• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Noory sez he's as good as Cronkite and Morrow

Started by jmacky, April 16, 2013, 10:03:27 PM

jmacky

Last night 4/16/13, Noory compared himself to Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow while on the phone. I'd compare him to any DJ in Tulsa Oklahoma and they'd be better.

ItsOver

Quote from: jmacky on April 16, 2013, 10:03:27 PM
Last night 4/16/13, Noory compared himself to Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow...

jazmunda

Quote from: jmacky on April 16, 2013, 10:03:27 PM
Last night 4/16/13, Noory compared himself to Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow while on the phone. I'd compare him to any DJ in Tulsa Oklahoma and they'd be better.

Surely you jest?

Oh Snoory......... get the f*ck over yourself!

Eddie Coyle

I think Noory means today. He's a better hitter than Ted Williams and Stan Musial these days as well.

jazmunda

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 16, 2013, 10:30:27 PM

I think Noory means today. He's a better hitter than Ted Williams and Stan Musial these days as well.

Even if we are comparing him to a rotting corpse I would still choose the rotting corpse.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on April 16, 2013, 10:39:43 PM
Even if we are comparing him to a rotting corpse I would still choose the rotting corpse.
Same here. The worms get preference over him too.

I don't remember hearing him compare himself to Cronkite and Murrow. The caller who brought up the subject of those two, who happened to be a private investigator, was making a point about modern news television. The caller said he was watching CNN coverage of the Boston marathon tragedy and he was appalled and disgusted by the fact that Wolf Blitzer had on a series of 'talking heads' who were mostly concerned with talking about themselves and feeling self-important rather than reporting the actual story. Either Noory or the caller brought up the point that C or M would have handled the situation with more grace, and how a few decades ago journalism was so much better, and funny enough it was Noory who said 'the story is not about them' (the journalists/talking heads), which is funny because GN makes every story about himself. I didn't hear GN compare himself to them directly or indirectly, but he did seem to imply that his and Cronkite's generation just generally did things better, in a nostalgic sort of way.

I could be wrong though; I only listen to the show a few minutes a night before falling asleep.