, 2013, 08:36:00 PM
If you guys are sick of the radio app shutting off after 90 minutes you can go to download.com and search for auto mouse mover and it will move every minute and click between now playing and channel tab. You just set the positions by clicking F11 then set mouse click on the two positions to left click. If any of that makes sense.

Just so you know you cant use that same pc for the forum or the clicks won't work right.

Brilliant :)

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 24, 2013, 08:37:32 PM
Alright, WHO requested Doctor Doofus Ed "Army Men" Dames?

I have a copy of Ed's remote viewing training DVD. It's pretty far out.

SgtRocko

Quote from: AshamanWolf on September 24, 2013, 08:39:27 PM
I can only imagine it was someone who enjoys stories that we are all going to die. Possibly more than once.

Maybe from those shootin' irons he's packin'...  he's like one of those guys at the bar who tells you he was Special Forces in 'Nam with the rank of Lt. Corporal

eddie dean

Glad to hear SETI is looking for signals or light from ET cities instead of only listening for audio/radio signals from space.

bigchucka

Quote from: guildnavigator on September 24, 2013, 08:40:16 PM

I have a copy of Ed's remote viewing training DVD. It's pretty far out.

So do I. I watched it up to the point of the beginning of exercise 1.  I didn't want to print anything and didn't want to ruin it in case I actually decided to try to learn how to do it.

SgtRocko

I've got an XM Onyx - with a docking kit in my car and a boombox here at home.  Love 'em, never have any trouble.  I'd be interested in the CCrane thing, but I like having XM in my car

Spinner

I'm looking forward to watching Comet ISON.
I think it's going to be very good.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on September 24, 2013, 08:42:07 PM
Glad to hear SETI is looking for signals or light from ET cities instead of only listening for audio signals from space.

I'm not sure he said that it was SETI who was doing that. He was saying that someone came to SETI to do a talk and was talking about that.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Spinner on September 24, 2013, 08:43:14 PM
I think is going to be very good.

I'm with you I can't wait!

SgtRocko

Quote from: bigchucka on September 24, 2013, 08:42:26 PM
So do I. I watched it up to the point of the beginning of exercise 1.  I didn't want to print anything and didn't want to ruin it in case I actually decided to try to learn how to do it.

It's Ed Dr. Doofus Dames we're talking - just hit yourself in the head with a hammer, take LSD, and drink Slivovic.  You'll still be more sane and lucid than Dames, but you'll definitely see stuff.  Probably be more accurate than that ditzoid, too

ziznak

Quote from: eddie dean on September 24, 2013, 08:42:07 PM
Glad to hear SETI is looking for signals or light from ET cities instead of only listening for audio/radio signals from space.
yeah for some reason I thought they were only doing the RF scans.  cool stuff about the new techniques.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Spinner on September 24, 2013, 08:43:14 PM
I think is going to be very good.

Adds some strangeness to the holidays.

steelbot

SgtRocko

Quote from: Redacted on September 24, 2013, 08:46:02 PM
Adds some strangeness to the holidays.

Deck the Halls with Omens of Doom!  Fa la la la laaaa, la la la OUCH

Quote from: AshamanWolf on September 24, 2013, 08:39:27 PM

How many times according to Dames are we supposed to be dead now?  Killed by the big-*** solar flare that hasn't come yet.

Heather Wade

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 24, 2013, 08:48:43 PM
Deck the Halls with Omens of Doom!  Fa la la la laaaa, la la la OUCH

Your comment & 'Self Control' = magic moment, too funny.

eddie dean

Wow the comet could be 15 times the brightness of the moon! That would be creepy and amazing!

sleeplessinca

Anyone heard of Peter Ward the rare earth guy?  I would live to hear Art interview him?