• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Obama's speech on syria

Started by williedee, September 10, 2013, 07:18:37 PM

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 13, 2013, 03:11:50 AM

Just calling 'em as I see 'em. 

Awhile back I saw a quick survey someone did of the, at the time, 26 wars going on around he world.  22 involved Muslims on one or both sides.  Mostly as the aggressors.

As an exercise, take a look at a map of the world.  Circle the Muslim areas - from West Africa and North Africa, across the middle east, down the eastern coast of Africa, up to Chechnya, across central Asia to Pakistan, circle places like Bangladesh and parts of eastern Burma, down through Indonesia, Malaysia, and the southern parts of Thailand and the Philippines. 

Then go back over the map of the world and place and X on all the trouble areas.  Then you tell me who it is that can't get along with their neighbors.

And we're not even including places in the West that are experiencing all sorts of problems when they come here. 

Look at their economies, their society - especially their wretched societies, arts, education, government.  Face it, for the most part they are uncivilized people stuck in the 7th century.  This is not a group that has a religion separate from the rest of the way they operate in society - it is all encompassing unlike anything we are familiar with in the West.  No amount of insisting is going to change that.

I do understand the desire to feel good about one's self defending minorities and the downtrodden, being considered PC and all that.  But not at the expense of the truth.

For any rational person it isn't about PC, although that is always bandied about. What I find problematic is there are so many social problems in many of those areas that are just as likely to cause the violence that picking "being muslim" as the keystone may be erroneous. Is it part of the problem? well any fanaticism is not going to lend well to solving a problem.

If you circle those same areas and look at how many times they have been invaded and their ways of life destroyed it is just as easy to blame the lack of a stable environment for the cause.

Quote from: onan on September 13, 2013, 03:21:54 AM
For any rational person it isn't about PC, although that is always bandied about. What I find problematic is there are so many social problems in many of those areas that are just as likely to cause the violence that picking "being muslim" as the keystone may be erroneous. Is it part of the problem? well any fanaticism is not going to lend well to solving a problem.

If you circle those same areas and look at how many times they have been invaded and their ways of life destroyed it is just as easy to blame the lack of a stable environment for the cause.

Maybe.  People and societies are complex and it's never just one thing. 

But the correlation is overwhelming.  I don't think there are many places in the world that have not been war torn at one time or another, some very recently.  Go to somewhere like, say, Viet Nam or Cambodia, and the people are much different - the exact opposite - from what we're talking about.  And they aren't creating problems when they immigrate here.  There are many places where the Muslims and non-Moslems share the same history, but with the Muslims being much more violent, uncivilized, and unsuccessful as a society.  Compare the Moslems in Pakistan and India to the Hindu's in western India, or the Muslims of the former Soviet Caucasus mountain areas (Chechnya, Dagestan, Ossetia, etc) to the non-Muslims (Georgians, Armenians, etc).  The same dynamic is evident among the peoples in parts of western Africa, and among the peoples in parts of Eastern Africa.  And so on.

In the end it doesn't really matter why.  My whole point is why continue Muslim immigration when we can't tell the difference between our enemies and those who are peaceful and just want better lives.  Importing these people is not benefiting us in any way, but it is getting some of us killed.  I hate seeing these women with burkas and veils.  That's not America.  Those aren't people who want to assimilate.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 13, 2013, 03:54:00 AM
In the end it doesn't really matter why.  My whole point is why continue Muslim immigration when we can't tell the difference between our enemies and those who are peaceful and just want better lives.  Importing these people is not benefiting us in any way, but it is getting some of us killed.  I hate seeing these women with burkas and veils.  That's not America.  Those aren't people who want to assimilate.
It is scary.  Of these people, how many are here because we let Shia and Sunni worship as they will in peace and how many are pissed off in a half-assed attempt to create some new, Sharia-law based Caliphate the world over?