• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Widespread's Archive

Started by widespread1, September 10, 2013, 02:38:40 AM

widespread1

Download 1999--01-25 - Art Bell - William Thomas.mp3

Had terrible audio quality.

I did what I could with it. It is still listenable.

williedee

Quote from: widespread1 on September 27, 2013, 06:25:42 PM

thanks for your hard work widespread.

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on September 27, 2013, 06:25:42 PM

I don't mind bad audio. As long as you can hear it then it's fine with me. I listened through some crappy audio but as long as we are hearing a lost classic then that is cool.

Is that 1998 done?

Thanks again for your hard work in bringing these to us. It's is truly an invaluable service. Have a nice weekend.

stenjay

Good grief, this is amazing.  Two questions:

1. Does anyone know the best way to stay on top of the latest uploads to Widespread's collection?  I liked that podcast feed that was set up, but it doesn't seem to be pulling all of them down (I'm getting a lot of 1997 shows and one 1995 show, but that's it).

2.  THIS is a stretch, but have any of my fellow nerds out there put together any type of comprehensive Excel spreadsheet of Art's Coast shows, along with in which archive the recordings can be found?  For instance, Widespread's, Gandalf's, etc.?  If I had more time than I do now, I would be all over this, but I just don't have that luxury at this point.  For completionist collectors, this would be a really useful tool.  I don't expect anyone to have done this, but just thought I would ask considering all of the effort folks are putting in.

Roswells, dudes and dudettes!

stenjay

Also, many thanks to all involved!

widespread1

Quote from: williedee on September 27, 2013, 07:32:01 PM
thanks for your hard work widespread.

My pleasure willie

Jazmunda

no that isnt it for any of the years yet ... I am trying to get all of the easily identifiable mostly complete shows out of the way first...
I think going through the odds and ends is going to be a different animal  trying to find matches and everything. what makes it difficult is a show has to be on two cassettes and over time some of them got mixed in with the crowd and it is hard to look through the entire collection to find a match for one cassette. So what I have been doing is first sorting all of them by date then comparing a box full of tapes to the large torrent collection that is out there already. I have been taping them up and labeling them if I see them in that large torrent collection or as I digitize them. Look at the very bottom picture you can see a collection of odd ones forming (those are  the ones that are not taped up) each year has odd ones like that. Hopefully once I get most of them out of the way I can start making matches or having you guys help me find dates on the odd ones.

widespread1

Quote from: stenjay on September 27, 2013, 09:46:16 PM
Good grief, this is amazing.  Two questions:

1. Does anyone know the best way to stay on top of the latest uploads to Widespread's collection?  I liked that podcast feed that was set up, but it doesn't seem to be pulling all of them down (I'm getting a lot of 1997 shows and one 1995 show, but that's it).

2.  THIS is a stretch, but have any of my fellow nerds out there put together any type of comprehensive Excel spreadsheet of Art's Coast shows, along with in which archive the recordings can be found?  For instance, Widespread's, Gandalf's, etc.?  If I had more time than I do now, I would be all over this, but I just don't have that luxury at this point.  For completionist collectors, this would be a really useful tool.  I don't expect anyone to have done this, but just thought I would ask considering all of the effort folks are putting in.

Roswells, dudes and dudettes!

Hey stenjay if you go to to first page of this thread there is a link to get the shows
also I have been trying with the help of some others here to make sure that I am not digitizing anything that is already in a collection. I would love to see that spreadsheet :)

stenjay

Quote from: widespread1 on September 27, 2013, 10:24:39 PM
Download 1999-02-18 - Art Bell - William Thomas.mp3

Thanks!  What I was getting at was actually figuring out how I can download, let's say, all of what has been posted on the link on the first page today, then be able to get the new ones that you post as they come out without having to come and look at this thread, then back at the list of downloads that I have already.  There is a ton of data here, so it could get a little confusing.  That said, if the podcast feed worked for all of the shows, it would be the easiest way to make sure that we're not missing any of your wonderful, hard work.  I hope that explains it.  We have a lot of smart folks around here, so I'm sure that someone has a solution that I'm too dim to figure out.

P.S. If I somehow retire early in the near future, count on my dorky index file, but until then, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to take that on.  You all will hear about it if I do, though.

widespread1

Gotcha.
Im not sure why the podcast thing isnt updating. I get the same thing with that.
As for the index of shows
This is the closest thing to a complete list that I have seen.. It is not at all complete but it is editable and a great place to start that project.

http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Coast_to_Coast_AM_-_Index_of_Shows

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on September 27, 2013, 10:16:33 PM
My pleasure willie

Jazmunda

no that isnt it for any of the years yet ... I am trying to get all of the easily identifiable mostly complete shows out of the way first...
I think going through the odds and ends is going to be a different animal  trying to find matches and everything. what makes it difficult is a show has to be on two cassettes and over time some of them got mixed in with the crowd and it is hard to look through the entire collection to find a match for one cassette. So what I have been doing is first sorting all of them by date then comparing a box full of tapes to the large torrent collection that is out there already. I have been taping them up and labeling them if I see them in that large torrent collection or as I digitize them. Look at the very bottom picture you can see a collection of odd ones forming (those are  the ones that are not taped up) each year has odd ones like that. Hopefully once I get most of them out of the way I can start making matches or having you guys help me find dates on the odd ones.

Thank you for that insight. It's very fascinating to see the process. A daunting but very special task you have taken on.

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on September 28, 2013, 01:14:22 AM
Thank you for that insight. It's very fascinating to see the process. A daunting but very special task you have taken on.
I was thinking that if there were any way to do it perhaps you could get Premiere to allow you to make a special cd set of those and also allow them to be made accessible to the Library of Congress and their program of books for the blind and visually impaired. My Mother who has rapidly occurring Macular Degenreration has books sent to her that way that she listens to.
Thanks for preserving these moments in radio and AB history.

Falkie2013

Quote from: casioson on September 18, 2013, 07:54:37 PM
like in 2001... But i don't have all the tapes.... I have only tapes from 2007.. My older tapes were lost in a house fire on may-6th-2006... :-(  The night of the "john titor update show"
The fire was obviously set by the MIB & the Shadow Government because you were learning too much by listening to Art.

Falkie2013

Quote from: casioson on September 19, 2013, 02:06:32 PM
Yeah? I don't think any of the 2007 tapes are even worth keeping... there  just junk...
My setup was really cool.. I had it set up to record on its own when i was asleep so i could listen when i got home from school. in the summers i would listen live...

you plug the audio out from the radio to the Vcr's audio in then you plug the audio out from the Vcr to the Aux in on the radio... you need a video source or the VRC shuts off... so i had a video cam plugged into the video in the Vcr... so the video on the tapes is me sleeping.. lol... You would use the Program timer on the Vcr to program the recording time.. to do that you needed a TV plugged into the Vcr to navigate the menus.... I worked this all out in 2001.. I was like 16 years old... I have a good way with tech...
You should see if any of that footage is available of you sleeping and then post it on You Tube as George Noory's biggest fan listens to George Noory.

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on September 28, 2013, 01:14:22 AM

My very retro Prius has a cassette deck. If you want to send me some tapes I could send you some money and see if I could listen to classic Art before I get to listen to new Art once I get my Sirius radio.
It kind of amazes me. We didn't have a car with a radio for years. Now my gf is listening to Gawdawful rock stuff that I think sounds like someone being tortured at Gitmo.
I didn't think we'd start arguing about music when we got this car. My tastes lie to Sinatra, crooners, big band and show tunes, hers to Steppenwolf whom I've never heard. I stoped listening to rock about 1970 or so when they were killing live chickens on stage. Except for Chicago, Abba, and things I find I like once I heard them from Weird Al or Doctor Demento.

widespread1

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 28, 2013, 01:55:31 AM
My very retro Prius has a cassette deck. If you want to send me some tapes I could send you some money and see if I could listen to classic Art before I get to listen to new Art once I get my Sirius radio.
It kind of amazes me. We didn't have a car with a radio for years. Now my gf is listening to Gawdawful rock stuff that I think sounds like someone being tortured at Gitmo.
I didn't think we'd start arguing about music when we got this car. My tastes lie to Sinatra, crooners, big band and show tunes, hers to Steppenwolf whom I've never heard. I stoped listening to rock about 1970 or so when they were killing live chickens on stage. Except for Chicago, Abba, and things I find I like once I heard them from Weird Al or Doctor Demento.

you know I have considered auctioning them off on ebay once I am done with them.
Im not sure anybody would be interested in them though.

Download 1999-05-06 - Art Bell - William Thomas.mp3

widespread1

could someone please help me locate a date for Michio Kaku sometime in 1999

jan78

Quote from: widespread1 on September 28, 2013, 04:59:31 PM
could someone please help me locate a date for Michio Kaku sometime in 1999

It could be either:

7-15-99 Michio Kaku

3-25-99 Michio Kaku, which is a rebroadcast from 12/15/98

widespread1

Quote from: jan78 on September 28, 2013, 06:38:50 PM
It could be either:

7-15-99 Michio Kaku

Sweet
Thank you so much :)

jazmunda

Quote from: jan78 on September 28, 2013, 06:38:50 PM
It could be either:

7-15-99 Michio Kaku

I don't have either of those episodes so if you have them then that would be great.

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on September 29, 2013, 03:11:00 AM
Download 1999-xx-xx - Art Bell - Michio Kaku.mp3

please let me know if you pinpoint the date

Is it just the interview? I can usually pinpoint an episode based on the news in the first hour. I will listen later and see if I can pick up any information from the interview.

widespread1

He immediately introduces Michio in the beginning but there are a grip of commercials in the end. I believe somewhere there was a commercial announcing some show in a couple of weeks some time in July. I am thinking it might be the July show but would like a confirmation.

Spinner

In preparation for next week's interview of Albert Taylor, I was going to listen to a couple  of old shows. So I fire up the one from 9-25-1996, and omg, the audio for the first hour is terrible! Practically unlistenable.

Does anyone know where I can get this show with good audio?
1996-09-25  Albert Taylor - Sleep Paralysis and OBEs

Thanks in advance  :)

(P.S. I've seen it with a wrong date of 9-29-1996 - OBEs)

widespread1

Quote from: Spinner on September 29, 2013, 11:37:45 AM
In preparation for next week's interview of Albert Taylor, I was going to listen to a couple  of old shows. So I fire up the one from 9-25-1996, and omg, the audio for the first hour is terrible! Practically unlistenable.

1996-09-25  Albert Taylor - OBEs

hmmm I dont have that show... would you mind uploading that one for me?
I will keep an eye out for that one in this collection.

Download 1999-12-08 - Art Bell - Richard Hoagland.mp3

Spinner

Sure. If you can tell me how.  :)

I just added that I've seen it with a wrong date of 9-29-1996 - OBEs, but it really was 9-25
Maybe you should wait to see if we can get a good file from someone else? That way we don't spread this one with the bad audio.

widespread1

Quote from: Spinner on September 29, 2013, 12:00:29 PM
Sure. If you can tell me how.  :)

I just added that I've seen it with a wrong date of 9-29-1996 - OBEs, but it really was 9-25
Maybe you should wait to see if we can get a good file from someone else? That way we don't spread this one with the bad audio.

ok I have that show mine is labeled 1996-09-29 as well, Same bad audio in the beginning. I will keep an eye out for that one.

jan78

Quote from: Spinner on September 29, 2013, 11:37:45 AM
1996-09-25  Albert Taylor - Sleep Paralysis and OBEs

(P.S. I've seen it with a wrong date of 9-29-1996 - OBEs)

Al Taylor, one of my favorite guests - looking forward to him this week.

I have 1996-09-25 with good audio, as a S.I.T. show.

How shall I upload it?