• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Widespread's Archive

Started by widespread1, September 10, 2013, 02:38:40 AM

steelbot

Got a place I can throw some files willie - send me a private msg if ya would - Thanks

mikealden

Looks like this guy has a huge old collection of shows (including Area 2000 audio). Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/strangevideos/audiolist.html

williedee

Quote from: mikealden on October 21, 2013, 04:03:25 PM
Looks like this guy has a huge old collection of shows (including Area 2000 audio). Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/strangevideos/audiolist.html

I shot him an email, who knows how long ago that page was posted though haha. I'll let ya'll know if he ever gets back to me.

jazmunda

Quote from: williedee on October 21, 2013, 06:40:40 PM
I shot him an email, who knows how long ago that page was posted though haha. I'll let ya'll know if he ever gets back to me.

I emailed him too and immediately received a failed to send email back.

Oh well. A few years ago I found a site on the net that listed a very complete collection of Art Bell shows pre-2000.

Much more complete than anything we have. I emailed the guy but never received anything back. It looked like the site hadn't been touched in year and now I can't find it anywhere. Looks like it's lost somewhere in time.

williedee

Quote from: jazmunda on October 21, 2013, 06:47:53 PM
I emailed him too and immediately received a failed to send email back.

Oh well. A few years ago I found a site on the net that listed a very complete collection of Art Bell shows pre-2000.

Much more complete than anything we have. I emailed the guy but never received anything back. It looked like the site hadn't been touched in year and now I can't find it anywhere. Looks like it's lost somewhere in time.

yeah same here. :(

was it the anomolies archive?

jazmunda

Quote from: williedee on October 21, 2013, 07:43:49 PM
yeah same here. :(

was it the anomolies archive?

nope. got all of those.

It was a site of a guy who listed all the tapes he had from C2CAM.

When I found it a few years ago it had many shows that I was looking for.

He was open to trades but he must have closed up shop long before I got there.

mikealden

Quote from: jazmunda on October 21, 2013, 08:27:47 PM
nope. got all of those.

It was a site of a guy who listed all the tapes he had from C2CAM.

When I found it a few years ago it had many shows that I was looking for.

He was open to trades but he must have closed up shop long before I got there.

It's kind of crazy to think of the collections that are probably stored away out there...

zeebo

Quote from: Spinner on October 20, 2013, 12:38:47 AM
williedee:
I won't presume to speak for every active member of this forum, but I think most of us sincerely appreciate what you and widespread are making possible here.
I know I do. :)

I second this.  Much thanks and positive vibes to both widespread & williedee for their efforts. 

jazmunda

Quote from: mikealden on October 21, 2013, 09:18:35 PM
It's kind of crazy to think of the collections that are probably stored away out there...

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the British TV Show Doctor Who but there were about 108 missing episodes as back in the 60s they didn't think it was necessary to keep the episodes on film as there was no thing as replays in those days. Over the years episodes have turned up in Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand and other places.

Just recently there was a massive haul in Kenya of all places and 6 of 6 episodes from one serial (shows of doctor who were either 4, 6 or 8 episodes that made up a serial) turned up and  3 of 4 from another serial.

The episodes were from the 60s so it was a massive find and I had a ball over the weekend watching truly lost classics that were found somewhere in time.

You can read about lost episodes being found here: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/10/14/doctor_who_lost_episodes_now_on_itunes_enemy_of_the_world_and_web_of_fear.html

Jackstar

<-- <3

Quote from: jazmunda on October 22, 2013, 12:15:13 AM
I'm not sure if you are familiar with the British TV Show Doctor Who

mikealden

Quote from: jazmunda on October 22, 2013, 12:15:13 AM
I'm not sure if you are familiar with the British TV Show Doctor Who but there were about 108 missing episodes as back in the 60s they didn't think it was necessary to keep the episodes on film as there was no thing as replays in those days. Over the years episodes have turned up in Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand and other places.

Just recently there was a massive haul in Kenya of all places and 6 of 6 episodes from one serial (shows of doctor who were either 4, 6 or 8 episodes that made up a serial) turned up and  3 of 4 from another serial.

The episodes were from the 60s so it was a massive find and I had a ball over the weekend watching truly lost classics that were found somewhere in time.

You can read about lost episodes being found here: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/10/14/doctor_who_lost_episodes_now_on_itunes_enemy_of_the_world_and_web_of_fear.html

I had been keeping up with that story. Love the show. Very interesting how those episodes were found after all this time!

Desmond

I've been away a bit but I re-read this thread and I'm still not sure what happened.

Has the Widespread1 archive project ended or was access taken away?  I get error messages on all the links that seemed to work before.

My apology if I have missed something obvious but I am puzzled.

williedee

If you're getting errors, that's probably my fault, I updated the software and it seems to have changed more than I would have liked. If you go to the first post, you should still be able to see everything that widespread has uploaded to his folder.

I just looked through the logs, and it appears that widespread deleted his folder yesterday.

widespread1

Dont worry. MV mentioned that he would like to keep all of the show labels the same so I am just relabeling everything to include the show name to keep them in the same format as the rest of the shows. They will be uploaded when I get finished with that.

williedee

Ah I see. I was getting a little worried haha.

Desmond

I was afraid I was going to miss out on some gems.  Thanks to both of you for the information.

jazmunda

The archive is empty.

Has it been raided?

widespread1

No I just renamed all the files to include the show name and I am uploading them right this moment. :)
most of them should be accessible now.

williedee

Quote from: widespread1 on October 26, 2013, 12:35:10 AM
No I just renamed all the files to include the show name and I am uploading them right this moment. :)

You're the best Widespread!

I've got some special stuff that I'll be announcing soon related to all of the file's i've got now.

Here's a riddle for ya'll..
What contains 1000+ single show files (named, tagged and sorted), around 3000 hours of content, gigabytes of bonus material, and spans 1992-2010?

widespread1

Quote from: williedee on October 26, 2013, 12:43:49 AM

I've got some special stuff that I'll be announcing soon related to all of the file's i've got now.

What contains 1000+ single show files (named, tagged and sorted), around 3000 hours of content, gigabytes of bonus material, and spans 1992-2010?

WooHoo!!! :)

jazmunda

That's sounds great!

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on October 26, 2013, 12:35:10 AM

Not just in the widespread archive.

I'm not seeing anything in any of the other archives either.

Noble Eagle

:o *drools*

williedee

Quote from: jazmunda on October 26, 2013, 05:02:32 AM
Not just in the widespread archive.

I'm not seeing anything in any of the other archives either.
since the old folder was deleted, all of the links will be dead i think

widespread1

Quote from: williedee on October 26, 2013, 09:59:40 AM
since the old folder was deleted, all of the links will be dead i think
Sorry about that. I didnt think about that. I was trying to rename them via the browser, was like ah f%% £ it and deleted it in haste.

williedee

Quote from: widespread1 on October 26, 2013, 10:25:14 AM
Sorry about that. I didnt think about that. I was trying to rename them via the browser, was like ah f%% £ it and deleted it in haste.
aw man that sucks.

i've been using bulk rename utility and mp3tag, they're seriously some of the most amazing programs i've ever used.