• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I scored an epic collection of Art Bell shows from a fan recently

Started by widespread1, September 08, 2013, 02:46:19 AM

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on September 09, 2013, 03:25:40 PM
That comes as a bit of a relief williedee. May I ask for suggestions on how to make this as organized as possible? I am familiar with ftp if we can just make me a folder to put them all in or would it be better to simply upload to a thread in the forum as I rip them?

You should contact Gandalf50 from this forum. He has pretty much all the current torrent files in a cloud that he shares (when you sign up for free to the cloud using his link he gets extra storage). I'm sure you guys could come to some arrangement with hosting these new classic shows.

Insanity

Great!

Have you listened to any of the early 90's stuff? When did coast start anyway?

widespread1

I have only listened to one show with Terrence McKenna So far and the cassette player was acting real wierd so I turned it off.

indigoo

Quote from: widespread1 on September 09, 2013, 03:25:40 PM
That comes as a bit of a relief williedee. May I ask for suggestions on how to make this as organized as possible? I am familiar with ftp if we can just make me a folder to put them all in or would it be better to simply upload to a thread in the forum as I rip them?

Definitely get in touch with Gandalf. He'll give you access to the cloud he's got setup where you should be able to upload them all.

gandalf50

I heard my name being mentioned here and would like to help out if I can. I can help edit out commercials or normalize the audio. I have been doing that slowly with all the Somewhere in Times I have as well as some old ripped from radio old shows. As jazmunda mentioned I get an extra 5gb storage when someone signs up with this link https://copy.com?r=Djrho2 . You also get and extra 5gb for a 20gb total
With copy you can also share a folder between users so anything placed in the folder will show up on my share.
Let me know
~G

SaucyRossy

I personally like if the commercials are left in. It is a nice way to get sucked into the time and place of when the show aired.

Renaldo

Quote from: gandalf50 on September 11, 2013, 07:58:50 PM
  I get an extra 5gb storage when someone signs up with this link https://copy.com?r=Djrho2 .

Just signed up under it so you can get your 5gb

Renaldo

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 11, 2013, 08:32:59 PM
I personally like if the commercials are left in. It is a nice way to get sucked into the time and place of when the show aired.

Yeah, me too. I

gandalf50

Quote from: Renaldo on September 11, 2013, 08:38:37 PM
Just signed up under it so you can get your 5gb
Thx. Whomever signed up you also need to install the app https://www.copy.com/install/ that applies to your OS.
After the bonus is applied You can always uninstall if you don't plan on using the syncing features.
Also send me a PM with the email used to sign-up so I can email the link.

bateman

The commercials I can do without, but it drives me nuts when Youtube uploaders cut out the bumper music. Wtf are they thinking?

gandalf50

Quote from: bateman on September 11, 2013, 09:00:29 PM
The commercials I can do without, but it drives me nuts when Youtube uploaders cut out the bumper music. Wtf are they thinking?
One reason may be that sometimes certain songs will be tagged as copyrighted and be blocked in certain countries.

jazmunda

I love the commercials too.

It's funny how nostalgic we are with commercials. Whilst they are live we hate them but give me an episode from 1995 and I can't get enough of HGH plus.

It's the same with TV. During the 90s I used to love watching a old movie on VHS recorded from TV with the ads from the 80s in them.

The thing I hate about the SIT shows is hearing George #$%@ing Noory's voice. Sometimes I just want to through my iPhone out the car window.

mikealden

Quote from: jazmunda on September 11, 2013, 10:04:32 PM

The thing I hate about the SIT shows is hearing George #$%@ing Noory's voice. Sometimes I just want to through my iPhone out the car window.

I really need to go through and edit him out of the SIT shows I have. Ugh.

MV/Liberace!

you will want to use the line input jack on your computer, not the microphone jack.

brugvu

Hi,
i can probably help.
i have most of those shows already converted.
I once got a 400 tape collection off ebay for free. just paid shipping ($50)
the ones i have that are 4-5 hours (entire shows) i can send them to you.
the ones i don't have, you send to me and i'll convert them to mp3 at 32 kbs.
PS. AM RADIO is JUST FINE at 32 kbs.
i have found 5 tape collections so far.

anyways, i'll check your lists. I will make an audio DVD of the ones i have. and then send it to you.
and in return (when you get the dvd) you send me the ones i don;t have. i will make a list.
i will convert those and send them back to you with the MP3s...
also i love researching and fiding what show is from what date... so send me all the UNKNOWNS.
lets get these tapes CONVERTED.
from there i don;t care what you do with them...
brugvu@hotmail.com

******* i do trade, with trusted sources...
if anyone else has tapes, contact me.  i will convert them for you.

I collect "TIME TRAVELER MIB LINES AREA 51 WORKER, STEVE" call-ins.
i have 7 or 8 of his calls. he was the BEST caller ever.

mikealden

Quote from: brugvu on November 23, 2013, 10:55:44 PM
Hi,
i can probably help.
i have most of those shows already converted.
I once got a 400 tape collection off ebay for free. just paid shipping ($50)
the ones i have that are 4-5 hours (entire shows) i can send them to you.
the ones i don't have, you send to me and i'll convert them to mp3 at 32 kbs.
PS. AM RADIO is JUST FINE at 32 kbs.
i have found 5 tape collections so far.

anyways, i'll check your lists. I will make an audio DVD of the ones i have. and then send it to you.
and in return (when you get the dvd) you send me the ones i don;t have. i will make a list.
i will convert those and send them back to you with the MP3s...
also i love researching and fiding what show is from what date... so send me all the UNKNOWNS.
lets get these tapes CONVERTED.
from there i don;t care what you do with them...
brugvu@hotmail.com

******* i do trade, with trusted sources...
if anyone else has tapes, contact me.  i will convert them for you.

I collect "TIME TRAVELER MIB LINES AREA 51 WORKER, STEVE" call-ins.
i have 7 or 8 of his calls. he was the BEST caller ever.

What are the dates from the shows you have? Would love to see what your collection looks like.

brugvu

hey...
ok guys.. 32 kbs is all we need. not 96 not 128. PLEASE convert at 32 kbs!
wasting TOOO much space. FILES ARE WAY TOO BIG!

after christmas, january 2014 ish.. i will send my collection to someone.
Since i have found shows i did not have.. i will share.

IN THE MEAN TIME. lets all get together and agree to STOP wasting SPACE! 32 kbs is alll you need.
IT's am radio phone conversations from tape cassettes. HOW GOOD CAN THE AUDIO GET?
you can;t get great audio from tape cassettes. BELIEVE ME. i have converted roughly 600 TAPES!.

WIDE SPREAD... please switch to 32 kbs when converting.

TRUST ME. try it once, and give it a listen too. 128 is RIDICULOUS. it ain't a LED ZEPPLIN concert from 1970!

as long as you guys switch to 32 kbs i will UNLOAD my collection.   DEAL???
and make sure you match the SHOW DATE, and GUEST with the ART BELL CD WEBSITE PROGRAM LIST.   i have already seen wrong info on shows..
and remember a lot of these are REPLAYS. so make sure you get the original date, not the date that it was replayed..   C2C can;t even get their dates right on SomeWhereInTimes.. so many shows were listed wrong dates. Noory and crew are complete FOOLS.

ANd seriously, LET ME HELP.. contact me, i will get correct show info and convert them.
WIDESPREAD.. you need help or what? i got 4 hours a day to...

32 KBS   don;t waste space.

i will make a list of the shows i have. eventually. i have to do TXT files and it takes a while.

and can anyone tell me if WIDESPREADS lists LISTED here are what has been UPLOADED so far?
i'll go and look...

AND THANKS!

let's get all these tapes done.. (at 32KBS.) and make an official SHOW COLLECTION.
my collection from 1996+ is 99.9 correct. i have to retitle some of my 1995's (and dreamlands) and before.

so 32kbs.. agreed?   i'm willing to work with you guys...

brugvu@hotmail.com

zeebo

Quote from: brugvu on November 25, 2013, 07:46:44 PM
hey...
ok guys.. 32 kbs is all we need. not 96 not 128. PLEASE convert at 32 kbs!
wasting TOOO much space. FILES ARE WAY TOO BIG!

Just chiming in to say I tend to agree w/ brugvu on this.  I'm not an audio pro and I'm not doing jack to help out so feel free to ignore me, but in the past I've found 32 ok for talk and smaller files would help us lame-o's with slow connections.  In any case however it's done, thank you again to anyone and everyone who is helping out with the project.

George Drooly

Yeah but for the full effect you wanna record the shows through a cell phone before uploading

Jnthn932

I just want to say god bless you tech nerds! I don't know how to do any of this and I can't wait to hear this collection!! Thanks for the hard work y'all.

So sorry for the torrent noob question: I've downloaded the software linked here, added the torrent and.........nada. No download. Continuously looking for peers. I'm thinking there are no up loaders?

Queen

I would love to help too but i dont know what to do to help? all i have is the huge 20 gig d/l from widespred i can go thru those i guess but they seem to be ok.

gabecolemanpl

Looking for a show Nov 21, 2008  or  on high jump ? admiral Byrd ? or Antarctica hollow earth ?

October 19th, 1995 that would make my life a little better if someone could scrounge up that one

jazmunda

Quote from: gabecolemanpl on December 13, 2013, 01:18:21 AM
Looking for a show Nov 21, 2008  or  on high jump ? admiral Byrd ? or Antarctica hollow earth ?

October 19th, 1995 that would make my life a little better if someone could scrounge up that one

I have an extensive collection and I don't have that one from 1995.

Was the 2008 one with Art?

gabecolemanpl

you know what it was not from art im sorry... gosh maybe im wrong . I just remember atnartica , adr byrd hollow earth Nazis and just being blown away like we all were at one time or another ... ill take any ideas on a show as well for late night enjoyment

thanks

brugvu

hey.
i just won 116 chancellor broadcasting tapes from 1995 on ebay.
cost $175.   not sure if they are all 95's or not.
I'm hoping half on em aren;t the common bs we all have..

anyways,
i will make a list of them, and start converting at 32 KBS. (cause i'm smart)

if there's no pole flip this spring, i may unload my collection.
maybe a small bit at a time..  make you guys sweat it out.

I am making my own Mp3s where i snip and paste segments from shows to put together a storyline for each major event.. last one i did was "Brian from philly" EMP prank on ART, where oates reversed him and the other area 51 callers, and STEVE told the truth about the SUPREME COMMONDANT timing the call and disrupting earth lock... anyways there were many shows that i got segments from. pretty cool.  brian called like 3 times after that ...
I did Hoagland and LAKE VOSTOK.. that was awesome.
I have every segment of HOAGLAND and PEGASUS
and i'm the guy who cut out all of MIB TIME TRAVELER STEVE's CALLS.
someone merged them and uploaded them. wtf!  whose the traitor? only 5 people have my colection.
i have updated that and added 2 more. including STEVE's debut call!

still waiting for the jackasses at C2C to replay SEPT 15th of 1997 for Steve's 3rd call.

i'm about to do ADS in papers all over the USA looking for ART BELL shows on tape.
WKOH was an early station.. think art said the first.. we should find out what city that is, and start asking around!
most of my conversion came from Twin cities in minnesota forgot the call letters.
pretty damn cool.

lets get more shows!

if anyone wants the conversion from the tapes i just required let me know.
brugvu rules. turtles SUCK.  32kbs is smart. anythiong higher like 198kbs is pure b.s. and you know it.

respond and contact me. lets get more shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps did Art bell get released contractuallly yet?  Sirius sucks. that show was a disaster. 

area51drone

Yikes, $175 for 30 programs?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ART-BELL-CLASSICS-Audio-Tape-Chancellor-Broadcasting-Large-Lot-NO-RESERVE-/350965377093?pt=Music_Cassettes&hash=item51b72aa845

I really hope for your sake they aren't dupes of what's already out there.  Did you at least ask him for a list of the shows before you bought it?  I'm assuming that that 950505 is 05/05/95, which is one I don't have.   I'm glad you're out there doing this, I just hope the best for you.

zeebo

widespread haven't seen you around lately.  Hope you're doing ok and to see you back sometime.