• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

ksm32

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 08, 2020, 01:58:58 AM
Hey mang--do you have a copy of our discussion that we had about the Test Show? I remember that really well, and would love to re-read that these days.

LOVE TO.

I do not. And that is unfortunate.

Predictably, as I have said for years, but will say again:

Titanium sporks bring me joy.

Similar to being advised by THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY to take a towel when you travel, you will find a titanium spork useful in many encounters.

And a companion titanium food knife will increase your ability to handle even more situations - from cutting food, rope, and bandages, to shanking the occasional hostile invader or performing that pesky emergency appendectomy or tracheotomy.

Less than $20 for a CORAXTECH set.

You can (and will) thank me later.

(TRUE or FALSE:

For bread and butter money, Camazotz (The) Automat used to and sometimes still does, write for a physical pocket travel guide specifically geared toward the "Bermuda jet set" circles.

I will never tell. But there is pink sand in my shoes.)

The idea of relocating to Iceland.

Jackstar

^^^ Stowing away with rare precursors.

Jackstar

Quote from: ksm32 on July 08, 2020, 10:32:18 AM
I do not. And that is unfortunate.

It is possible that MV will restore it for you. I doubt he would respond to my interest alone. I think that conversation has significant historical interest now.

Or, you know, whatever: maybe you're embarrassed. Let us know. Are you chicken? Bok bok bok!!

aldousburbank

Three years ago I met an extremely bright, talented, and perfectly voluptuous Canadian beauty. Our wedding is this weekend. Sorry ladies and Kdubb. You had your chance.

K_Dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 14, 2020, 02:30:45 PM
Three years ago I met an extremely bright, talented, and perfectly voluptuous Canadian beauty. Our wedding is this weekend. Sorry ladies and Kdubb. You had your chance.

Had I known you planned to ask me to be your Best Fag I would surely have met up wit you!  Oh well, bags of urine to the happy couple.

Ciardelo

Congratulations! Let's hear it for Canadian Muffins!

Jackstar

Our wedding is this weekend.

Such joy! While the world
falls apart, Life keeps on giving Us
the soul gift... of hai-ku

This is all you're getting. Make it count, [i]Groom[/i].

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on September 14, 2020, 03:14:33 PM
« Reply #1448 on: Today at 14:14:33 »

Looks like that was a pretty good haiku I spelled out for you, Darling. We don't have to make a big deal about it.

Ask your future wife if she'll allow you to allow that. Asking for a friend or three.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jackstar on September 14, 2020, 03:14:33 PM
Such joy! While the world
falls apart, Life keeps on giving Us
the soul gift... of hai-ku

This is all you're getting. Make it count, [i]Groom[/i].

But that’s 5-9-6
So not really a haiku
But I’ll allow it

Jackstar

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 14, 2020, 03:19:35 PM
But that’s 5-9-6
So not really a haiku

I figured, as soon as you put that ring on her finger and the clergy shuts the book, she's going to take the 5-7-5 and leave you with 0-2-1. Also, I spelled the last word in its original Klingon--the hyphen is silent.

See? I told you I was here to help. I even fixed the ellipsis in the subject line for you. ARE YOU NOT GRATIFIED???

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 14, 2020, 03:19:35 PM
But I’ll allow it

Soon, this is what your whole life will become: you'll just be allowing things all day, every day. Honestly, I hear it's nice. In Minecraft.

albrecht

"Eat the Canadians first." Congratulations!

ps: will this allow you to also get a Canadian passport? That can be useful in certain countries.

ItsOver

Cheers!

So, like the wedding doughnut is going to be huge, eh?

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on September 14, 2020, 03:32:30 PM
"Eat the Canadians first." Congratulations!
According to my research they are tastier. And less filling.

Quoteps: will this allow you to also get a Canadian passport? That can be useful in certain countries.
This will allow Canada to have me as an asset, if it pleases me. As a side note, I plan to continue the fight for peace between our great nations. If I have extra time some weekends.

PS- Thanks for the well wishes yous all. It’s quite the retro action we are taking just as things are getting weird. I’m throwing gas on this thing. Don’t try this at home.

Dr. MD MD

Congrats!

Jackstar

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 14, 2020, 03:51:42 PM
I’m throwing gas on this thing. Don’t try this at home.

I'm not at home. As soon as I heard there was gonna be a gasoline fight getting set up, I got out and pushed.

Innerreach

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 14, 2020, 04:24:09 PM
All you have to do is ask. ;) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Y8tFQ01OY

I did this once, outside the home of a Catholic priest when I was eleven. Thanks for the nostalgia!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Innerreach on September 14, 2020, 04:29:37 PM
I did this once, outside the home of a Catholic priest when I was eleven. Thanks for the nostalgia!

I hope you confessed afterwards.

albrecht

This will allow Canada to have me as an asset, if it pleases me. As a side note, I plan to continue the fight for peace between our great nations. If I have extra time some weekends.

PS- Thanks for the well wishes yous all. It’s quite the retro action we are taking just as things are getting weird. I’m throwing gas on this thing. Don’t try this at home.
Don't think of these issues now. But.... post-nuptial, and only on weekends, here are some issues to be addressed, as "asset" between countries.

1) Canada has LOTS of water. Get some pipelines working. Help out our droughts, help put out our fires. We should have pipelines or canals for water from the Great White North (and some areas in our country like the upper Midwest) with lots of water and even frequent melt ice flooding to our drought stricken areas!

2) Get them to back off the political-correctness of hockey. Explain to them that no Canadian team will win the Cup again if they keep pushing all the social agenda and political crap in hockey.

3) We got to get the price of lumber down. Enough for lumberjacks, companies, etc to make money but cheap enough for us to build stuff. Canada has lots of timber. We need it, it costs too much.

4) A moratorium on Canadians becoming comedians, news anchors, game show hosts, and actors in the USA. Why should so many Canadians be forced to flee to the USA? This hurts our domestic production of those who can read teleprompters.

Congratulations!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on September 14, 2020, 04:39:44 PM
Don't think of these issues now. But.... post-nuptial, and only on weekends, here are some issues to be addressed, as "asset" between countries.

1) Canada has LOTS of water. Get some pipelines working. Help out our droughts, help put out our fires. We should have pipelines or canals for water from the Great White North (and some areas in our country like the upper Midwest) with lots of water and even frequent melt ice flooding to our drought stricken areas!

2) Get them to back off the political-correctness of hockey. Explain to them that no Canadian team will win the Cup again if they keep pushing all the social agenda and political crap in hockey.

3) We got to get the price of lumber down. Enough for lumberjacks, companies, etc to make money but cheap enough for us to build stuff. Canada has lots of timber. We need it, it costs too much.

4) A moratorium on Canadians becoming comedians, news anchors, game show hosts, and actors in the USA. Why should so many Canadians be forced to flee to the USA? This hurts our domestic production of those who can read teleprompters.

Congratulations!

Also, let them know that they’re not bad people. They just have an inferior system of government. ;)

P.S. Tell them to stop humping the queen’s leg.

Jackstar

According to my research, I'm a wanted man in Canada. Because, reasons.

It's been hanging over my head for 13, 14 years now. It's not a big deal but there was this speeding ticket that I... well I probably said too much already. Let's just say I wasn't in a hurry to get to Tim Horton's, you know what I'm saying?

I've had no reason to go to Canada until now. And now you know for sure that Jackstar is not going to crash your wedding--I could never steamroller my way through any of those beautiful mounted horses without getting any horse dick on me.

... Yet.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on September 14, 2020, 04:44:58 PM
According to my research, I'm a wanted man in Canada. Because, reasons.

It's been hanging over my head for 13, 14 years now. It's not a big deal but there was this speeding ticket that I... well I probably said too much already. Let's just say I wasn't in a hurry to get to Tim Horton's, you know what I'm saying?

I've had no reason to go to Canada until now. And now you know for sure that Jackstar is not going to crash your wedding--I could never steamroller my way through any of those beautiful mounted horses without getting any horse dick on me.

... Yet.

^^^^^^
Your best man. ;)

Innerreach

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 14, 2020, 04:32:05 PMI hope you confessed afterwards.

I confessed my afflictions to Father Martin every day after school, in the back of his van... I gave penance, he gave candy.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Innerreach on September 14, 2020, 05:53:52 PM
I confessed my afflictions to Father Martin every day after school, in the back of his van... I gave penance, he gave candy.

I hope you brushed your teeth afterwards.

Innerreach

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 14, 2020, 05:56:29 PMI hope you brushed your teeth afterwards.

That's what the candy was for. Are you paying attention, at all?

pate

Congratulations, AB.  The Canadian race are generally really polite people, at least all the ones I have met in real life.  She probably won't cause a scene if you take her out in public, which is always a nice thing to not have to worry about...