• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I scored an epic collection of Art Bell shows from a fan recently

Started by widespread1, September 08, 2013, 02:46:19 AM

widespread1

All recorded on cassette tape and the commercials are already edited out of most of them :)
most of them are from 96 - 99 but I do have some stuff as early as 90 and as late as 2004
Also a huge box of unknowns (date missing, unreadable, or non existent.
There is a  nice little collection of William Cooper tapes.
There are a lot of cassettes that were purchased from guests as well.

I just got done sorting them by year and date

here is the list of shows from 1997 that I have organized so far.
The ones highlighted in Red are ones that are not in the Art Upload torrent available here. http://coastgab.com/index.php?topic=4430.0

Year              Guest                           Subject                            Duration(if not complete)

1997-04-17 - Richard Hoagland                                                               90
1997-05-04 - Capt. Bill Miller,                     Bermuda Triangle,                 90
1997-05-28 - Wayne Green                                                                                                   60
1997-06-17 - Richard Hoagland,                   
1997-06-26 - Richard Hoagland, Larry Hunter       

1997-07-05 - Jamie Chandarea,                       Roswell,                           60
1997-07-11 - Father Malachi Martin                  Possesion                                                    90
1997-08-27 - Lynn Buchanan                          Remote Viewing                 90
1997-09-18 - Major Ed Dames                         Remote Viewing
1997-09-19 - Gordon Michael Scallion (marked 09-21) Earth Changes
1997-09-25 - Guy Finley                             The Intimate Enemy
1997-11-01 - Harlot,                                A perfectly possesed woman
1997-11-05 - Greg Braydon                           Earth Changes
1997-11-06 - William Henry                          Earth History                          90
1997-11-08 - Dr. Nick Beqich                        H.A.A.R.P.
1997-11-17 - Charles Cagle                          Sun Spots                                                          90
1997-12-03 - Father Malaci Martin
1997-12-08 - Stan Daeo, Charles Cagle                                                      90
1997-12-10 - Dannion Brinkley                       NDE
1997-12-11 - Robert Ghostwolf
1997-12-12 - Joyce Riley
1997-12-14 - Richard Hoagland
1997-12-29 - Sean David Morton                      Predictions for 1998

1997-07-xx - Robert Ghostwolf,                      Hopi Prophecy
1997-07-xx - Robert Ghostwolf,                      Earth Changes,
1997-12-xx - David John Oats                        Reverse Speech

I will update this post as I complete the list of them and as soon as I get myself a cassette to mp3 recorder I will start making them available to everyone :)

widespread1

1998-01-07 - Robert o Dean
1998-01-13 - Gerald Salenti                         Trends                            90
1998-01-27 - Richard Hoagland
1998-01-27 - {David Oats                             reverse speech Clinton           45}
1998-01-25 - {Trish and Rob McGregor                 Dreams                           45}     On same cassette
1998-01-28 - Peter Davenport                         Abductions                       90
1998-01-29 - Sean D Mortin
1998-01-30 - James Von Prog                          cassette 2 of 2                  90
1998-01-31 - Peter Davenport                         Ufologist                        90
1998-02-02 - Richard C Hoagland                      Nasa Mars Probe                  90
1998-02-02 - Stanton Friedman                                                         90
1998-02-04 - Derril Sims, Dr. Robert Leer            Implants
1998-02-10 - Derril Sims
1998-02-15 - Major Ed Dames     
1998-02-18 - Dr. Ronald Klants                       Cloning,Longevitiy
1998-02-22 - Prof. David Jacobs                                                       50
1998-02-24 - Mitchio Kaku                            
1998-02-25 - Richard Hoagland                        Nasa Mars cassette 2 0f 2        60
1998-02-27 - Greg Braydon                            Human DNA
1998-03-03 - Cynthia Turnage                         ET's
1998-03-05 - Bruce Rux                               UFO Connection to the movie ind.
1998-03-09 - Steven Gibbs                            Time Travel   
1998-03-11 - Peter Davenport                         Naval Testin                     90
1998-03-12 - Alan Hale                               Comets                           60
1998-03-23 - Philip Craph                            A Journalist abducted
1998-03-31 - Richard Hoagland                        Nasa, Mars
1998-03-xx - Steven Gibbs                            His Time Machine                 90
1998-03-xx - Edgar Mitchell                         
1998-04-10 - J Timothy Green                         Clinical Psychologist
1998-04-24 - Major Ed Dames             
1998-05-01 - Greer, Basset                           UFO exclosure
1998-05-10 - James Von Prog                          NDE                              60
1998-05-19 - Dr. Leer                               
1998-05-26 - Gary North                              Y2K
1998-05-27 - Robert Ghostwolf                        The 7 Thunders                   90
1998-06-03 - Dr. Charles Tart                        Alternate States of Consciousness
1998-06-09 - Gordon Scallion                         Current Earth
1998-06-12 - Al Bielek                               Philadelphia Experiment
1998-06-16 - Graham Hancock                          Mars Mystery
1998-06-17 - Mark Macey
1998-06-23 - Sean D Mortin                           Prophecy

1998-07-xx - Misler Eastman                          Bible Et's                       60
1998-08-10 - Joel Skousen
1998-12-xx - Gary North                                                               60

mikealden

You've got some from the early 90's? That's insane! I've always wanted to hear more of what Art was like back then.

williedee

Its happening! This is so exciting. I'd love to get my hands on these.. haha.

Spinner

Thank you, widespread!
It will be great to have "new" shows available. The very early 90s shows should be very interesting.

Art's legacy must be preserved, and spread widely.  ;)

widespread1

I will share these for sure as soon as I can.
Typically I would just run out and buy the recorder but I find myself unable to splurge due to funds being drained from a large move.
So I wont be able to do that until next month some time.

wenck

Quote from: widespread1 on September 08, 2013, 12:54:42 PM
Typically I would just run out and buy the recorder but I find myself unable to splurge due to funds being drained from a large move.

I look forward to this. Thank you!

williedee

Quote from: widespread1 on September 08, 2013, 12:54:42 PM

I believe you could just use any cassette player with a headphone jack and plug that into your mic-in on your pc. I'm sure you could find one at a Goodwill or similar store.

If you need a aux cable (male to male to plug into both audio ports on the devices) let me know, I bought 5 on monoprice a while back and have some extras. I'd be happy to mail you one for free

jazmunda

I can't stress how important this find is to us collectors. These have to be digitized and shared around.

You sir are my hero.

widespread1

Quote from: williedee on September 08, 2013, 03:00:34 PM
I believe you could just use any cassette player with a headphone jack and plug that into your mic-in on your pc. I'm sure you could find one at a Goodwill or similar store.

If you need a aux cable (male to male to plug into both audio ports on the devices) let me know, I bought 5 on monoprice a while back and have some extras. I'd be happy to mail you one for free

you know I have a boom box stereo that I had all hooked up to my pc and started recording them but the audio was being slowed down and I was afraid that it was going to munch the tape. I decided to just wait and get something new to do it with because like you I want to preserve them as best I can. Cassette to mp3 recorders are super cheap but I simply cant afford to buy it this particular month unfortunately. My wife and I are educators and our funds for the summer have been drained completely due to moving. Payday is at the end of this month woo hoo! but until then we are down to beans and rice my friends.  I know it sounds silly that I cant afford a $25 dollar piece of equipment but its true. :( 

mikealden was talking about chipping in to get a recorder if anybody is interested in pitching in a few bucks to hurry the process up. If not I make a promise right now to get this collection to you all as soon as I can afford it. :)

mikealden suggested I put the player on a wish-list at Amazon.com in case anybody wanted to chip in so I did that... here is the link.
http://amzn.com/w/16PKK3N51KAS2

Foodlion

If you make a youtube channel and upload those, you'll have lots of subs.

Even the commericals on it would be great. We could compare how many breaks Art used back then, vs C2C today.

widespread1

mikealden was generous enough to go ahead and buy the recorder. So if you feel up to it give him a big thanks.
It looks like It will get here by the 13th of this month. I will get to work immediately to get these out to you guys.

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on September 08, 2013, 05:42:10 PM
mikealden was generous enough to go ahead and buy the recorder. So if you feel up to it give him a big thanks.
It looks like It will get here by the 13th of this month. I will get to work immediately to get these out to you guys.

Thanks mikealden. You beat me to it. I was going to do it for widespread.

mikealden, if you would like to share the cost I am happy to go halves.

This is truly a resource that needs to be out there and shared.

widespread, I would be happy to contribute to thank you for your time. If you have a paypal email address I would gladly send some $$ your way to compensate you for your time.

widespread1

Quote from: jazmunda on September 08, 2013, 06:23:24 PM

widespread, I would be happy to contribute to thank you for your time. If you have a paypal email address I would gladly send some $$ your way to compensate you for your time.
Any little thing that  would help get us through the month would go much appreciated my friend thanks :) please don’t feel obligated though.

waltonspirit@gmail.com

indigoo

This is fantastic, can't wait. Thank you to all of you! It seems like it's been a long time since we've had a bunch of new shows added to the "collection".

mikealden

Quote from: jazmunda on September 08, 2013, 06:23:24 PM

No worries. I'm just excited to hear some of this rare content!

Wisespread, how did you come across the tapes anyway?

jazmunda

Quote from: mikealden on September 08, 2013, 09:12:59 PM
Wisespread, how did you come across the tapes anyway?

In my excitement I forgot to ask this question too.

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on September 08, 2013, 06:58:19 PM
Any little thing that  would help get us through the month would go much appreciated my friend thanks :) please don’t feel obligated though.

waltonspirit@gmail.com

Just sent you a little something. I hope that helps!

widespread1

I went to help a friend of mines move his mother.  For his mother, Recording and editing Art Shows was a labour of love. He told me she was trying to get rid of them but I think she wanted cash or something, she knew I was a fan and when we were finished moving her she went ahead and gave them to me. :). I told her that I would preserve them in digital format and return them to her. she doesnt believe she will ever get them back hehe. I will eventually return them to her along with the epic collections that can be found here.

1999-01-25 - William Thomas                          Contrails
1999-02-18 - William Thomas                          Contrails
1999-02-22 - William Thomas                          Contrails
1999-03-17 - William Thomas                          Contrails
1999-05-06 - William Thomas                          Contrails
1999-05-07 - William Thomas                          Contrails                       90 disc 2 of 2
1999-05-19 - Dr. Bruce Goldberd                      Time Travel                     60 disc 2 of 2
1999-05-xx - Christopher Dunn                        Gisa Power Plant
1999-06-30 - Niel Slade                              Human Behaviour
1999-06-xx - Linda Howe                              Contrails, Sun Flares
1999-07-27 - James Napier                            Malachai Martins Death   
1999-07-29 - Dr. David Jacobs                        UFO's                           90
1999-07-xx - Dr. Khom Kouler                           Discovery Science               90
1999-07-xx - Albert taylor                             UFO report                      60
1999-07-xx - Chuck Misler                              Disinformation                  90
1999-08-11 - Sylvia Brown                            psychic
1999-09-23 - Richard Hoagland                        Nasa Mars
1999-09-xx - Joyce Riley
1999-09-xx - Hilly Rose                              The Kenewick Man                  90
1999-10 07 - Stan and Holly Dayo                     
1999-11-03 - William Thomas                          Contrails
1999-12-08 - Richard Hoagland

widespread1

Thanks so much jazmunda its much appreciated.

Would you guys want be to record all of these tapes that are not dated and let this community go through them and try to figure out what they are? I am sure there is a lot of cool stuff in the unknown box.  Most shows took up two cassettes. The incomplete ones were just one cassette and I am sure the other cassettes are in that unknown box. That part I would definitely need a little help with. It will be a daunting task for me alone.

Renaldo

Quote from: widespread1 on September 08, 2013, 10:11:18 PM

Would you guys want be to record all of these tapes that are not dated and let this community go through them and try to figure out what they are? 

You bet. I'd be willing to load up my iPod and listen to some. I bet we can get more than a few ID'd.

mikealden

Would you guys want be to record all of these tapes that are not dated and let this community go through them and try to figure out what they are? I am sure there is a lot of cool stuff in the unknown box.  Most shows took up two cassettes. The incomplete ones were just one cassette and I am sure the other cassettes are in that unknown box. That part I would definitely need a little help with. It will be a daunting task for me alone.

More than happy to take up that task. I've re-sorted quite a few misdated shows in my own collection.

jazmunda

I'm happy for the non dated ones to go up and we can all try and figure it out. Perhaps once they are out there we start and a new thread and try and decipher it.

Perhaps give them a separate generic name so we have something to identify it by.

I know that I have worked out a date of an undated show before by listening and figuring out the year and approx month based on the news at the time and then using a list of shows to work out the exact date.

Once they are out there I will definitely assist in pinpointing the air date.

ksm32

Quote from: widespread1 on September 08, 2013, 10:31:41 PM
Awesome! prepare to work my friends :)

It's really hard for me to read the labels on the tapes in this picture. My eyes just aint what they used to be.

Spinner

Holy smokes! That really is quite a collection!
Looking forward to finding out what's in there.

SaucyRossy

Wow look at all those glorious tapes with amazing tales on them. I love if.

awake

Widespread1, count me in on the helping with the unknown tapes as well.  I have an office job which almost requires aural-stimulation. 

widespread1

That comes as a bit of a relief williedee. May I ask for suggestions on how to make this as organized as possible? I am familiar with ftp if we can just make me a folder to put them all in or would it be better to simply upload to a thread in the forum as I rip them?