• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 25, 2017, 02:33:59 AM
Thanks. I see he just had a show with Steph Young. She has been making the rounds lately, but I love her voice. Must be an ASMR thing.
Howdy, Gravity! ;D

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 25, 2017, 02:33:59 AM
Thanks. I see he just had a show with Steph Young. She has been making the rounds lately, but I love her voice. Must be an ASMR thing.

Anytime, GS.  :D A cure for the mediocrity that is Coast during the weekdays.  I'm listening to the Steven LaChance show on the 1949 exorcism case right now.

Chad Jacobs

Schrader's show about The Exorcist was really good.  I still miss the live call in aspect. I wonder how much more would it cost to broadcast "internet only" with live call in possible along with retaining the podcast aspect?  He could throw in a dedicated Youtube channel with or without this aspect to also raise revenue. 

trostol

i give him credit..can DL'd the podcasts for free

Quote from: trostol on January 26, 2017, 07:25:36 PM
i give him credit..can DL'd the podcasts for free

Yeah that's cool, I would be OK with paying for it. I bust his balls but I am a Schrader fan, at have higher expectations for him and Tim than most host. They actually do seem genuine.

Honestly, I preferred darkness radio to beyond. Might take them awhile to fine their groove. Seems almost rushed at times.

Zetaspeak

So refreshing. The opening segment with nothing political. By gosh, it can be done. Strange story of The Oc chick.

The guest said "He heard it... with his ears". Reminds me of a great Marge Simpson quote of "He looked at me.... with his eyes"

Cool the Warren visited this house

TigerLily

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 28, 2017, 12:25:33 AM
So refreshing. The opening segment with nothing political. By gosh, it can be done. Strange story of The Oc chick.

The guest said "He heard it... with his ears". Reminds me of a great Marge Simpson quote of "He looked at me.... with his eyes"

Cool the Warren visited this house

Listening too. Schrader is good. And we are blessed with another Knapp Night Sunday

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on January 28, 2017, 12:40:24 AM
Listening too. Schrader is good. And we are blessed with another Knapp Night Sunday

Surprised Knapp has two topics about Canada. Seems one of the Canuck cohosts would have jumped on those.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2017, 12:41:50 AM
Surprised Knapp has two topics about Canada. Seems one of the Canuck cohosts would have jumped on those.

lol. I know. When I read the topics I thought it would be Syrett. Color me relieved

Zetaspeak

HAHA I feel the exact same way.

This weekend should be good, probably my two favorite hosts. Even though the first topic tomorrow I will probably skip as it sounds depressing.

TigerLily

Just now looked at tomorrow's topics.  Hearing about the blues will probably make my own mood blacker. But I'm all over the serial killer convo

Zetaspeak

Agree.I can totally accept a topic like this to be added to the rolodex of C2C subjects.

I don't think I would purposely buy a house the has been reported haunted. It falls under a house i'd like to visit but not live in.

GravitySucks

I would probably skip buying a haunted house. Especially if a murder had occurred there. Natural death I coukd probably deal with. When I was a kid the guy next door shot himself after a stand off with police. He began by randomly firing out the windows while we were playing outside. The house freaked me out the rest of the time I lived there.

Zetaspeak

Oh wow. Yeah that would unsettle anyone.

This Hinsdale case would be a good backdrop for a Conjuring movie

Ciardelo

Brave topic Dave. Goodnight all.

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 29, 2017, 12:41:13 AM
Brave topic Dave. Goodnight all.

Dave has been very open about his depression and consideration of suicide. I am glad he is around.

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on January 29, 2017, 07:18:36 PM
Dave has been very open about his depression and consideration of suicide. I am glad he is around.
Same here, n.i.a.  Schrader's openness in talking about depression, and wanting to help others, is one of the big reasons I'm a fan.  Plus, I like his enthusiasm and energy for the topics he covers, and the fact that Good Dave genuinely seems to enjoy living and working in Minnesota. 

Plus, Dave has a great sense of humor, which he seems to consciously downplay when guest-hosting C2C, which I flat-out don't understand.

zeebo

Quote from: Étouffée on January 30, 2017, 07:00:34 PM
...Plus, Dave has a great sense of humor, which he seems to consciously downplay when guest-hosting C2C, which I flat-out don't understand.

I think he's trying to keep it gritty, but imho he needs do some lighter topics sometimes - mix it up a bit more, kind of how Knapp does. 

Dave Schrader is the guest tonight 2-7-17 on Jimmy Church's show.  Hold on.... Tomorrow night Church's guest is the great Dave Noory.

Ciardelo

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on February 07, 2017, 09:45:39 PM
Dave Schrader is the guest tonight 2-7-17 on Jimmy Church's show.  Hold on.... Tomorrow night Church's guest is the great Dave Noory.

Jimmie who?

AvDaBr

As Noory might say I'm "looking forward to this" tonight- only I mean it.  Bill Scott I believe was on with Knapp roughly four years ago or so, which made it a novelty of sorts since Knapp doesn't tend to do ghost/demon topics.  I assume the story he told then will be largely regurgitated tonight, so listen early on for a particularly chilling detail.  I still remember Knapp's reaction to that detail back on that show.

zeebo

Quote from: AvDaBr on March 04, 2017, 08:18:22 PM
As Noory might say I'm "looking forward to this" tonight- only I mean it.  Bill Scott I believe was on with Knapp roughly four years ago or so, which made it a novelty of sorts since Knapp doesn't tend to do ghost/demon topics.  I assume the story he told then will be largely regurgitated tonight, so listen early on for a particularly chilling detail.  I still remember Knapp's reaction to that detail back on that show.

I like Shrade but don't usually listen since I'm squeamish about these kinds of topics he often does.  But maybe I'll give it a tentative listen, ready to press the mute button the moment it gets too creepy.

JesusJuice

Anyone else going to be listening in the "dahk"?

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on March 04, 2017, 10:18:38 PM
I like Shrade but don't usually listen since I'm squeamish about these kinds of topics he often does.  But maybe I'll give it a tentative listen, ready to press the mute button the moment it gets too creepy.
Better make the most of it, Zeeb.  Guess what tomorrow night is.  Hint, it's the first Sunday of the month.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 04, 2017, 10:45:52 PM
Better make the most of it, Zeeb.  Guess what tomorrow night is.  Hint, it's the first Sunday of the month.

Dude I told you I'm already feeling squeamish.   :(

zeebo

Ok so I wussed out on the second guest, but for anyone interested in NDE's the first guest is worth a listen.

ffernandez15

The show with Bill Scott was one of the most compelling Coast to Coast shows in recent memory.  I was disappointed that Scott had destroyed the tapes of the possessed Roxanne speaking in the Demon voice.  I decided to download and listen to George Knapp's show with Bill Scott, from July 2012. Scott was on for only half the show, so the discussion was a bit more compressed, but still a fine show with Mr. Knapp.

One item of note: In the Knapp show, Bill Scott again admits He destroyed all the Roxanne tapes with the demon voice. He tried to find copies of those tapes with no success.
However, Scott told Knapp that apparently, Roxanne kept repeating this episode with different radio shows, and Scott tried to call in to these other hosts to warn the. In 2012, Scott actually found a clip from one of those shows on the internet!  I don't recall him telling Dave this.  This morning, after hearing this on the Knapp episode, I went to BING, and searched for 'Roxanne Possessed Radio Show'.  Right away, I found the clip on Youtube, one of several with Roxanne. It's from radio host Bob Larson, and it's from 1988!  So, go to the link below if you want to hear a sample of distressed and possessed Roxanne. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6YNe5ejbJg

P.S. Glad to hear that Roxanne is doing well now, recently married. 

The guest selection for beyond the darkness has been poor lately. Too many thick accents or speech implements.

Podcast one is seemingly against True Crime Tuesdays which were by far the best night of the week. Schrader said this week, they will have a one off Tuesday night true crime episode but it will not be permanently back.

Lilith

Just checking to see if anybody's home...

JesusJuice

Annie from Alabama calling in again. ::)  Is she real? This has to be a character. Her microwave was sending out messages to her in Morse Code. She doesn't understand Morse Code so she can't decipher it. It could be in Spanish but she's pretty sure that it's in English. Also it might be her mother that died.