• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 11, 2014, 09:19:05 PM
Schrader should have more than suggested it.  The principle guest from last night, Russ Kellet, was one of the goofiest bastards I've ever heard.  He sounded like some bovver boy character from the old UK "Carry On" films.  If "They" had hand picked some nitwit to discredit ufology and one of the more intriguing UFO cases of the 70s, Kellet would be hard to beat.

Not to get into this too deeply, but once again I'm amazed at how little understanding many of the UFO "researchers" have about things military, even when such understanding is critical to the case they are investigating and the story they are trying to relate.  For example, how many times did Kellet say there were "battleships" (British, US, NASA)  in the RN flotilla involved in the Berwyn Mts incident?  There were no operational battlerships anywhere in the world in 1974, and of course NASA never had a battleship.  Flash bombs?  What does that mean?  There are flash bangs, used often to stun bad guys, particularly in hostage rescue situations.  They would be useless for illumination purposes.  There are also high intensity flares, including those dropped by a/c and fired from warships, used to illuminate a wide area at night for military purposes.  I think that's what he was referring to, but to claim more were used on that one night in 1974 in the Irish Sea than in all of WWII is unbelievably stupid.

I don't know which is more frustrating to me, the number of no talent boobs who have their own UFO/paranormal radio and TV programs or the seemingly endless number of scammers, delusional mental cases, and/or idiots they get as guests.

eh, yah?

Wow, I'm actually listening to this, albeit accidentally. I couldn't tell it was coast at first, and was very surprised to hear the bumper. The material is good and the host is a million times better than Noory. First time hearing schrader, been listening to coast since 1994, this is not bad.

I really miss hearing the show on AM, there's something very fitting the mood of the subject matter.

yumyumtree

I inadvertantly posted my comments on tonight's Schraeder show on the Noory sucks thread.

yumyumtree

What's a bovver boy? I didn't consider Kellett too credible either.

yumyumtree

Now Streiber is really laying a guilt trip on those of us who ridiculed the anal probe story--were making fun of a rape victim now.

Yeah, right, blame the spider. I volunteer for an arachnologist. People blame any mark or lesion on spider bites even though they seldom see what bit them. That doesn't mean it was aliens, though.

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 12, 2014, 12:25:59 AM
Now Streiber is really laying a guilt trip on those of us who ridiculed the anal probe story--were making fun of a rape victim now.

Yeah, right, blame the spider. I volunteer for an arachnologist. People blame any mark or lesion on spider bites even though they seldom see what bit them. That doesn't mean it was aliens, though.

It's amazing how many people in British Columbia have bites from brown recluse spiders when there are no brown recluse spiders in British Columbia

Catsmile

OH! Weeber me BB!

[attachimg=1]

WildCard

Hey guild.

No friggin Elvis, Schrader! I mean it.
Good show though.

Alliens at Dulce Base?
Up-loaders comments:

"this is a video that i want to get your guys comments on... im not sure if it was real or not, but i did a little research in it and i found this page http://www.sacred-texts.com/ufo/dulce.htm"

WTF? Where'd you get the video?

WildCard

THECHIEF103
6 years ago
"Just so you know, this is a fake animation produced by a Japenese artist in 2001. It was based off some files that a guard said he stole from the base."

Antonio Corzo
5 years ago
"the video is fake made by a japanese TV show back in the 90s. It was made according to Bob Lazar's description."

I listen to C2Cam a day after when it's available on other media so to speak, so I'm a bit late on this, but oh F*** this Russ was annoying. You could hear Schrader getting irritated too while Russ rambled on too, and I'm sure 5% of what he said was ERRRRMMM. It was embarrassing.

He has all this video footage of his UFO encounters but doesn't post them because someone was stealing them? It's easy to tag them with a transparent watermark to avoid that, as I do with my videos, so that's rubbish.

If Art had had him on I'm pretty sure he'd have booted him and gone to open lines or something.

*also I still need to change my name as it's a variation on someones, sorry for any confusion*

Uncle Duke

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 12, 2014, 12:19:42 AM
What's a bovver boy? I didn't consider Kellett too credible either.

"Bovver boy" is a British expression, refers to uneducated, lower class young men.  Closest I can associate it to in the US would be "trailer trash" or maybe "redneck".  First time I heard the expression used was by a colleague from the UK who advised we pass on a pub outside of Belfast that seemed to cater to loud, obnoxious skinhead types.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 12, 2014, 08:40:12 AM
"Bovver boy" is a British expression, refers to uneducated, lower class young men.  Closest I can associate it to in the US would be "trailer trash" or maybe "redneck".  First time I heard the expression used was by a colleague from the UK who advised we pass on a pub outside of Belfast that seemed to cater to loud, obnoxious skinhead types.

As a Brit I've not heard that in a long time, used to be used for punks and the like in the early 80s as I can recall. I can't think what I'd categorise him as, not a chav by any means. Delusional and attention seeking springs to mind.

Has Jenny Randles ever been on C2C?

I know how he feels. It really frosts my corn flakes when people make fun of my alien anal probe stories.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 12, 2014, 12:28:46 AM
It's amazing how many people in British Columbia have bites from brown recluse spiders when there are no brown recluse spiders in British Columbia

Now that's spooky!

yumyumtree

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 12, 2014, 08:40:12 AM
I've heard the term "chav" to describe that demographic. Do they still use that?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 12, 2014, 10:10:52 AM
I've heard the term "chav" to describe that demographic. Do they still use that?

Yes. It varies in use depending on where in the UK it's used. I think the origin is in the south east, Kent area. Where it's used as an alternative to 'mate' or 'bloke'. For some reason (and I don't know why) it evolved into being used to describe someone with lots of apparent wealth but lower classed (as opposed to working class); look up Katie Price. It seems now to be used on those who appear on the Jeremy Kyle show. Low apirational, ugly, teeth missing, dress all day in track suits but their only exercise is a trip to the dealer or lifting the remote control. Oh and breed and be violent.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 12, 2014, 10:04:58 AM
I know how he feels. It really frosts my corn flakes when people make fun of my alien anal probe stories.

People still think it funny I'm confused that I have opposing thumbs on each hand. Seriously.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 12, 2014, 10:58:48 AM
People still think it funny I'm confused that I have opposing thumbs on each hand. Seriously.

So did the aliens who probed me.  In fact, that's what they used, all sixteen inches serrated inches.  That's why I walk this way.

WildCard

Are you new? He's been playin this song since SouthPark.
I hear what he's sayin, up to a point. He's just a person like all of us.
But when he characterizes Matt and Trey as "evil" - time to get off the crazy-train.
He said the same thing about Doug and Dave(?), the crop-circle guys.
He's Catholic to the bone. Life is a battle between good and evil and he's on the side of the Angel's

Edit #5 - Stupid commas! They should all be killed!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 12, 2014, 10:10:52 AM

I'll defer to Pud on that term, but the people he's describing seem to be somewhat different from the "bovver boys" I remember from back in the late 70s/early 80s. Bovvers were uneducated types with no wealth, apparent or otherwise.  Don't recall them being associated with either drugs or violence, just loud-mouth ignorance and usually on the dole.  Think a Brit version of "Honey Boo Boo" and her family.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 12, 2014, 10:04:58 AM

I now have a whole new perspective on Tony the Tiger.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 12, 2014, 01:02:40 PM
I'll defer to Pud on that term, but the people he's describing seem to be somewhat different from the "bovver boys" I remember from back in the late 70s/early 80s. Bovvers were uneducated types with no wealth, apparent or otherwise.  Don't recall them being associated with either drugs or violence, just loud-mouth ignorance and usually on the dole.  Think a Brit version of "Honey Boo Boo" and her family.
I heard the term "ned" quite a bit north of the border in Scotland. I think it was Scotland's equivalent to "chav." Basically worthless young teens in tracksuits, bad acne, trainers, who set around the streets and parks drinking tonic wine or cheap cider, doing cheap bad drugs and getting fights, petty crime, and carry Stanley knives. I think the different between them and England's chavs is that chavs like Burberry for some reason.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 12, 2014, 01:02:40 PM

Ahhh I think we're at crossed purposes here. I was describing Chavs. You're right UD; Bovver boys were traditionally thugs, some of them skinheads, some wearing Doc Martin boots..Although skinheads used to get pissed that their 'style' was plagarised by the thugs..Skinheads were into Ska and Reggae and not violent...but it's difficult to know the difference if you're not familiar and they're walking down the street towards you!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 12, 2014, 01:05:15 PM
I now have a whole new perspective on Tony the Tiger.

Gives his catchphrase a whole new meaning, doesn't it?  ;)

How's it going, Duke?  I'm expecting a package from Stan any day now with an early seventies DVD of Foghat backing up several U.S. bluesmen, including Honeyboy Edwards and Eddie Kirkland, at some big event Foghat put together for the purpose of showcasing them.  I discovered it on YouTube a couple of years ago, and some of it is absolutely scorching, but it was taken down shortly afterward. I mentioned it to Stan the other night, and of course he had it.  Shoulda known!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 12, 2014, 01:25:19 PM
Gives his catchphrase a whole new meaning, doesn't it?  ;)

How's it going, Duke?  I'm expecting a package from Stan any day now with an early seventies DVD of Foghat backing up several U.S. bluesmen, including Honeyboy Edwards and Eddie Kirkland, at some big event Foghat put together for the purpose of showcasing them.  I discovered it on YouTube a couple of years ago, and some of it is absolutely scorching, but it was taken down shortly afterward. I mentioned it to Stan the other night, and of course he had it.  Shoulda known!

I always thought he was saying "great", guess it was "grate".

Sounds like the three of us are keeping the US and Canadian postal services in business.

yumyumtree

Quote from: albrecht on August 12, 2014, 01:16:00 PM
I heard the term "ned" quite a bit north of the border in Scotland. I think it was Scotland's equivalent to "chav." Basically worthless young teens in tracksuits, bad acne, trainers, who set around the streets and parks drinking tonic wine or cheap cider, doing cheap bad drugs and getting fights, petty crime, and carry Stanley knives. I think the different between them and England's chavs is that chavs like Burberry for some reason.

Goodness. Kind of like Trainspotting.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 12, 2014, 10:55:39 AM
Yes. It varies in use depending on where in the UK it's used. I think the origin is in the south east, Kent area. Where it's used as an alternative to 'mate' or 'bloke'. For some reason (and I don't know why) it evolved into being used to describe someone with lots of apparent wealth but lower classed (as opposed to working class); look up Katie Price. It seems now to be used on those who appear on the Jeremy Kyle show. Low apirational, ugly, teeth missing, dress all day in track suits but their only exercise is a trip to the dealer or lifting the remote control. Oh and breed and be violent.

I had actually heard the term applied to the  Beckhams once. Of course they've lived in Los Angeles for a long time now. That explains why some were critical when they had so many children. I thought they were just jealous of Mrs. Beckham, a former Spice Girl, for keeping her figure.

yumyumtree

Well, back to Russ Kellett. May be crazy as a bedbug, but he served his country. Like I always say about Prince Harry.

Uncle Duke

And I hope the incompetence of this messanger doesn't detract from the message. There was an interesting UFO event that night in that part of the UK, and it has been investigated by more credible researchers than ol'Russ.  One of those investigators is a gent named Scott Felton.  His name came up during the interview with Kellet as someone Schrader said challenged the authenticity of Kellet's "Coastguards letter".  This drew laughter and a mocking  "no comment" from Kellet, giving me the impression Kellet was trying to make Felton out to be a debunker.  This is not the case as Felton is on record that he believes a UFO was sighted, and possibly landed, that night in the Berwyn Mts.  Felton does not have disdain for the story, just for Kellet.

EBE123

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 11, 2014, 09:19:05 PM
Schrader should have more than suggested it.  The principle guest from last night, Russ Kellet, was one of the goofiest bastards I've ever heard.  He sounded like some bovver boy character from the old UK "Carry On" films.  If "They" had hand picked some nitwit to discredit ufology and one of the more intriguing UFO cases of the 70s, Kellet would be hard to beat.

Not to get into this too deeply, but once again I'm amazed at how little understanding many of the UFO "researchers" have about things military, even when such understanding is critical to the case they are investigating and the story they are trying to relate.  For example, how many times did Kellet say there were "battleships" (British, US, NASA)  in the RN flotilla involved in the Berwyn Mts incident?  There were no operational battlerships anywhere in the world in 1974, and of course NASA never had a battleship.  Flash bombs?  What does that mean?  There are flash bangs, used often to stun bad guys, particularly in hostage rescue situations.  They would be useless for illumination purposes.  There are also high intensity flares, including those dropped by a/c and fired from warships, used to illuminate a wide area at night for military purposes.  I think that's what he was referring to, but to claim more were used on that one night in 1974 in the Irish Sea than in all of WWII is unbelievably stupid.

I don't know which is more frustrating to me, the number of no talent boobs who have their own UFO/paranormal radio and TV programs or the seemingly endless number of scammers, delusional mental cases, and/or idiots they get as guests.

There were no operational battleships in 1974? Right, yeah?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship

These are what he was talking about. Right, yeah?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoflash_bomb