• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jorch's Nickname Origins

Started by Ruteger, May 20, 2013, 06:14:18 PM

Ruteger

Where did the moniker "Jorch" originate? I've been away from this board for a while and need to know. Ridiculing Snoory is a pleasure of mine. I love George because he is splendidly incompetent!

ItsOver

Quote from: Ruteger on May 20, 2013, 06:14:18 PM
Where did the moniker "Jorch" originate? I've been away from this board for a while and need to know. Ridiculing Snoory is a pleasure of mine. I love George because he is splendidly incompetent!

I'm thinking maybe it was from Paper*Boy?  I'm not sure myself but got a laugh the first time I saw it.   "Jorch Nooree," sounds to me pretty close phonetically to the way 'ol "Jorch" spits out his name.

Oh, and welcome back.  "Jorch Nooree" still sucks.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on May 20, 2013, 08:05:56 PM

I'm thinking maybe it was from Paper*Boy?

i think that's right.

Nope not me.  I think it was in use for awhile by a couple people before 'Jorch's Eye Pad' thread showed up. 

I'm taking credit for a few others though - PremRat, Dumbheiser, the Snorge, Ian Plummett, there are a couple more that I'm not certain about..

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 20, 2013, 09:36:52 PM
Nope not me.  I think it was in use for awhile by a couple people before 'Jorch's Eye Pad' thread showed up. 

I'm taking credit for a few others though - PremRat, Dumbheiser, the Snorge, Ian Plummett, there are a couple more that I'm not certain about..

Very prolific, and deservedly well used names.  I'm just sad my NoorWellian never took off.  Maybe NoorWellsian?

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 20, 2013, 10:02:34 PM
Very prolific and deservedly well used names.  I'm just sad my NoorWellian never took off.  Maybe NoorWellsian?

I liked NoorWellian.

Growing up, we were quite adept at coming up with nicknames for each other in our neighborhood

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 20, 2013, 10:14:18 PM

I liked NoorWellian.

Growing up, we were quite adept at coming up with nicknames for each other in our neighborhood

Thanks you :)

Ruteger

Maybe we should come to a consensus and call him "Snoorch"? I think the Moderators of this board should put up a poll to vote on Noory's official CoastGab nickname!

My personal favs are "Nooron" and "Snoory".

ziznak

I'd like to see "noory" used more as a verb so much so that it becomes commonplace in the english language.

"It's a shame Tiger nooried that last putt horribly."
"I've been trying to get up off my feet but no matter what I do it seems like I always noory thing up."

i like it as a noun too.

"here comes bob... what a fucking noory"

little kids would have tons of fun with it.
"nuh uhhhhh my mommys not a noory!! It's YOUR MOM thats a NOoory!!"
"Mooooooom billy called me a noory again!!"

BobGrau

Quote from: ziznak on June 17, 2013, 12:52:30 PM

"here comes bob... what a fucking noory"

Oi!

My ma Nooryed yer dad.

ziznak

I dont even want to imagine what "noorying" would mean as a sexual manuever...

didn't mean to use your name as an example back there but I understand you firing back.  Nobody wants to be called a noory.

officially grossed out now... thank you bob

BobGrau

Quote from: ziznak on June 17, 2013, 01:04:38 PM
I dont even want to imagine what "noorying" would mean as a sexual manuever...

didn't mean to use your name as an example back there but I understand you firing back.  Nobody wants to be called a noory.

officially grossed out now... thank you bob

heheh... sometimes the greatest weapon available is your victim's own imagination!