• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Quote from: brig on March 14, 2019, 11:28:38 PM
I guess I wouldn't care, if I didn't like the guest, but all this focus on time limitations, reminders, guest asking how much time he has etc, really makes the show nerve wracking.  Probably just too many commercial interruptions, especially for a one or two hour slot.  IMO.
The found someone who actually wants to run Ads on this show?

Shocker. But good for for Keith and Dave.

Lilith

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 15, 2019, 10:54:01 PM
You make fair points. But I’d counter that shows on commercial radio are more profitable that smaller podcast. I’m just saying generally, I’m not talking about popular podcast.

I’d rather have a radio show on terrestrial radio, with multiple affiliates, that is a hell of a lot easier to sell adds on than a podcast like MITD.

I understand, but,
I honestly think people have a better chance with SuperChat on live YouTube streams.  People that are popular, make hundreds of dollars, just for a couple hour live stream.  They also have people sending them gift cards, and other gifts, and most seem to have other methods of giving support set up as well.  Heather already has dozens of guys that would donate BIG time, I'm SURE, if Heather did live YouTube streams with superchat.  She wouldn't even need to be talented, or anything like that.  She has her own little following of fans already that just love to send her money and gifts, no matter what.

On the other hand, Heather has the people that will always follow her drama, if she is on the air.  I can't ever see that audience growing large enough to make a successful living tho.  We already have too many shows with the same guests and topics Heather has on IMO.  Also, it's difficult for me to imagine Heather being reliable, and unemotional enough to be professional in that field.   I could be wrong.

Lilith

Lamone?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lilith

The guest really seems to enjoy what he's doing.

Robert

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 14, 2019, 04:23:32 PMYou gotta hand it to Dave, he's taken the very successful Dave Noory C2C model and applied it to MITD
-split show format suits shitty guests, needs minimal show prep and leaves little time for (nonexistent) callers
-lots of side projects like morning zoo sit-ins, yelling-at-ghost tv shows in case the show fails.
-plenty of 3&4 day work weeks and regular weeks off to attend wizard conventions, Alien cons and Rassle-cruises
-have a clown car full of vanilla shitters (that are absolutely no threat to replace you)ready to fill in while you're off on your multiple side gigs/vacations
All while a disinterested management ignores a dwindling listenership
I can't say anything about that last bit, but the rest of the description fits to a T.  I was very enthusiastic about how Mr. Schrader operated until about the past mo., now very disappointing.  Although I've nothing against split-format, and often find it interesting, it is eerily similar to that model.  Last night the sort of show where the m.c. is hardly needed: a live soothsayer taking calls.  So I turned it off.

However, Mr. Schrader hints at an interesting development, for which this may be a mere placeholder.  I sure hope so.

Robert

Quote from: brig on March 14, 2019, 10:12:29 PMIt always seemed so RUDE, when Heather would incessantly try to redirect the conversation that the guest wanted to have.  Don't be a Heather, Dave.
But at least Ms. Wade gave the impression of doing so out of knowledge & interest, while Mr. Noory seems to do so out of ignorance & lack of interest.  I'd prefer a Heather to a Snoory.

Robert

Quote from: brig on March 14, 2019, 11:50:57 PMI'm not even sure how many people use their radios in their cars anymore.  People seem to use their cell phones, and listen to live youtube streams, or their own music collections, through their car speakers while they're driving these days.  I'm not sure this commercial supported radio model can compete these days.
If that's doing badly, I wonder how terrestrial subcarrier FM is doing.  I haven't checked that in many years.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on March 18, 2019, 08:34:54 PM

I wonder if that jacket is from Zahi Hawass's collection of safari clothes.  I never see regular people wearing that stuff.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 18, 2019, 09:17:31 PM
I wonder if that jacket is from Zahi Hawass's collection of safari clothes.  I never see regular people wearing that stuff.

Maybe we can ask the guy that sang this song where he got his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

The drummer's blouse is also quite fetching.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2019, 09:40:36 PM
Maybe we can ask the guy that sang this song where he got his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

The drummer's blouse is also quite fetching.

You're right!  As library wear it appears to be de rigueur.  Will need some khaki before I hit the stacks next.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 18, 2019, 09:53:00 PM
You're right!  As library wear it appears to be de rigueur.  Will need some khaki before I hit the stacks next.

L.L.Bean is calling your name.

I think that's the kind of shit they sell, anyway.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2019, 10:01:39 PM
L.L.Bean is calling your name.

I think that's the kind of shit they sell, anyway.

...and my midlife crisis has arrived.  Thanks.

Jackstar

Most people aren't as stylish as you by the time they've been buried and had a fancy statue raised. Cheer up!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jackstar on March 18, 2019, 10:12:04 PM
Most people aren't as stylish as you by the time they've been buried and had a fancy statue raised. Cheer up!

He's not wrong, K.

K_Dubb

Aw thanks Jacky Roz smooch smooch

Roswells, Art

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 18, 2019, 10:16:56 PM
Aw thanks Jacky Roz smooch smooch

I'm sure all the lurkers agree, even the axe murdery ones.

Also, getting a Porsche couldn't hurt.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2019, 10:17:49 PM
I'm sure all the lurkers agree, even the axe murdery ones.

Also, getting a Porsche couldn't hurt.

It would have to be very old, smelly and unrestored.  Purely as a matter of taste.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 18, 2019, 10:28:06 PM
It would have to be very old, smelly and unrestored.  Purely as a matter of taste.

Old is good, so is the smell. You can always restore it. I wish that were a metaphor but it isn't.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 18, 2019, 09:17:31 PM

Josh Gates of Expedition Unknown.

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/expedition-unknown

Yeah...

Josh has a MUCH better voice!  Other than that...

No Comment.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on March 20, 2019, 04:58:19 PM

Josh Gates of Expedition Unknown.

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/expedition-unknown

Yeah...

Josh has a MUCH better voice!  Other than that...

No Comment.

I checked to see if maybe Dave got the safari bug yet, being an adventurous sort, but, other than a t-shirt with epaulettes (the only one I've ever seen), he appears to demur.

Lilith

I hope Dave has this guy on first. ^   I've heard enough about the Mandela effect over the decades...

Lilith

Lilith

Are you going to let the guest talk much tonight Dave?

Lilith

So FaceBook isn't Snowflake enough for this guy?

Lilith

The Russians were mean to Hillary on Facebook?  Is that basically it?