• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

ObamaCare Mandate Delayed Until 2015

Started by Ruteger, July 02, 2013, 07:41:22 PM

Ruteger

Gee, I wonder why? Could it be.... 2014 MIDTERMS?!

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Quote from: Ruteger on July 02, 2013, 07:41:22 PM
Gee, I wonder why? Could it be.... 2014 MIDTERMS?!...

Rather than fix it or kill it, they just get more cynical and kick it past the next election.   

Once again, Obama demonstrates he prefers ruling by decree, but what these fascists really want is control of the House and 60 votes in the Senate again.

Sardondi

The White House almost went all the way and issued an imperial mandate executive order that no one but Tea Partiers are bound by Obamacare. The President's advisors were closely split on the Tea Party-only option, with the"implement immediately" faction barely beaten by those who urge "implement on November 5th, 2014". So more surprises to come!

Juan

The news reports, if one can believe them, say employers are released from the mandate.  What about their employees?  Are they released, too, or do they have to scramble to find individual insurance? 

These are the kinds of questions I would ask when I was in the news business, and are probably the reason I no longer am.

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 03, 2013, 03:55:51 AM
The news reports, if one can believe them, say employers are released from the mandate.  What about their employees?  Are they released, too, or do they have to scramble to find individual insurance? 

These are the kinds of questions I would ask when I was in the news business, and are probably the reason I no longer am.

Individuals are still stuck.  BO did this because employers are already cutting hours back so employees don't qualify for coverage, firing people, and canceling plans.  And more are making plans to do so.

Apparently the Ds in the Senate and House think that might cause them to lose their seats in the '14 election, and make it harder for Nancy to regain the majority in the House.  And those are their ONLY concerns about any of this.

Ruteger

How can Obama delay implementation by executive fiat a law that was passed by Congress? Doesn't Congress have to approve changes to a bill passed by Congress? What about separation of powers? As usual, the spineless GOP have no backbone to contest such flagrant un-Constitutional abuses of power, and which is why they will lose the House in 2014.

Quote from: Ruteger on July 03, 2013, 05:51:26 PM
... Doesn't Congress have to approve changes to a bill passed by Congress?...

Of course they do.  Obama and the Media care not a thing about any of that.

Boehner has to go.  Absolutely useless, needs to get out of the damn way of the people in the House that want to oppose the dictator.

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 03, 2013, 08:11:08 PM

Of course they do.  Obama and the Media care not a thing about any of that.

Boehner has to go.  Absolutely useless, needs to get out of the damn way of the people in the House that want to oppose the dictator.

Except I'm am very close to the point of saying "Boehner The Republican Party has to go." For over a decade the GOP has been nothing but Dem Lite, whose insiders have desperately tried to destroy the Tea Party movement, which is the only group of people with the ideals, the energy and the integrity to save this country from going off the precipice it is surely headed toward. So what if it destroying the GOP "turns the country over to the Democrats" - the Dems already have the country, but only with the knowing assistance of the McConnells, McCains and Grahams. The only possible way of saving this country from complete destruction is to destroy the GOP leadership. If I don't see huge improvements in the GOP leadership, and a move to have the leadership reflect the attitudes of the rank and file; and if there's not a repudiation of the Eastern Establishment attitude which still permeates the GOP at the insiders level, I'm done with 'em. Let 'em die.

Quote from: Sardondi on July 03, 2013, 09:55:37 PM
Except I'm am very close to the point of saying "Boehner The Republican Party has to go." For over a decade the GOP has been nothing but Dem Lite, whose insiders have desperately tried to destroy the Tea Party movement, which is the only group of people with the ideals, the energy and the integrity to save this country from going off the precipice it is surely headed toward. So what if it destroying the GOP "turns the country over to the Democrats" - the Dems already have the country, but only with the knowing assistance of the McConnells, McCains and Grahams. The only possible way of saving this country from complete destruction is to destroy the GOP leadership. If I don't see huge improvements in the GOP leadership, and a move to have the leadership reflect the attitudes of the rank and file; and if there's not a repudiation of the Eastern Establishment attitude which still permeates the GOP at the insiders level, I'm done with 'em. Let 'em die.

I'm with you.  I have no idea who these people represent, what they believe in, or where they want to take the country.   I guess the question is whether it is better and easier to re-take the R party from within or abandon it and form a new one.   

I think we all know how the Ds would operate if they held the House the Rs held the Presidency and Senate.

Up All Night

Obamacare Individual Mandate Requirement Effectively Waived for 2 Years

According to a WSJ article dated March 11, 2014, it appears that the Individual mandate has been effectively waived for 2 years, if your company cancelled your insurance.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304250204579433312607325596?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304250204579433312607325596.html

But amid the post-rollout political backlash, last week the agency created a new category: Now all you need to do is fill out a form attesting that your plan was cancelled and that you "believe that the plan options available in the [ObamaCare] Marketplace in your area are more expensive than your cancelled health insurance policy" or "you consider other available policies unaffordable."

This lax standardâ€"no formula or hard test beyond a person's beliefâ€"at least ostensibly requires proof such as an insurer termination notice. But people can also qualify for hardships for the unspecified nonreason that "you experienced another hardship in obtaining health insurance," which only requires "documentation if possible." And yet another waiver is available to those who say they are merely unable to afford coverage, regardless of their prior insurance. In a word, these shifting legal benchmarks offer an exemption to everyone who conceivably wants one.

My company for this year, did not offer a Healthcare package, except to executives, but the company is not penalized in any way, because the manadte for them to offer plans was waived for this year.

Well, as long as those who are the highest paid get theirs, that's what matters!

Ben Shockley

Quote from: West of the Rockies on March 12, 2014, 08:24:50 AM
Well, as long as those who are the highest paid get theirs, that's what matters!
Exactly.  Why people who hate something and have worked all the way to get something killed then crow about their own successes as proof for how the thing was worthless in the first place.... well, there is exactly no rhyme or reason to these right-wing assholes.
To inversely quote the oh-so-well-reasoned originator of this thread: subscription to right-wing hatred and paranoia is a mental disorder.
Hey Ruteger: try something a little smarter than parroting a Jew-hating Jew who won't even use his own name on the radio (namely Michael the Savage Wiener).

Or to use Michael's Lakota Sioux name, Whines Like a Weiner.

I don't know... it sounded funny in my head.

Ben Shockley

...I believe it is the typical Ashkenazic place-/geographical name/spelling Wiener, i.e., aus Wien, i.e., from Vienna.