• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Widespread's Archive

Started by widespread1, September 10, 2013, 02:38:40 AM

widespread1

Quote from: jan78 on October 01, 2013, 02:23:26 PM
It's the July show. Listen from about 0:43 - 0:48 and you'll hear a number of things. Panic in Paris at a Nostradamus prediction, referring to a New York Times article "a few days ago" - I found it at http://www.nytimes.com/1999/07/06/world/paris-journal-an-old-prediction-speeds-france-s-annual-exodus.html. They talk about the Mir space station and things to be happening with it "in August" etc.

So redate it with confidence...

Nice thanks a million!

widespread1

Quote from: jan78 on October 01, 2013, 02:37:29 PM
Date change: this is 1999-11-03 - William Thomas (11-04 was Gary Schwartz).  Thanks!

Thanks again I will change it :)

Noble Eagle

Quote from: widespread1 on October 01, 2013, 03:02:27 PM
I was thinking that I would add it my current collection and offer that up as a more complete torrent but if people would prefer a torrent of the only shows that I am ripping
I can do that too.

My 2 cents: I think we should be creating big torrents that can be updated as needed. If smaller torrents with a bunch of shows are uploaded and then you get other, incomplete large torrents, then it can be really difficult for people who just want to get their hands on all the available shows.

widespread1

Quote from: Noble Eagle on October 01, 2013, 09:55:05 PM
My 2 cents: I think we should be creating big torrents that can be updated as needed. If smaller torrents with a bunch of shows are uploaded and then you get other, incomplete large torrents, then it can be really difficult for people who just want to get their hands on all the available shows.

I agree there must be a common consensus on the Tag format.  Then collect all available shows in one format and compare to the  list of shows and check them all off.
maybe include the checked off list in the torrent so people will know which ones they have and which ones are missing.

williedee

Quote from: Noble Eagle on October 01, 2013, 09:55:05 PM

I'm going to leave the definitive art bell torrent on a seedbox until widespread is finished. Then there will be a new torrent created with everything, including 2004-2010. It will probably be close to 40gb  ;D

from my big honkin c2c description file:

"7/15/99 Thu/Fri

2nd hour.... Michio Kaku joins Art in this hour and Art starts out by asking him what will it mean for us if we honor the theory of everything. Art and Michio also talk bout the Bubble theory, the multiuniverse theory and the Big Bang.
    3rd hour.... The discussion turns to the project NASA has planned to harpoon a comet. Michio also talks about the Cassini mission. Later in the hour, Michio talks about the dangers of producing anti-matter.
    4th hour.... Michio talks about the possibility of cloning and designer children and homosuperior. The discussion then turns to nuclear weapons and accidents.
    5th hour... Art tells Michio about his interview with Leonard Nimoy and asks Michio if he is shocked that so much of what was shown in the Star Trek series is eventually going to be real. Michio says the hardest to duplicate will be the transporter, though, Art says IBM is working on a theory. Later in the hour, Michio talks about us becoming a planetary civilization. Phone calls are taken with one caller asking Michio about the chaos theory. "

1999-xx-xx - Art Bell - Michio Kaku
planned to harpoon a comet 36min

Spinner

Quote from: jan78 on September 30, 2013, 04:04:04 PM
The 1996-09-25 S.I.T. show (Albert Taylor) is posted now.
Thanks, jan78!
The sound is very good. I'm glad that I can finally listen to the first hour. Very interesting, and it brought back lots of memories.

@ williedee: Maybe you should replace the bad-audio file you have in your archive with this good-audio file. Also, your file has the wrong date.

dan7800

Are you still posting 2013 shows? I travel a lot and like them on my iPhone when I don't have internet connection.

widespread1

Yes i will put them up once i get home.

widespread1

I haven't stopped working...
Just ripping a bunch of odds and ends
will post soon :)

williedee

Quote from: widespread1 on October 06, 2013, 12:04:44 PM
:)

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on October 06, 2013, 12:04:44 PM

Sounds exciting. I can't wait.

jan78

> thanks, jan78! The sound is very good. I'm glad that I can finally
> listen to the first hour. Very interesting, and it brought back lots of memories.<
to Spinner:
you're welcome - glad you enjoyed it.

Quote from: widespread1 on October 03, 2013, 01:00:41 PM
Download 1999-09-19 - Art Bell - Joyce Riley.mp3
Hi. This is for sure the 9/2/99 Joyce Riley show.

(1) News about Waco starts at 00:33 - matching the discussion on Waco on 9/2/99 here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020806025017/http://artbell.com/topics0999.html.
(2) There's some local and national news on the radio station it was recorded from, indicating the show is occurring on Friday 9/3 or Saturday 9/4, whereas 9/2/99 is a Thursday. It makes sense that the version recorded is the weekend replay.

Thanks so much.

jan78

Hi, widespread. Do you have the page that lists Dreamland shows from 7/26/98 - 4/25/99, on the Dreamland listings by Premiere Radio that you posted a few days ago?  That page is missing from the jpg scans--I hope it's not actually missing from the paper pages you scanned from. It would be page 8 in sequence.  If it's there, it would be terrific if you could scan and post it... thanks so much.

widespread1

Quote from: jan78 on October 08, 2013, 04:58:58 AM
> thanks, jan78! The sound is very good. I'm glad that I can finally
> listen to the first hour. Very interesting, and it brought back lots of memories.<
to Spinner:
you're welcome - glad you enjoyed it.
Hi. This is for sure the 9/2/99 Joyce Riley show.

(1) News about Waco starts at 00:33 - matching the discussion on Waco on 9/2/99 here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020806025017/http://artbell.com/topics0999.html.
(2) There's some local and national news on the radio station it was recorded from, indicating the show is occurring on Friday 9/3 or Saturday 9/4, whereas 9/2/99 is a Thursday. It makes sense that the version recorded is the weekend replay.

Thanks so much.

Thanks for the correction on this... I will correct it when I get home. :)

widespread1

Quote from: jan78 on October 08, 2013, 05:07:54 AM
Hi, widespread. Do you have the page that lists Dreamland shows from 7/26/98 - 4/25/99, on the Dreamland listings by Premiere Radio that you posted a few days ago?  That page is missing from the jpg scans--I hope it's not actually missing from the paper pages you scanned from. It would be page 8 in sequence.  If it's there, it would be terrific if you could scan and post it... thanks so much.

As soon as I get home I will check on this ok?

widespread1

here are some of the oddballs

I haven't cleaned the audio or anything yet.
I need some help finding out what all of this stuff is lol.
So please if anyone knows if they are already in a collection or finds out proper dates let me know.
I am getting kind of delirious and at this point I cant tell if I heard the show already or or if the tape flipped twice haha.
I see some tapes in the oddballs that have partial interviews something different on both sides like she was conserving tape and putting partials together so please keep an ear out for that too.

http://coast.willstare.com/data/public/c952a7.php

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on October 09, 2013, 07:36:03 PM
here are some of the oddballs

I haven't cleaned the audio or anything yet.
I need some help finding out what all of this stuff is lol.
So please if anyone knows if they are already in a collection or finds out proper dates let me know.
I am getting kind of delirious and at this point I cant tell if I heard the show already or or if the tape flipped twice haha.
I see some tapes in the oddballs that have partial interviews something different on both sides like she was conserving tape and putting partials together so please keep an ear out for that too.

http://coast.willstare.com/data/public/c952a7.php

Thank you. Once I have a listen I will see if I can nail down some dates. Don't stress.

Cynnie

Quote from: jazmunda on October 09, 2013, 09:31:47 PM
Today is like Christmas. An Art Bell Christmas. Thanks.  ;D

I love Santa!