• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

what do you want art to change or leave the same?

Started by tweet75, August 05, 2013, 12:52:11 AM

tweet75

what do you want to see art bring back from his old coast days? What would you like him to change for Dark Matter?

SaucyRossy

As cliche as it is. If it ain't broke.....

Classic Art is great but if he wants to delve into new areas and new style I'm all for it. I'm here for the ride.

tweet75

im just looking forward to no commercials for a 3 hour show (I hope)

Morgus

Quote from: tweet75 on August 05, 2013, 01:24:05 AM
im just looking forward to no commercials for a 3 hour show (I hope)
sirius talk radio shows do have breaks and ads, its only music channels that are commercial free.
Art and other hosts would need breaks during 3 hours anyway, so expect the usual ones at least every 1/2 hour or so.

Quote from: tweet75 on August 05, 2013, 12:52:11 AM
what do you want to see art bring back from his old coast days? What would you like him to change for Dark Matter?

I could do without psychics, predictions, remote viewers, gravelly voiced 'witches', any of that bullshit.  Especially the remote viewer piece of shit that goes by the name Ed Dames.  I know I'm going to hear from Whiny Whitley and the George's jackass 'science advisor' but lets keep it to about once a year.

If we are going to hear from ghost recorders, I think no one should say what the recording sounds like - not before it's played and not after.  Let it stand by itself.  I bet after a few shows where none of the recording actually sound like anything without being 'interpreted', they won't be back.

Edgy new updated science, alternative history, cryptozoology.  The usual crazy mix of story tellers, garage inventors, nutty guys floating up into the atmosphere on a lounge chair with helium balloons attached, odd occurrences, and anything else that catchs Art's eye - all good.  Authors, filmmakers, creative types with an interesting contribution to the show - I'm not worried about that, Art has the touch as far as who makes a good guest and who doesn't.  I like the live reports, like the Phoenix lights.

I'm really not too worried.  Art has the past 5-10 years of shows he wanted to do to pull from. Please though, no JC - just ban him and hang up if he gets through.

Nucky Nolan

Share the newest info on the oldest subjects. For instance, don't discuss Betty and Barney Hill with Stanton Friedman. Have a discussion on contemporary UFO news. Don't debate the veracity of the P.G. Bigfoot clip with Loren Coleman unless there is a recent update. Art could read the latest alternative and paranormal news at the start of his programs since Noory just reads the Drudge Report. There's a niche to be filled there. Noory won't even take the trouble of reading appropriate items that are easy to find if you visit the right sites. For crying out loud, the Anomalist has fresh stories each day.

Tara

Don't constantly preach on global warming, climate change, etc.  The "Day after Tomorrow" didn't happen, don't know if it ever will. 

onan

I want him to run his show. He got as far as he did without any significant instruction from the heard/herd.

HorrorRetro

I don't want to hear about the economy, politics, global warming, etc.  I get that enough with daytime talk radio. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 05, 2013, 11:33:33 AM
I don't want to hear about the economy, politics, global warming, etc.  I get that enough with daytime talk radio.

Which makes this talk about increased "terror chatter" even more ominous.

A 9/11 type event could seriously affect Art's new program. "Real world" topics taking precedence over Ufology etc. That would blow.

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 05, 2013, 11:48:59 AM
       Which makes this talk about increased "terror chatter" even more ominous.

A 9/11 type event could seriously affect Art's new program. "Real world" topics taking precedence over Ufology etc. That would blow.

Concur Mr Coyle. I'm hoping Art's new show follows the old one as much as possible.

bateman

As long as there's no Ed Dames or Numbers Lady, I'm happy.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on August 05, 2013, 12:18:48 PM
Concur Mr Coyle. I'm hoping Art's new show follows the old one as much as possible.

The post-9/11 themes made me miss the pre-Y2K silliness. Which is saying something. But I'd rather listen to an Art show from November 1999 than November 2001.

Morgus

Quote from: bateman on August 05, 2013, 12:56:27 PM
As long as there's no Ed Dames or Numbers Lady, I'm happy.
shouldn't be any of Noory's guests like the Number's Lady.
but Major Dames will probably return with Art since he was a big frequent supporter of Dames over the years, citing his  prediction of the 'jet steam coming down on deck' as a big hit.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Morgus on August 05, 2013, 03:10:53 PM
shouldn't be any of Noory's guests like the Number's Lady.
but Major Dames will probably return with Art since he was a big frequent supporter of Dames over the years, citing his  prediction of the 'jet steam coming down on deck' as a big hit.

I guess Danes and RCH will show up, unless Primier is actually paying RCH to be George's "science adviser."

I still like the original music he used t open the show - The Chase.   I was always happy to hear it because it meant Coast to Coast (with Art Bell) was on again.

I've probably listened to more live Noory shows than live Art Bell shows, but I never related that opening to George Noory.  No matter how much time went by, I always thought of George as sitting in Art's chair as a fill in host.

I hope Art either uses that same music and says the hell with George using it too, or finds something even more fitting.  So far I have not heard anything I'd rather hear at the opening of his new show than that.

popple

More cats. The cat page on artbell.com only has 3 entries as of right now.  :'(

Morgus

Quote from: popple on August 06, 2013, 02:47:30 AM
More cats. The cat page on artbell.com only has 3 entries as of right now.  :'(
but none of them are Art's own cats - thats what we want to see, updates on his cat family.  ;D

Cynnie

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 05, 2013, 01:14:15 AM
As cliche as it is. If it ain't broke.....

Classic Art is great but if he wants to delve into new areas and new style I'm all for it. I'm here for the ride.

Ding ding ding !!

QAPete

Just like Art's original run on Dreamland and C2C, I'll "roll with the show," listening when it's interesting and tuning out when it gets too painful (remote viewing, bad liars, etc.).  I'm thrilled Art is coming back, he's one of the greatest broadcasters of all time, and I will be perfectly content trusting his judgment as he builds his new show.

popple

Quote from: Morgus on August 06, 2013, 02:57:37 AM
but none of them are Art's own cats - thats what we want to see, updates on his cat family.  ;D

I'm sure there will be some in the futre  ;D

Ravenna

I want the main concentration of the show to be on the paranormal, and given the title of the new show I presume it will be just that.  Always loved the show about ancient civilizations, too, and I'd like to see more of those actually.  I'd like the show to delve a bit more into alternative arts, esp. the Horror Literature Underground (led by people like Thomas Ligotti, Laird Barron and Jason V Brock).  If Art could bring some publicity to that world, and it is a vigorous one in its underground-ish way, it could only end up helping Art's listeners by showing them something else really cool that they'd like if they only knew about it. 

I also always loved Art's top of the show (half hour at most) rundown of the day's news, and his thoughts about it.  I often used Art's opinions on what was going on in the world as a way of sorting all that mess out in my own mind.  I respect his opinion and his intellect, and most of the time I felt like the opinion he had on some aspect of the news to be the "right" one, and it would help to solidify my own stance on the matter when I wasn't quite sure what to think.  So that I would like him to leave the same, if not expand a little bit.  Like, do top of the news comments for half an hour, then take open line calls for half an hour, then have the main guest on for two hours (with the final hour being calls in with questions for the guest).

CRM 114

1. More 'real science' guests
2.Cryptozoology
3. Cat stories
4.Art likes science fiction...the author shows he did in the past where all great, so more authors.
5.all the old hacks (Strieber etc) but in limited doses.

Immy

Adopt this as his opening theme:

2001 A Space Odyssey Opening in 1080 HD

...at least for the first show back. I may just float to the ceiling in ecstacy if he did.

BTW, you'll know it's a good idea if Dave/Jorch uses it at some point in the next month.  ::)

Ravenna

Quote from: CRM 114 on August 11, 2013, 01:26:27 PM
1. More 'real science' guests
2.Cryptozoology
3. Cat stories
4.Art likes science fiction...the author shows he did in the past where all great, so more authors.
5.all the old hacks (Strieber etc) but in limited doses.

I agree about "all the old hacks" and in limited doses.  (Say, no more than one visit to the show as the primary guest every 4 months, would be good).  I also think that Art and his booker could work on getting more "new" paranormal expert guests onto the show.  I've already suggested two that I think would be terrific:  Zak Bagans of the Ghost Adventures TV show, and Frances Kermeen, who wrote a fascinating book about her experience living at America's most haunted house, The Myrtles plantation.  I'm going to ponder over some others that Art could invite on the show, and suggest them to his booker (who knows if that booker will take suggestions from a fan, but it's worth a shot).

Quote from: Immy on August 11, 2013, 02:45:36 PM
... BTW, you'll know it's a good idea if Dave/Jorch uses it at some point in the next month.  ::)

Because George is full of good ideas?

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on August 05, 2013, 03:18:12 AM
Share the newest info on the oldest subjects. For instance, don't discuss Betty and Barney Hill with Stanton Friedman. Have a discussion on contemporary UFO news.

I should explain that. I love Stanton Friedman. It would be great to hear Art and Stanton discuss *new* cases rather than old ones. At least, have discussions on encounters that took place this century.

Wintermute

I was in college when Art started C2C so late nights in the lab were a mix of grunge and Art Bell.

Ideally, I'd like to hear less of the crack-pot stuff. Fringe politics are ok in small doses, but fringe pseudo-sci is horrible anytime. There is nothing really to talk about... it's complete baloney. Art, toward the end at C2C, did interviews with real science researchers or people popularizing real science. I know that isn't quit as "zany", but it made for better radio. So I'd like to see that theme continued in some way.

Rarely did C2C ever have celebrity guests. Now we have Joe Rogan (on the zany side) and Morgan Freeman (on the more serious side) producing media about a lot of Coast-ish topics. Might be time expand on that idea.

Art should keep "New Years" prediction-style shows.