• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Widespread's Archive

Started by widespread1, September 10, 2013, 02:38:40 AM

widespread1

Quote from: williedee on September 11, 2013, 07:37:54 PM
Because i'm lame I made a script that copies the mp3's widespread uploads to a different folder where a podcast generator parses them and makes them available to download. So in theory you could subscribe to the podcast and get the new uploads automatically downloaded into itunes or whatever you use.

To subscribe just add this http://coast.willstare.com/podcast/feed.xml to your favorite podcast manager.

Haha nice!

widespread1

Uploaded       1997-12-18 - Art Bell - David Oats
                      1997-12-08 - Art Bell - Stan Daeo    (Incomplete)  (Audio is kind of funky in the beginning and then gets a little better) (Cant get rid of background noise)

Please let me know if I am misspelling names or If they are already in another collection or anything like that.

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on September 12, 2013, 12:02:04 AM
Uploaded       1997-12-18 - Art Bell - David Oats
                      1997-12-08 - Art Bell - Stan Daeo    (Incomplete)  (Audio is kind of funky in the beginning and then gets a little better) (Cant get rid of background noise)

Please let me know if I am misspelling names or If they are already in another collection or anything like that.

It's Stan Deyo.

I don't mind funky audio. As long as you can hear a lost classic then that's fine.

Once again thank you so much for this service.

This is like Christmas every day.

Thank Mrs Widespread for allowing you to do this.

williedee

Quote from: jazmunda on September 12, 2013, 02:56:52 AM
It's Stan Deyo.

I don't mind funky audio. As long as you can hear a lost classic then that's fine.

Once again thank you so much for this service.

This is like Christmas every day.

Thank Mrs Widespread for allowing you to do this.

I too find all of this very exciting  ;D

Quote from: mikealden on September 12, 2013, 09:45:49 AM
I'm going to third this.

Agreed. So great to have *new* classic shows finding their way out. Widespread's archive is what prompted me to back through my old tapes. Can't wait to listen to all this stuff!

widespread1

uploaded               1997-11-08 - Art Bell - Nick Begich

widespread1

Uploaded  1997-11-06 - Art Bell - William Henry   (Earth Changes, Spirituality, Our original origins, Prophesy's about second coming) 1 0f 2

Incomplete folder

soulburner

This... this is almost as good as Art Bell announcing his return. Thank you!

widespread1

Quote from: soulburner on September 12, 2013, 01:35:11 PM
This... this is almost as good as Art Bell announcing his return. Thank you!

you are most welcome...

There is still a lot to come :)

widespread1

uploaded  to unknown folder                Stan Deyo (Cont.) 2 0f 2    (That is all the info)

Can someone give a go at pinpointing a Date and year on this one?
It maybe part of the 1997-12-08 - Art Bell - Stan Deyo  Show located in the incomplete folder but I am unsure.

widespread1

Uploaded to incomplete folder    1997-11-01 - Art Bell - Harlot (satanist)   

It is missing close to an hours worth

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on September 12, 2013, 06:34:44 PM
Uploaded to incomplete folder    1997-11-01 - Art Bell - Harlot (satanist)   

It is missing close to an hours worth

Do you know if this is a different interview to the other Harlot interview (1997-10-23)?

I was never aware that there was more than one interview with Harlot. Perhaps this one is a repeat?

I will have to check it out after work.

Once again ...... Thank you Thank you Thank you.

widespread1

ok I see it. Once i am done ripping this one I will give that one a listen and compare them.

widespread1

Quote from: jazmunda on September 12, 2013, 06:48:25 PM
Do you know if this is a different interview to the other Harlot interview (1997-10-23)?

I was never aware that there was more than one interview with Harlot. Perhaps this one is a repeat?

I will have to check it out after work.

Once again ...... Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Yes Sir it was the same one     Thanks for the heads up

widespread1

Uploaded                1997-09-25 - Guy Finley

gandalf50

Hi Widespread. I really appreciate the effort you're putting in for the group.
I have noticed a few issues with some of your uploads though
the 1997-12-14 - Art Bell - Richard Hoagland.mp3 starts fading out at about 45 minutes in
and the pitch is really out on the 1997-11-08 - Art Bell - Nick Begich.mp3
I can adjust the pitch but the fade out is difficult to correct.
Also these seem to be interviews only. Is that all that is on the tapes?[attachimg=1]

phrodo

Quote from: widespread1 on September 12, 2013, 10:42:18 AM
uploaded               1997-11-08 - Art Bell - Nick Begich

Thanks for doing this for us all!!  Got a question .. is it me or does Art sound kinda slow on that tape with Begich? Sampled some others and they sound normal but that one sounds like Art was not feeling well?

gandalf50

Quote from: phrodo on September 12, 2013, 10:13:39 PM
Thanks for doing this for us all!!  Got a question .. is it me or does Art sound kinda slow on that tape with Begich? Sampled some others and they sound normal but that one sounds like Art was not feeling well?
That's what i was referring to above. I have adjusted the pitch. You just got on my copy share will upload there.

phrodo

Quote from: gandalf50 on September 12, 2013, 10:16:15 PM
That's what i was referring to above. I have adjusted the pitch. You just got on my copy share will upload there.

Ahh - yes ... and Thanks again! ... evidently you were posting the above while I was typing... BTW - I type like lightning = I never hit the same key twice...  :-\

widespread1

Quote from: gandalf50 on September 12, 2013, 10:09:05 PM
the 1997-12-14 - Art Bell - Richard Hoagland.mp3 starts fading out at about 45 minutes in
Also these seem to be interviews only. Is that all that is on the tapes?[attachimg=1]
you know i think the battery started dying when that faded out like that. I am working with an old walkman at the moment. I can redo that one if it is too annoying.
I also did notice the off pitch on the other one. I am pretty sure it was due to the tape being tight.

are you referring to the commercials being edited out?
I am giving them to you as they are. I am not editing anything out. The person who gave them to me edited them with a cassette deck for
years and years. I know people are fond of the commercials and everything but this is the way they came. Is this considered Sub-Par?

mikealden

Quote from: gandalf50 on September 12, 2013, 10:09:05 PM

Thanks for fixing the pitch on this one. Look forward to the upload.

mikealden

Quote from: widespread1 on September 12, 2013, 10:33:59 PM
I am giving them to you as they are. I am not editing anything out. The person who gave them to me edited them with a cassette deck for
years and years. I know people are fond of the commercials and everything but this is the way they came. Is this considered Sub-Par?

Nope not sub-par at all! I think he's just referring to the fact that these tapes just start with the guest instead of having the opening theme and pre-amble.

Thanks again for doing all this work. It really is like Christmas with all these great interviews surfacing AND a new show starting soon!

jazmunda

Hey Widespread, Do you have any tapes from 2000 in that collection?

jazmunda

Also i have the first hour of the Guy Finley show with Ramona. Not sure what the best way to get that to people is?

gandalf50

Quote from: widespread1 on September 12, 2013, 10:33:59 PM
you know i think the battery started dying when that faded out like that. I am working with an old walkman at the moment. I can redo that one if it is too annoying.
I also did notice the off pitch on the other one. I am pretty sure it was due to the tape being tight.

Please don't take offense. Was just curious . They start abruptly and end that way some times. I do appreciate the effort and hey beggars cant be choosy. These are still a great find of rare Art bells.

gandalf50

Quote from: mikealden on September 12, 2013, 10:40:28 PM
Thanks for fixing the pitch on this one. Look forward to the upload.
I can only put it on my copy site unless Willedee gives me some permissions to upload to a folder on the site.

widespread1

Quote from: gandalf50 on September 12, 2013, 11:03:16 PM
Please don't take offense. Was just curious . They start abruptly and end that way some times. I do appreciate the effort and hey beggars cant be choosy. These are still a great find of rare Art bells.

oh none taken man no worries. :) I just signed up for the shared folder thing from your link... lets link it up and maybe you can help me with the audio.

williedee

Quote from: gandalf50 on September 12, 2013, 11:05:32 PM
I can only put it on my copy site unless Willedee gives me some permissions to upload to a folder on the site.

pm sent

The last shows I left off on before Funklbaldy got the plug pulled on him were around mid-late '96. If you have any from that point on, I'd love to hear em! Thank you for doing your part to satisfy us Art Bell addicts, and let's hope the new show goes just as well!

"From the high desert, in the great American southwest..." -My favorite words I loved to hear at 12:05 CT every night. Thank God I'll soon be able to hear em again!