• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Funklbaldy is being forced to shut down his site.

Started by williedee, August 21, 2013, 04:09:48 PM

williedee

Hi guys, I just got an email from funky letting me know that he received a C&D from premier today. Just a friendly heads-up for you all..

Its pretty sad to see them going after people sharing old Art shows.. you can't even buy them if you wanted to.

bateman

These pricks really are insane. Their lawyers have nothing better to do than troll messageboards looking for 15 year old Art Bell shows?

williedee

nice one bateman. yes, that is still an option, a very good one at that ;)

Scruff

The thing is, I've never had a problem finding a way to access old Art shows.  I've been doing it since around 2002 and I always add a bit to my collection each year from various sources around the internet.  They can send all the letters they want and shut down whatever they can, but the shows are out there, and they always will be. 

Morgus

Funkbalby has been putting up free downloads of the nightly Noory and weekend c2c shows, not just old Art Bell shows.
PremRat wants only paying subscribers to access to Noory's new shows...

jazmunda

Quote from: Morgus on August 21, 2013, 07:31:11 PM
Funkbalby has been putting up free downloads of the nightly Noory and weekend c2c shows, not just old Art Bell shows.

I think that is the main reason for the cease and desist. Screwing Art Bell fans was just a juicy side effect.

williedee

Quote from: Morgus on August 21, 2013, 07:31:11 PM

i'm sure that's the main reason.  he was providing streamlink services for free...

Renaldo

Quote from: williedee on August 21, 2013, 07:57:02 PM
i'm sure that's the main reason.  he was providing streamlink services for free...

Why would anyone do that when you can just subscribe to streamlink for a mere 15 cents a day?!?!

jazmunda

Quote from: Renaldo on August 21, 2013, 11:07:28 PM
Why would anyone do that when you can just subscribe to streamlink for a mere 15 cents a day?!?!

I would rather flush a quarter a day down the toilet.

dan7800

I wonder if U7 radio is going to be told to quit. I liked having the free streams.

I've been listening through the tune in radio app on my roku the last few days. Very convenient.

Ipokesmot

Screw these copyright crybabies.  You can't shut down torrents!  ;D

And Streamlink blows goats.  Who the hell wants to pay to download shows without the bumper music?

This has been going on forever, and these idiots still think they can stop sharing.  Back in the 80's the industry wanted to ban VCR's and tape decks LOL.

Ipokesmot

One question, does Art own all of his old shows, or are they co-owned with PremRat?

dan7800

Quote from: Ipokesmot on August 22, 2013, 11:24:08 AM
One question, does Art own all of his old shows, or are they co-owned with PremRat?

I believe premrat. They seem to be wanting to kill the memories of Art.

Makes me despise them more.

I used to force myself to listen to George from time to time. Never again.

Morgus

Yep I see Funkbaldly has now removed all the archived shows of c2c (old and new) from his site.

Ipokesmot

Quote from: dan7800 on August 22, 2013, 01:21:11 PM
I believe premrat. They seem to be wanting to kill the memories of Art.

Makes me despise them more.

I used to force myself to listen to George from time to time. Never again.

All the more reason to liberate the old shows!!  I got torrents seeding like a mofo right now.  ;D

Even if Art owned them 100%, I doubt he would be greedy or stupid enough to issue takedown notices all over the place, unlike SOME radio people (*cough* Hendrie and Dahl *cough*).  All that accomplishes is alienating the fan base and they end up with no fans left.

Ipokesmot

Quote from: bateman on August 21, 2013, 04:46:01 PM
These pricks really are insane. Their lawyers have nothing better to do than troll messageboards looking for 15 year old Art Bell shows?

Sadly it's a whole industry in itself.  Little weasels running around looking for "pirated" media all day.

And if you think that's bad, the record industry even sends out "agents" to small businesses to see if they are playing copyrighted music in their stores/bars/etc.  If so they threaten all this legal shit if they don't purchase a "license".   I say take all the lawyers and burn them, alive.  ;D

Check these out:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/08/magazine/08music-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110815/11503015533/restaurant-owner-ordered-to-pay-bmi-30450-illegally-playing-four-unlicensed-songs.shtml

Quote from: Ipokesmot on August 22, 2013, 11:24:08 AM

I have been wondering if Art or Whitley owns the rights to the original Dreamland....?

Morgus

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on August 23, 2013, 02:18:56 PM
any other non$ sources for weekly SIT?
as far as I know, only by listening to a free live radio or stream from radio stations (Saturdays at 6pm PT) and record it at that time.

williedee

Well u7 has been okay so far, but we will see. I'm also running a stream now (The Definitive Art Bell) on shoutcast for some variety ;)

WOTR

Too bad FB had the letter to shut down.  I kept meaning to download Knapps mysterious disappearances shows.  I had told a friend about them and was going to show them what a great show could be.

I suppose that I could suggest that she just tune into Coast nightly for the next few months until another great show comes around.  The fact is that these corporations do not realize that often they shoot themselves in the foot with these types of actions.  Here was an opportunity for Pemrat to have somebody who has never been exposed to a Coast show (Bell, Knapp, Ian or George) hear a shining example of late night radio.  Here was a chance for a new listener... Now what am I going to do?  Pay to become an insider (insert hearty laughter here) or spend an hour searching the net for the shows from another site?  Not likely...  I think I will just tell her that the greedy corporate suits forced the site that I could easily find it down and that she is out of luck.

Perhaps it does not apply in this case as I have no doubt that even if she heard the disappearances show with Knapp that she would almost never find the same quality on an average C2C night.  I suppose there may be no chance that they will ever find an intelligent listener based on old shows.  Perhaps I will download a new Bell show if they are good and pass that along to her instead...

John

Quote from: wotr1 on August 24, 2013, 01:22:28 AMI kept meaning to download Knapps mysterious disappearances shows.  I had told a friend about them and was going to show them what a great show could be.

Hi, wotr1! I saw your post and decided to compose a David Paulides interview collection, create a BellGab account and upload the file for you and others here...

https://anonfiles.com/file/46e98c7625033df68101fac60a5230b0

Download the file (371MB) and unrar it. Have fun!

Quote from: John on August 24, 2013, 04:54:17 PM
Hi, wotr1! I saw your post and decided to compose a David Paulides interview collection, create a BellGab account and upload the file for you and others here...

McAfee Site Advisor didn't like this link........

ziznak

Quote from: williedee on August 23, 2013, 06:53:37 PM
Well u7 has been okay so far, but we will see. I'm also running a stream now (The Definitive Art Bell) on shoutcast for some variety ;)

I listen to U7, Advent, borders stream, fermigraph, and I like your definitive art bell too.  used to like funky's streams since i could tune in whenever to get the show from the night or 2 nights before but... this really sux. Surely there is some way to repackage the site and stuff... ya know set up shop in another way so that they would have to really keep up with things to shut you down.  isnt a cnd just a warning too? like are they really gonna spend the money to prosecute somebody over sharing 10 year old radio broadcasts?

John

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on August 24, 2013, 08:19:57 PM
McAfee Site Advisor didn't like this link........

Thanks for your feedback but there shouldn't be any problems with this site ( https://anonfiles.com/ ). Maybe McAfee Site Advisor just doesn't like file sharing sites? I just downloaded the file myself. It is a fast download (under 10 minutes).

Two audio files had a too long file name and you couldn't unrar those files so I created this update...

Mysterious Disappearances Collection Update (36MB): https://anonfiles.com/file/f62a32dffb179a39baba91998316a094

Or download Mysterious Disappearances Collection Version 2 (371MB): https://anonfiles.com/file/2d4769ee2c92300c745a177d7260681a

Contents:

- The famous Whitley Strieber Indonesia Abductions interview + pdf
- David Paulides (Missing 411) interviews (George Knapp, Whitley Strieber and Jeff Rense)
- As a bonus: The Cisco Grove UFO Encounter interviews (George Knapp and Jeff Rense) + pdf

It took me a couple of hours to compose this collection so I hope you like it!

seem to work fine, thanks, this is one of my favourites.:)

WOTR

Quote from: John on August 24, 2013, 04:54:17 PM

Thanks;
I really appreciate that.  Those were some of the best recent shows that I can think of, and it is camping season.  I think that I will forward these to her and suggest listening late night (in her case, I believe that is after 9:00 PM.  ::)