• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Are We Jealous Of George Noory ... ?

Started by ACE of CLUBS, July 18, 2013, 05:36:24 PM

ACE of CLUBS

Thousands of posts and many hundreds of pages of criticism of GN .....
He has the long contract, has a budding career as an entertainer, is more well known than his predecessor, has increased the listener-ship ....... and here we are, a handful of ne'er do well's, wasting our time wishing that George will fail.  George will not fail.  He's had 10+ years at the game now and continues to hold down the job.

Art won't be back.  George is here to stay.
And we're running out of subject matter.

coaster

It's pretty obvious Art is coming back. And if "jealousy" is defined as anger towards a dimwit because they ruined a once perfect show, then I guess I'm jealous..

MV/Liberace!

i guess there could be a tinge of jealousy.  how can you not feel a bit jealous as you see some imbecilic moron get rich by literally stumbling into a job he doesn't deserve, isn't qualified for, and doesn't even seem to enjoy?  so, yeah, a little jealous.

onan

Quote from: MV on July 18, 2013, 05:50:23 PM
i guess there could be a tinge of jealousy.  how can you not feel a bit jealous as you see some imbecilic moron get rich by literally stumbling into a job he doesn't deserve, isn't qualified for, and doesn't even seem to enjoy?  so, yeah, a little jealous.

exactly this... only character and integrity would stop jealousy. But then cynicism and bitterness would be somewhere close by.

I agree... it's a bit of jealousy.  I can do a passable Art Bell impression.  I can make my voice sound reasonably compelling and "mysterious".  I don't lisp and mispronounce every fifth word.  I am better educated than Noory.  And yet here I am, working parttime jobs and posting about what a moron Noory is....

jazmunda

I'm not jealous. I'm just a sore loser. He won and we all lost. What makes the loss even more bitter is that he is a no talent hack that has destroyed a once great program that we loved.

sampson2625

There is some pretty harsh criticism of the guy on this forum....hes just a puppet for premier though. Who is it that's really pulling the strings out there in LA? I  have to admit that i would still listen to noory over Alex Jones any night of the week. I've listened to Clyde Lewis from time to time but coast is still a much better show.

onan

Quote from: sampson2625 on July 18, 2013, 06:40:53 PM
There is some pretty harsh criticism of the guy on this forum....hes just a puppet for premier though. Who is it that's really pulling the strings out there in LA? I  have to admit that i would still listen to noory over Alex Jones any night of the week. I've listened to Clyde Lewis from time to time but coast is still a much better show.

You're right, and the fact it has continued for more than a decade, should reveal something.

Eddie Coyle

Yes I'm jealous. I admit it.

But I was also jealous of Rocky Dennis for having a movie about him. I was jealous of those on the Edmund Fitzgerald for having a song about them.

coaster

I don't see how anyone can be jealous. I don't have the "why him and not me" mindset. I just think "why him?"

Tinfoil Hat

I'm not in the least jealous. I just think Boory's made C2C unlistenable.

The guy hosting the local bowling for dollars show back in the 70's was better.

sampson2625

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on July 18, 2013, 07:17:22 PM
I'm not in the least jealous. I just think Boory's made C2C unlistenable.

The guy hosting the local bowling for dollars show back in the 70's was better.

Thats gold! Even though i stick up for snoory from time to time - this forum wouldn't be the same without noory bashing. People here are on the cutting edge of george bashing. It makes me laugh all the time

Juan

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on July 18, 2013, 05:36:24 PM
George is an everlasting font of subject matter.

Marc.Knight

[size=78%]
[/size]

We've just begun. 

Yes, I admit it, I am jealous of the Noodle.  I wish I could slur and mangle the English language the way he does, and I am especially envious of his keen ability to carry on an intelligent conversation marked by ingenious segues such as "... to the phones"; "what made you choose this job anyways?"; and slapping himself in the face with rubber implants.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: sampson2625 on July 18, 2013, 06:40:53 PM
I  have to admit that i would still listen to noory over Alex Jones any night of the week.

as would i... but only if forced at gunpoint to choose.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on July 18, 2013, 06:57:37 PM
I don't see how anyone can be jealous. I don't have the "why him and not me" mindset. I just think "why him?"

true.  perhaps "jealous" isn't the right word.

onan

I am jealous of his lack of self awareness. I wish I could fuck up as much as he does and not feel like an asshole.

UFQuack

Haha, another funny thread about snoory, I'm also jealous for the truth when I see a real injustice being done toward it.

Thousands of posts and many hundreds of pages of criticism of GN .....
He has the long contract, has a budding career as an entertainer, is more well known than his predecessor, has increased the listener-ship ....... and here we are, a handful of ne'er do well's, wasting our time wishing that George will fail.  George will not fail.  He's had 10+ years at the game now and continues to hold down the job.

Heh, were you high when you typed this?

Nucky Nolan

We were featured on Robin Leach's failed spinoff series, "Lifestyles Of The Poor And Unknown". George Noory may be rich, and he may be famous, but I'm not jealous of him. I wouldn't trade places with him for a boxed set of Art Bell's best shows. I have my fair share of faults, but jealousy is not one of them. We're not envious of the man. We're just chagrined and confused by his unimpeded ruination of an aural institution. It's a moot point now, though. Most of us stopped listening to him, and there's talk of some new show in September.

SaucyRossy

When Art's show comes back on I doubt anyone will even bother to talk about Dave that much anymore.