• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Anybody here listen to "Welcome to Night Vale"?

Started by NefariousBanana, September 06, 2013, 11:42:58 PM

I've listened to a couple of episodes and I'm really digging it.

Quote from: Renaldo on September 06, 2013, 11:48:26 PM
What's it about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_Night_Vale

"Welcome to Night Vale is a podcast presented as a radio show for the fictional town of Night Vale. It was created by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor, is voiced by Cecil Baldwin, and is published by Commonplace Books. The podcast airs twice a month, and consists of "news, announcements and advertisements" from the desert town, located "somewhere in the Southwestern United States". In an interview with NPR, Joseph Fink commented on the creation of the series, stating that he "came up with this idea of a town in that desert where all conspiracy theories were real, and we would just go from there with that understood."

basswood

Quote from: NefariousBanana on September 06, 2013, 11:52:48 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_Night_Vale

"Welcome to Night Vale is a podcast presented as a radio show for the fictional town of Night Vale. It was created by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor, is voiced by Cecil Baldwin, and is published by Commonplace Books. The podcast airs twice a month, and consists of "news, announcements and advertisements" from the desert town, located "somewhere in the Southwestern United States". In an interview with NPR, Joseph Fink commented on the creation of the series, stating that he "came up with this idea of a town in that desert where all conspiracy theories were real, and we would just go from there with that understood."

That sounds like fun, thanks banana!

basswood

Listened to a few and loving it also. Deadpan, subtle, and very funny.

pepsiguy

Hooked. Too bad only bi-monthly, must have talks with the sheriffs secret police. 

DelphiDreams

Amazing, I was considering asking if anyone ever listened. I'm on episode 32 right now. I think it was Hiram McDaniels traffic ticket that kinda grabbed my attention at first. He being a 15 ft tall five headed dragon, and all.  :D

NightsAtSea

This is one of my favorite podcasts! It's a perfect mixture of spooky and funny.

rvxtm

Hehe, nice podcast to listen while going asleep, makes you dream funky stuff