• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Corona Kitty

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2018, 03:56:14 PM
I'm doing my impersonation of MD!  LOL

I like talking shit every now and then.

People get really upset when I do it, for some reason but it's part of my act.

That's a good impression of him, I started calling him that first then he went on a spree addressing me in such regards. I felt like we have become friends, I like being trashed.

Quote from: username on May 08, 2018, 03:58:23 PM
People get really upset when I do it, for some reason but it's part of my act.

I got my start on forums engaging in trollish behavior on C2C's Coast Rider forum.  I've mellowed out in the years since but I need to scratch that itch once in a while.

MD knows he's my bud.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2018, 03:48:37 PM
You're just jealous.  Get a life, faggot!!

Hey! Good to have you onboard! :D

Corona Kitty

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2018, 04:03:54 PM
I got my start on forums engaging in trollish behavior on C2C's Coast Rider forum.  I've mellowed out in the years since but I need to scratch that itch once in a while.

MD knows he's my bud.

I'm quite fond of him also, there's actually a lot of good people here too.

Dr. MD MD

MD knows he's my bud.

One of my best friends during my undergrad work was a guy who came from a born again Christian family. His parents used to patronize the health food store I was managing at the time and were just the sweetest people you'd ever meet. Anyway, my friend was basically still Christian but was questioning a lot more because we were taking philosophy classes  together. His favorite pastime was to troll born again Christians on IRC back then. He'd do that sometimes in lieu of handing in his essays. I used to tell him to just do some editing on his trolling sessions and it would've been an A paper, easily. ;D

ACE of CLUBS

Dave Schrader ..... don't know him, have never listened to him, but hate him nonetheless.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: username on May 08, 2018, 02:25:05 PM
You're titled to your opinion, as much as I am.
Hahahahaha that would be entitled. Lmao! Thanks for the laugh.

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 08, 2018, 04:16:04 PM
Dave Schrader ..... don't know him, have never listened to him, but hate him nonetheless.

Of course you do but 6 months from now you will be sucking up to him. ;) ;D

Better get on this train if you don't want to be left behind!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2018, 03:56:14 PM
I'm doing my impersonation of MD!  LOL

I like talking shit every now and then.
;D He’s been taking it easy the last couple of weeks or so, I’ve noticed. :)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 08, 2018, 04:12:53 PM
One of my best friends during my undergrad work was a guy who came from a born again Christian family. His parents used to patronize the health food store I was managing at the time and were just the sweetest people you'd ever meet. Anyway, my friend was basically still Christian but was questioning a lot more because we were taking philosophy classes  together. His favorite pastime was to troll born again Christians on IRC back then. He'd do that sometimes in lieu of handing in his essays. I used to tell him to just do some editing on his trolling sessions and it would've been an A paper, easily. ;D

If I could troll anyone, it would be a group of religious zealots.  :-X. But why waste my time. Meh.

Epaphroditus

Quote from: CoolTen10 on May 08, 2018, 08:20:12 AM
He is bad..I never liked him on C2C either. Always puts you to sleep. Presents subjects in a boring way.

I wonder if Keith texts him during the show "You suck Dave" "Get it together or your gone!" "Your no Art Bell!"...exc....

Hi Lasha !

Shrader is fine for me , but as soon as the guest / subject was announced I tuned out just as I will with tonights retread .

If Keith really was texting HW that nonsense then it explains why she sounded so scripted this last year but only she can prove with her own show if she can stand on her own two feet .

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Epaphroditus on May 08, 2018, 04:24:36 PM
Hi Lasha !

Shrader is fine for me , but as soon as the guest / subject was announced I tuned out just as I will with tonights retread .

If Keith really was texting HW that nonsense then it explains why she sounded so scripted this last year but only she can prove with her own show if she can stand on her own two feet .

Yeah. It’s time to put up or shut and nut up. No blame, just get it done.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 08, 2018, 04:23:56 PM
If I could troll anyone, it would be a group of religious zealots.  :-X. But why waste my time. Meh.

It used to delight my friend to no end. I didn't quite get it but it didn't seem morally reprehensible or anything. In fact the debate was quite lively. Which is why I used to advise him to utilize in his required writing.

ItsTelly

I like Schrader very much and am very happy he is the new host.

I doubt KR is texting negative comments to Schrader during the show.  My impression is that KR is thrilled to have a host of Dave's caliber and talent.

To each is own.  For those that like HW, she'll have her own show soon enough...

Telly

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 04:18:10 PM
Hahahahaha that would be entitled. Lmao! Thanks for the laugh.

No problem, never post while walking.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 08, 2018, 04:22:21 PM
;D He’s been taking it easy the last couple of weeks or so, I’ve noticed. :)

Maybe he's 'come to terms' with his homosexuality ......
Possibly his anger issues too ....
Alex Jones no longer sends his videos ...
Life is good, especially for other folks here.  8)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 08, 2018, 04:53:08 PM
Maybe he's 'come to terms' with his homosexuality ......
Possibly his anger issues too ....
Alex Jones no longer sends his videos ...
Life is good, especially for other folks here.  8)

The jig is up, my lesbian friend. Time to stop pretending.  ;)

QuoteMidnight in Fargo Sucks!!!

Well, hopefully Rowland won't be throwing the host in the Woodchipper just yet...

Corona Kitty

Quote from: AlternativeSide on May 08, 2018, 06:50:50 PM
Well, hopefully Rowland won't be throwing the host in the Woodchipper just yet...

Fargo is a good movie.

CoolTen10

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2018, 03:48:37 PM
You're just jealous.  Get a life, faggot!!

I'm jealous of your good looks...Want to meet behind a garbage dumpster at Wendy's?

paladin1991

MD knows he's my bud.
    bitch.     

paladin1991

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 08, 2018, 04:16:04 PM

https://youtu.be/gBDOKtnpIpc

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 08, 2018, 04:28:02 PM
It used to delight my friend to no end. I didn't quite get it but it didn't seem morally reprehensible or anything. In fact the debate was quite lively. Which is why I used to advise him to utilize in his required writing.
Would you like the most likely, honest answer?  You mention that he was still a Christian.  I would bet that his trolling was relatively tame.  He was likely quite intelligent and he probably picked posts and positions that were quite extreme (show me a Christian that would not troll the Westboro Baptists, and I will show you a Christian that I would happily troll...)  The others he may have just been watching the responses to look for original thoughts and interesting defenses.  Sometimes debate is a good thing- even if you have to take a side that you don't necessarily agree with.

***I would be interested to know how many Bellgabbers cut their teeth either trolling boards or trolling the trolls.  I would bet it is the vast majority.

***I cannot guarantee that was his reasons.  I'm just relaying my experiences (though your free to argue that I'm not the person I describe in my post as the descriptor "quite intelligent" does not apply...)

chefist

Quote from: WOTR on May 09, 2018, 01:54:14 AM
Would you like the most likely, honest answer?  You mention that he was still a Christian.  I would bet that his trolling was relatively tame.  He was likely quite intelligent and he probably picked posts and positions that were quite extreme (show me a Christian that would not troll the Westboro Baptists, and I will show you a Christian that I would happily troll...)  The others he may have just been watching the responses to look for original thoughts and interesting defenses.  Sometimes debate is a good thing- even if you have to take a side that you don't necessarily agree with.

***I would be interested to know how many Bellgabbers cut their teeth either trolling boards or trolling the trolls.  I would bet it is the vast majority.

BG taught me something important...text on screen...text on screen.

Jojo

What?  I thought Bart Ell was named?  Was that something different?

Juan

How dare you. It was Usenet newsgroups for me.

bellNwhistle

***I cannot guarantee that was his reasons.  I'm just relaying my experiences (though your free to argue that I'm not the person I describe in my post as the descriptor "quite intelligent" does not apply...)

I have a teenage son with Autism. He's great with computers (as it seems so many of them are), and although my husband is in IT, and can block a lot of shit, my kid still finds ways to get around stuff.  I won't get into all of the stuff he's done, but he finds trolls absolutely hilarious. Not only does he enjoy them (unless they're trolling him- in which case, watch the fuck out), he has had no problem trolling back. We have tried to make it a point to block forums as soon as we see he's been to one (or I just check his posts, watch the sites he's actually on, because he wouldn't have a reason to troll some of them), but I do worry about what kind of shit he might get up to when he's an adult, and I won't have the ability to monitor him. I guess as long as I'm not paying for his internet, it's not my problem.  ::) 

I just don't see the point of it. I mean, I can see how someone who is bored or likes attention or whatever chooses to do it. But if I know I couldn't step foot into a pro Westboro Church forum w/out telling all of them to fuck off, and I don't feel like having all of them tell me to fuck off in return, why waste my time with any of it? I know there are topics people can't agree on, but why not at least try to have rational, intelligent conversations about it? IF choosing to have one at all?   That said, I have gone to FB pages of candidates I hate with a burning passion, to laugh at some of the most idiotic shit their followers come up with. I don't bother with comments- usually. But I will "laugh" at them.  Does it really make me feel better?  ;D

I have never even been to a C2C forum, unless I was searching for info about Art during his retirement.  I was hoping for updates on his new wife, kids, etc..  I kept coming across a few particular sites. I never joined or posted, though.  I don't really give a shit about Coasters, or whatever they call themselves. 

Okay, boys. Troll me if you want.  I realize I added nothing of quality to this thread.  But I liked your post, WOTR.

Hells Mole

Quote from: Juan on May 09, 2018, 04:17:42 AM
How dare you. It was Usenet newsgroups for me.

Telephone coupler modems at 300 baud on local BBSes here.

ponyboysunset

This is my first and only forum in my entire 42 years on this planet. I just speak my mind and give zero fucks otherwise.