• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Widespread's Archive

Started by widespread1, September 10, 2013, 02:38:40 AM

widespread1

Quote from: Morgus on September 17, 2013, 04:09:27 PM
Thanks for uploading a single mp3 file of Art Bell's new show from Sirius from yesterday.
However that appears to have the ad breaks included for 4 hours.
FYI, if you can record from the Sirius on-demand archive version. it  has the ad breaks removed.

lol oooooooooooook
let me get right on that.  ???

Quote from: Morgus on September 17, 2013, 04:09:27 PM
Thanks for uploading a single mp3 file of Art Bell's new show from Sirius from yesterday.
However that appears to have the ad breaks included for 4 hours.
FYI, if you can record from the Sirius on-demand archive version. it  has the ad breaks removed.

I'm sure a commercial-free version will be soon available out there on the high seas.

jazmunda

Thanks. Keep em coming. Some of these classics are classics.

Morgus

Quote from: NIN2 on September 18, 2013, 03:08:20 AM
I am d/ling this right now is this the Tuesday night show?  not sure what saucy mention means?
that is probably just a clip from the last hour (open lines) of last night's show when a caller mentioned some bellgab members.

I want commercial free shows
I also want somebody from coastgab to chew my food for me then deposit it in my mouth in a robin-like fashion

complainers are never contributors

jan78

Hi there.  These old shows are fantastic!  Thanks for sharing them and for all your work converting.

Here are some minor nits:

The Robert Preston show 1997-12-17, ends at the bottom of the final hour. Last 22 minutes is silent.

date corrections:
1997-12-04 Richard Hoagland - not 12-14
1997-11-07 Nick Begich - not 11-08

If this is a pain I won't do it but I always do it for myself with new shows (verify dates), so figured I'd share. I'm so jazzed about your shows.

Art's old website is a good help to verify dates:
http://web.archive.org/web/20021207125748/http://www.artbell.com/oldtopics.html

Best wishes.

Also as you will see, the 1998-02-25 Hoagland show posted yesterday has to be some other date (2-25 is Loren Coleman), and I don't think the date is 2-23 (even though that is Hoagland), at least not from listening to the show contents so far. I could be wrong, but will keep on it.

widespread1

Hey thanks a lot for the heads up on the dates. What I think she did was use the dates of the following morning on a lot of these shows. I appreciate very much people keeping an eye out for these mistakes. I will make the corrections.
Thanks again and please keep your eye open for any more. :)

casioson

Thank you sir! I love seeing all them old audio tapes.
When i was in high school i would record the show on to 6 hour VHS tapes.
Well i did it all the way till 2007...

I would turn them into audio files if i could find a working VCR

jazmunda

Quote from: casioson on September 18, 2013, 07:42:40 PM

When did you start?

casioson

like in 2001... But i don't have all the tapes.... I have only tapes from 2007.. My older tapes were lost in a house fire on may-6th-2006... :-(  The night of the "john titor update show"

williedee

Quote from: casioson on September 18, 2013, 07:54:37 PM
like in 2001... But i don't have all the tapes.... I have only tapes from 2007.. My older tapes were lost in a house fire on may-6th-2006... :-(  The night of the "john titor update show"

oh man that really sucks :(

Queen

The d/l of last night show was missing the last 15 mins or so. But thank you for posting it anyway.  I found the last 15 mins on pirate bay today, i didnt miss much other then art not clearing a call at the end of the show right LOL ooops new studio error lol.  he tells the guy goodbye or something and you can hear him still talking over art LOL. Arts a little rusty few kinks here and there.

dan7800

Quote from: NIN2 on September 18, 2013, 10:11:18 PM
The d/l of last night show was missing the last 15 mins or so. But thank you for posting it anyway.  I found the last 15 mins on pirate bay today, i didnt miss much other then art not clearing a call at the end of the show right LOL ooops new studio error lol.  he tells the guy goodbye or something and you can hear him still talking over art LOL. Arts a little rusty few kinks here and there.

Will the 9/18 show (And all new shows) be going into the Archive?

casioson

thanks for your hard work....

casioson

Quote from: dan7800 on September 19, 2013, 05:17:11 AM
Will the 9/18 show (And all new shows) be going into the Archive?

I hope so... :-)

jan78

You're most welcome. 
Quote from: widespread1 on September 18, 2013, 12:51:35 PM
What I think she did was use the dates of the following morning on a lot of these shows
Seen that a lot. At least there's a method to doing it that way. Some of the bad dates that are out there make no sense at all :P

On further listening the 2/23/98 date on the Hoagland show seems to me to be correct (changed from 2/25).

casioson

Can't wait to hear the 9/18 show

SaucyRossy

Quote from: casioson on September 18, 2013, 07:42:40 PM

I have a working VCR

I think two actually.

casioson

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 19, 2013, 01:50:37 PM
I have a working VCR

I think two actually.

Yeah? I don't think any of the 2007 tapes are even worth keeping... there  just junk...
My setup was really cool.. I had it set up to record on its own when i was asleep so i could listen when i got home from school. in the summers i would listen live...

you plug the audio out from the radio to the Vcr's audio in then you plug the audio out from the Vcr to the Aux in on the radio... you need a video source or the VRC shuts off... so i had a video cam plugged into the video in the Vcr... so the video on the tapes is me sleeping.. lol... You would use the Program timer on the Vcr to program the recording time.. to do that you needed a TV plugged into the Vcr to navigate the menus.... I worked this all out in 2001.. I was like 16 years old... I have a good way with tech...

dan7800

Quote from: widespread1 on September 19, 2013, 02:04:59 PM
      2013-09-18 - Art Bell - Jonathon Reed    http://coast.willstare.com/data/public/655cfa.php

Thank you!

I've been a Sirius subscriber for years and now fall asleep listening to the show. When I come to work, I want to listen to what I've missed and the Sirius app is blocked by the company firewall. Your site lets me actually listen to the show.

Thanks!

Morgus

Thanks very much for the downloadable mp3's of each episode in four parts (one per hour of the show) and with ad breaks removed.
http://coast.willstare.com/widespread/Complete/2013/

widespread1

you are very welcome.

I am sorry for not pumping out these old tapes as fast my six year old boy came down with something.  :(     I will be back on it soon.

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on September 19, 2013, 04:20:56 PM
you are very welcome.

I am sorry for not pumping out these old tapes as fast my six year old boy came down with something.  :(     I will be back on it soon.

No problem. Family is more important.

williedee

Quote from: jazmunda on September 19, 2013, 04:29:57 PM
No problem. Family is more important.

You got that right. You're doing a wonderful job widespread! :)