• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Guests CONFIRMED to be on 'Dark Matter'

Started by Ravenna, September 01, 2013, 11:00:05 PM

Morgus

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 06, 2013, 11:54:19 AM
Who is GIS?
a group of people called the "Ghost Investigator Society"
Art Bell had them on many, many times over the years playing tape recordings from various places that might be haunted, hearing voices of ghosts called "EVPs"

saab93driver

Quote from: Morgus on September 06, 2013, 03:35:21 PM
a group of people called the "Ghost Investigator Society"
Art Bell had them on many, many times over the years playing tape recordings from various places that might be haunted, hearing voices of ghosts called "EVPs"

Many, many times is right. Too many times IMO.   I'd rather hear the Spiricom tapes again than another GIS show.  The "saving grace" is maybe on XM the digital sound might come through better so when a ghost says "i want potato chips" it won't sound like "who gives a shit"

Morgus

I agree after the first couple times, the GIS shows became too repetitive playing the same old EVPs over and over every time.

onan

Art had a soft spot for the GIS. They never tried to sell a product. They never tried to overstate their position. I think Art found that sincerity refreshing and perhaps gave them more time than the "hucksters".

aldousburbank

As a talented pro, Art has a way of amplifying a guest's enthusiasm for the subject. I find the EVP phenon to be tedious and of little interest whether it's a thing or not. On the other hand, it is Art's interest which sparks my desire to listen through the next break. With (stooGe)orge at the helm, even a show about how to have any lover you desire anytime karma free guaranteed to work and harvesting silver dollars while living to a healthy 150, I'd rather listen to sports talk radio or Cigar Dave. (As long as Gnoory is not on either of these programs of course.)

Renaldo

Quote from: onan on September 06, 2013, 05:01:31 PM
Art had a soft spot for the GIS. They never tried to sell a product. They never tried to overstate their position. I think Art found that sincerity refreshing and perhaps gave them more time than the "hucksters".

Yeah, I think he did too. GIS believed in what they were doing, and I don't think ever had any agenda other than to investigate and present what they'd found. I'm not a big fan of EVPs, but GIS is one of my favorite guests because it's great radio. Art's excited by it, GIS is excited by it, so it's interesting.

Ravenna

Quote from: Renaldo on September 06, 2013, 07:45:56 PM
Yeah, I think he did too. GIS believed in what they were doing, and I don't think ever had any agenda other than to investigate and present what they'd found. I'm not a big fan of EVPs, but GIS is one of my favorite guests because it's great radio. Art's excited by it, GIS is excited by it, so it's interesting.

Yes, their enthusiasm and belief over what they were into makes them endearing (but a little pathetic, too, since I believe what they believe in is a crock of shit, i.e., that the sounds they are picking up are not the voice of ghosts).  After I heard them once, I was tired of them and I usually skipped past c2c shows when they were on with Art (I think I only heard them a couple of shows, all the way through, due to that).  However, that Art finds them endearing, if that's the word, coz of their enthusiasm combined with belief in what they're into,... then maybe I'll have to give them a chance again.  I just hope he doesn't have them on over and over again.  In fact, something to be avoided on 'Dark Matter' would be to have ANY guest on over and over again.  Frankly, the same guest should not be on more than twice a year, I feel.  Unless they have something outstandingly new to report upon.  Just mho, though.

Tinfoil Hat

I couldn't agree more Ravenna. I always tuned out the silly EVP and reverse-speech shows too.

Now if they want to talk about some real hauntings, like the old asylum or prison in West Virgina, I'll be listening with rapt attention.

sleeplessinca

GIS crackpots
Better than baby crying backwards
Ideas not books

kingotnw

Quote from: b_dubb on September 03, 2013, 08:15:16 AM
Jonathan Reed? Why the fuck would you have that fraud on the show?

Fact or Faked - The Jonathan Reed Epidsode.

These 'professional' debunking shows are crap. They are made for people who cannot think for themselves, and have to latch onto to someone else's carefully constructed house of cards opinion. Just give me the evidence and/or story, and  I"ll make up my own mind. The show UFO hunters is a good example of this. Every good thing about that show was ruined by the token skeptic. It took something that could have been awesome, even though it was still good, and knocked it down a number of notches by believing that I cannot think for myself. Think what you want about any of Art's guests, but form your own opinion, don't just latch on to someone else's.

Ravenna

Did you guys hear about this?
-->>>

"Announcement: there is now a scheduling change regarding the Date that Dr Jonathan Reed will be on Art Bell's new SIRIUS XM Radio program, DARK MATTER. Due to an unfortunate producer's mix-up, now Dr Reed's interview will be on September 18, 2013. for more info please visit .ART BELL / DARK MATTER website, for possible additional changes or updates.

----------------------------------------­-
ART BELL / Dr. JONATHAN REED ODYSSEY
Dr Jonathan Reed has been invited to be Art Bell's first guest on Art's new SIRIUS XM Radio program; DARK MATTER, on September 18th 2013. Truly an event not to be missed...

-Nov 06, 1998 = Dr Reed's co-author, Robert Raith, sender of the "Wanna take a ride?" fax that kicked this whole thing off, is interviewed in his 1st guest appearance on the Art Bell Program.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=638bmY...
-Nov 11, 1998 = Dr Jonathan Reed, Robert Raith both guests on the Art Bell Radio Program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt7oCUf5gnQ

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Ravenna on September 12, 2013, 07:03:38 PM
Did you guys hear about this?
-->>>

"Announcement: there is now a scheduling change regarding the Date that Dr Jonathan Reed will be on Art Bell's new SIRIUS XM Radio program, DARK MATTER. Due to an unfortunate producer's mix-up, now Dr Reed's interview will be on September 18, 2013. for more info please visit .ART BELL / DARK MATTER website, for possible additional changes or updates.

----------------------------------------­-
ART BELL / Dr. JONATHAN REED ODYSSEY
Dr Jonathan Reed has been invited to be Art Bell's first guest on Art's new SIRIUS XM Radio program; DARK MATTER, on September 18th 2013. Truly an event not to be missed...

-Nov 06, 1998 = Dr Reed's co-author, Robert Raith, sender of the "Wanna take a ride?" fax that kicked this whole thing off, is interviewed in his 1st guest appearance on the Art Bell Program.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=638bmY...
-Nov 11, 1998 = Dr Jonathan Reed, Robert Raith both guests on the Art Bell Radio Program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt7oCUf5gnQ

Where did you see that on Reed's Facebook?

The guy should be happy he's going to be on at all. I don't like the bit about a producer mix up. Show schedules change all the time.

Ravenna

The rather irksome 'People Who Miss Art Bell' FB page posted that link, and I saw it there.  It was just the link to Reed's YouTube video, and the message about the scheduling change is underneath the video.

Ravenna

I'd love to, or maybe not, hear the story about the "producer's mix-up."  Hopefully this isn't a sign of how Sirius runs their ship.

bateman

Quote from: Ravenna on September 12, 2013, 08:35:46 PM
I'd love to, or maybe not, hear the story about the "producer's mix-up."  Hopefully this isn't a sign of how Sirius runs their ship.

Paul Bowman is a friend of Art's, not a Sirius employee assigned to the show.

SaucyRossy

I am sure Paul is doing a great job as a producer. There was no need for Reed to say that crap. He should of just said its been rescheduled.

Ravenna

And perhaps it wasn't Paul's mix-up, but some producer "above" him in the hierarchy of Sirius.  I actually got the impression that Paul was more of a booker than a producer, although don't pin me down on where I received that impression coz I haven't a clue.

Ravenna

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on September 08, 2013, 06:35:38 AM
I couldn't agree more Ravenna. I always tuned out the silly EVP and reverse-speech shows too.

Now if they want to talk about some real hauntings, like the old asylum or prison in West Virgina, I'll be listening with rapt attention.

Agree, and in fact "hauntings" is one topic I'd like to see vigorously covered on Art's new show, as it's the aspect of the paranormal most fascinating to me.  After that, probably UFOs is my fave paranormal topic but it's hard to narrow it down coz I dearly love Cryptozoology too.

I still think that Frances Kermeen would be a stellar guest for the new show, who was the proprietress of The Myrtles ("America's most haunted house," some say).  She wrote a fascinating book about her years living in that house, and I bet she'd be a good interview.  (I already recommended her to Paul, but I'm going to do so again in a few weeks just to hammer the point home).

bateman

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on September 08, 2013, 06:35:38 AM

I sent this to Keith:

Just a cool picture to post on the website if he wants.

Ravenna

Quote from: bateman on September 12, 2013, 09:09:42 PM
I sent this to Keith:

Just a cool picture to post on the website if he wants.

Very nice.  But (1) the location should be provided and (2) there should be a story to go with it:  about some nun that committed suicide there after falling in love with a parishioner and losing her virginity and being so shamed by that she no longer wanted to live.  Although this may not be a church, but it could be a house in the parish that she slinks off to after deciding to do the deed (off herself), as she probably wouldn't wish to off herself in a church anyhow.

bateman

Quote from: Ravenna on September 12, 2013, 09:15:51 PM
Very nice.  But (1) the location should be provided and (2) there should be a story to go with it:  about some nun that committed suicide there after falling in love with a parishioner and losing her virginity and being so shamed by that she no longer wanted to live.  Although this may not be a church, but it could be a house in the parish that she slinks off to after deciding to do the deed (off herself), as she probably wouldn't wish to off herself in a church anyhow.
Good point. It's located in Calistoga, CA, and it's for sale for the low, low price of $995,000.

QuoteThis unique Historic building in Calistoga is known as the Francis House. According to information provided by the Sharpsteen museum in Calistoga: It was built in 1886 for James H. Francis, the owner of a mercantile store on the corner of Lincoln and Washington. Upon Francis' death in 1891 it was sold to a Col. M.E. Billings. In 1918 the home was sold to Mabel Peterson and the house changed from a residence to a hospital. It was a general hospital from 1918 to 1964. The hospital had 26 beds and the house on Spring Street and Foothill Blvd was a 6 bed annex to the hospital.
http://www.1403myrtlestreet.com/

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Ravenna on September 12, 2013, 09:01:17 PM
And perhaps it wasn't Paul's mix-up, but some producer "above" him in the hierarchy of Sirius.  I actually got the impression that Paul was more of a booker than a producer, although don't pin me down on where I received that impression coz I haven't a clue.

Yeah either way, he shouldn't even of mentioned it. But whatever. I watched those Jonathan Reed videos (they used some footage from a few of my trailers) and they are horrible and just narcissistic.

I am looking forward to the interview in a purely entertainment fashion. I dont think Ill believe a word the guy says though.

Ravenna

I agree:  don't believe a word Dr. Jonathan Reed has to say.  Never have.  I don't think he should even be a first week guest of Art's:  he should have been like a month 5 guest, at best.

Re: Bateman's house, since it was used as a hospital for a while, you just about KNOW it's haunted by some poor dear who died tragically there.  (I watch Ghost Adventures:  hospitals are hella haunted!).

Chine

Quote from: Ravenna on September 13, 2013, 12:28:04 AM
I agree:  don't believe a word Dr. Jonathan Reed has to say.  Never have.  I don't think he should even be a first week guest of Art's:  he should have been like a month 5 guest, at best.

Re: Bateman's house, since it was used as a hospital for a while, you just about KNOW it's haunted by some poor dear who died tragically there.  (I watch Ghost Adventures:  hospitals are hella haunted!).

Ravennna...

That is my area of interest for many years. Reading on topic for years and had many personal experiences over the years with energy in homes, land, etc. even objects (psychometry). Is there an area on this forum or thread to post and share our experiences, converse on it?

Thanks. Is it ok to PM you?

SaucyRossy

Monday - 16tn - Art tells his story and Michio Kaku
Tuesday - 17th - Richard C Hoagland?
Wednesday - 18th - Jonathan Reed
Thursday - 19th - TBA
Friday (maybe a show?)

I'm excited !

Tinfoil Hat

I hate to say this, but I'll probably skip Hoagland. The man's an utter and complete charlatan and unless Art's prepared to grill him on his many pseudo-science "findings" it won't be worth the price of admission.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on September 13, 2013, 02:34:44 PM
I hate to say this, but I'll probably skip Hoagland. The man's an utter and complete charlatan and unless Art's prepared to grill him on his many pseudo-science "findings" it won't be worth the price of admission.

If it wasn't the first show, I'd probably skip Kaku.  I've never been a huge fan of his.  The first few shows he did with Art were interesting, but I'd rather he be on a few weeks down the road.  That being said, I'll go ahead and listen anyway, because it's going to be a huge night, no matter who the guest is. I'm looking forward to Hoagland in a weird way.  I'm hoping for the same vibe he and Art had in the mid-'90s.  I'm sure I'm hoping for too much, but we'll see.  ???

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 13, 2013, 02:43:47 PM
If it wasn't the first show, I'd probably skip Kaku.  I've never been a huge fan of his.  The first few shows he did with Art were interesting, but I'd rather he be on a few weeks down the road.  That being said, I'll go ahead and listen anyway, because it's going to be a huge night, no matter who the guest is. I'm looking forward to Hoagland in a weird way.  I'm hoping for the same vibe he and Art had in the mid-'90s.  I'm sure I'm hoping for too much, but we'll see.  ???

Ok you're right. If Art states that what Hoagland sees on Mars looks more like a cat turd, I'm there.

Renaldo

Quote from: Chine on September 13, 2013, 10:59:31 AM

That is my area of interest for many years. Reading on topic for years and had many personal experiences over the years with energy in homes, land, etc. even objects (psychometry). Is there an area on this forum or thread to post and share our experiences, converse on it?

I think under Art Bell's Topics would be an appropriate place to start a thread, or there's a stickied  your supernatural experiences thread already there.