• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Widespread's Archive

Started by widespread1, September 10, 2013, 02:38:40 AM

widespread1

is live
More shows will be added as they are digitized
Enjoy :)

http://coast.willstare.com/data/public/5d6d86.php

Preserving these tapes is a truly daunting task.   If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a cup of coffee you can make a small donation here.

jazmunda

You sir are my new hero. I hope my donation finds you well. Enjoy those cups of coffee.

You don't understand how important these lost episodes are to us hardcore collectors.

I also approve of you naming convention of YYYY-MM-DD - Art Bell - Topic or Guest (if regular).

I tend to leave out Art Bell because I don't collect the episodes of the other hosts.

Renaldo

Very nice, I'll check this out tonight!

williedee

I'll throw another link up http://coast.willstare.com/widespread/Complete/

Ya'll can use that link with download managers or whatever, as the list will eventually grow.

aldousburbank

Widespread, your avatar. I'm no chemist, but I'm a fucking hippie, and I'm thinking that's the same stuff that made me go awol from the scorpion army, grow my hair, change my name, marry 3 wives, start an alpaca commune, and become a pain in The Man's ass. Bonk or Ding?

widespread1

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 10, 2013, 09:30:22 AM
Widespread, your avatar. I'm no chemist, but I'm a fucking hippie, and I'm thinking that's the same stuff that made me go awol from the scorpion army, grow my hair, change my name, marry 3 wives, start an alpaca commune, and become a pain in The Man's ass. Bonk or Ding?

Haha you are probably right ;)

Foodlion

I maybe have only made a C+ in Organic Chemistry, but I think you're right except for 1 thing. Alpacas are the old fad. llama communes FTW.

widespread1

Most of the 1997 shows.
The taped ones are already in torrents
the rest are new old shows! :)

Another show will be available shortly

aldousburbank

Quote from: Foodlion on September 10, 2013, 09:36:55 AM
Alpacas are the old fad. llama communes FTW.
Yeh but the Dalai Llama commune are all short hairs. We don't roll that way.

widespread1

Quote from: jazmunda on September 10, 2013, 05:17:40 AM
You sir are my new hero. I hope my donation finds you well. Enjoy those cups of coffee.

You don't understand how important these lost episodes are to us hardcore collectors.

I also approve of you naming convention of YYYY-MM-DD - Art Bell - Topic or Guest (if regular).

I tend to leave out Art Bell because I don't collect the episodes of the other hosts.

You are awesome dude thanks a million!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: widespread1 on September 10, 2013, 09:37:11 AM

Most of the 1997 shows.
The taped ones are already in torrents
the rest are new old shows! :)

Another show will be available shortly

Look at all of those beautiful babies!!!

Foodlion

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 10, 2013, 09:42:59 AM
Yeh but the Dalai Llama commune are all short hairs. We don't roll that way.
Tried it

I just attracted too many ladys. My wife said it's me or the fro! So the fro's got to go.

widespread1

Haha  :P

Oh by the way Richard Hoagland is full of steam.

mikealden

Quote from: williedee on September 10, 2013, 08:46:48 AM
I'll throw another link up http://coast.willstare.com/widespread/Complete/

Ya'll can use that link with download managers or whatever, as the list will eventually grow.

Thanks a million for hosting these!

widespread1

Im not sure if you have heard of this guy but it is a fantastic little bonus to this collection
http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/goodman-obit/
This short article calls him Art Bell's Predecessor on Coast to Coast but His show was called Billy Goodman's Happening
Art seems to have taken right after this guy
Very cool

Im glad the official c2c website is archeiving all of George Noory's shows. So that in 15 years we can all look back and see

GEORGE NOORY SUCKS

driton

Thanks so much for announcing this find. It took me about 5 years to amass my collection,and now youll be adding a good amount to it!
I just moved so im without internet for the time being but ill be more then happy to assist in the decoding of the unnamed files.
2 kids in high school and just moved 30 miles away= im a broke s.o.b.

widespread1

Quote from: driton on September 10, 2013, 02:50:03 PM
Thanks so much for announcing this find. It took me about 5 years to amass my collection,and now youll be adding a good amount to it!
I just moved so im without internet for the time being but ill be more then happy to assist in the decoding of the unnamed files.
2 kids in high school and just moved 30 miles away= im a broke s.o.b.

Its is my pleasure man :)

widespread1

There are a few talks Art had with Terrence on the subject :)

420desert

two methyls, a tryptamine, and a little classic art bell is a perfect night.

aldousburbank

Quote from: widespread1 on September 10, 2013, 05:41:39 PM
There are a few talks Art had with Terrence on the subject :)
Heh, I had many a good talk with Terence over a bowl. Miss him all the time.

widespread1

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 10, 2013, 06:48:36 PM
Heh, I had many a good talk with Terence over a bowl. Miss him all the time.

Really? you two were friends?

widespread1

Thanks for the donation admin! much appreciated :)

mikealden

Quote from: widespread1 on September 10, 2013, 10:42:23 AM
Im not sure if you have heard of this guy but it is a fantastic little bonus to this collection
http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/goodman-obit/
This short article calls him Art Bell's Predecessor on Coast to Coast but His show was called Billy Goodman's Happening
Art seems to have taken right after this guy
Very cool

Just listened to the one you just posted. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing it!

aldousburbank

Quote from: widespread1 on September 10, 2013, 07:01:46 PM
Really? you two were friends?
Buds yes. Common acquaintences as well. He ran a wide circle before he was popular and there we all were. I also happened to be there when he and Dr Leary first met in person, his first talk in NYC, and a few precious private weekends over the years. I have lots of his unpublished stuff on cassette- including somewhere the 3(?) talks with Art on air. The last one was near the mortal end and as you would expect, Art does an honorable and intense "friends on the air" interview that felt like the three of you were in the same room. The eschatological finesse they displayed was sweet and humbling. All extra-normal word nerd awesome rap aside, this was among Terence's AND Art's finest work IMO.

SaucyRossy

Listening now and the audio quality on these are BRILLIANT. Better than most SIT episodes. Thank you so much.

widespread1

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 10, 2013, 10:00:14 PM
Buds yes. Common acquaintences as well. He ran a wide circle before he was popular and there we all were. I also happened to be there when he and Dr Leary first met in person, his first talk in NYC, and a few precious private weekends over the years. I have lots of his unpublished stuff on cassette- including somewhere the 3(?) talks with Art on air. The last one was near the mortal end and as you would expect, Art does an honorable and intense "friends on the air" interview that felt like the three of you were in the same room. The eschatological finesse they displayed was sweet and humbling. All extra-normal word nerd awesome rap aside, this was among Terence's AND Art's finest work IMO.
He is one of my heroes you know!
I would love to hear them tapes :)
I miss him too
Yeah I have that recording and listened to it recently... I think they had given him 30 days and he called Art and calmly told him his situation. :( 

williedee

Because i'm lame I made a script that copies the mp3's widespread uploads to a different folder where a podcast generator parses them and makes them available to download. So in theory you could subscribe to the podcast and get the new uploads automatically downloaded into itunes or whatever you use.

To subscribe just add this http://coast.willstare.com/podcast/feed.xml to your favorite podcast manager.

heater

Quote from: williedee on September 11, 2013, 07:37:54 PM
Because i'm lame I made a script that copies the mp3's widespread uploads to a different folder where a podcast generator parses them and makes them available to download. So in theory you could subscribe to the podcast and get the new uploads automatically downloaded into itunes or whatever you use.

To subscribe just add this http://coast.willstare.com/podcast/feed.xml to your favorite podcast manager.

You rock!